Thread: Nude Trump Statues Popping Up Across The U.S.

Nude Trump Statues Popping Up Across The U.S.

NYC Parks Dept. issues statement: "NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small."

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12...eles-indecline

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Is this how they expect to fight back? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Is this how they expect to fight back? Seriously?
    It is! And Hillary's is... bigger... I guess...?

*vomits*
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Who thinks of this stuff anyway? Heh.

Is that statement for real?! Can't be. Erection, no matter how small?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ry-statue.html

Monroe was quick to claim that he had “no intent to fat-shame” Trump because he’s “not a skinny guy myself,” but thinks that there would have been “a lot worse reaction” to a similar statue of the Democratic Party’s nominee.

“If it were a statue of Hillary everyone would be crying sexism and misogyny. [The piece] was readily accepted because he is a man and one who is quick to body-shame,” Monroe told The Daily Beast. “To see him standing in public wearing no clothes is, to me, hilarious.”

When asked if the studio would consider making a sculpture of Hillary Clinton in a similar style, the spokesperson replied enthusiastically. “Hillary’s not much better than Trump so we’ll probably make one of her too,” he said.

Monroe was similarly eager about creating a Hillary artwork, saying he would do so “in a heartbeat. I have utter detest for her and her rapist husband.”

In fact, while Monroe was always enthusiastic to be part of “The Emperor has no Balls” project, he was upfront with the studio at the outset, admitting he was planning on voting for Trump.

Eventually, as he worked through the project, however, and heard more of the “amazingly stupid things Trump has said,” he became less excited about the prospect of a Trump presidency.

“The last straw,” Monroe told The Daily Beast, “was when Trump made fun of the disabled reporter. I have family members who are disabled and I was raised to know that you just don’t do that.” Monroe said he will be voting for Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson in the 2016 election.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Is that statement for real?! Can't be. Erection, no matter how small?!
    A city department in New York City is obviously going to curry favor by jumping on the NeverTrump bandwagon.

should put hillary's head on it...same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    should put hillary's head on it...same thing.
    And add a few pounds?

If it were a statue of Hillary everyone would be crying sexism and misogyny
    Well, we'd certainly be crying.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/articl...ng-9178457.php

My name is Shane Brodie. I am an overweight transsexual man. I'm also a sculptor. I'm a very private and shy person, but yesterday I went to the Castro District of SF and stood at the place where the Trump statue was glued to the sidewalk.
    [...]
    Trump's words and actions are enough reason not to support him as president and this body shaming was completely unnecessary and a new low in our culture. The effect of body shaming ripples out beyond Mr. Trump and hurts everyone.

I also think that the statue itself was very lazy as an art piece, since it riled up prejudices without any examination of them and did not consider the impact of the message. It was the status quo and more of the same (how boring) and not an exploration of something further at all. In fact, the reactions to the statue are similar to the bigotry displayed at Trump rallies.

My protest is meant to counter the message of the statue's makers, it's an exploration of prejudice, and it's my personal response to it since I love my body and who I am.
    h/t @presence http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-Shame-Effigy
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I thought they were against body shaming

In other news, sales of eye bleach have reached historic highs ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, body shaming is a terrible thing until the left decides to use it on political opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not a polite way to criticize political opponents but it is done by both sides. Infamous Obama Dan Lacey paintings from the right court were far more explicit and controversial than this.

The art work on Hillary looked a bit different.

Hillary Clinton bikini mural covered with niqab after public decency complaints

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...ncy-complaints
    I think Hillary looks really good in that USA bathing suit.

It really highlights her patriotism.

And as far as I can tell, it complies with the US Flag Code. (The blue is correctly on top)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Who thinks of this stuff anyway? Heh.
    The same people who think that parading around in public with dildos in their hands to protest guns is a good idea, maybe?