Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Visits In-n-Out burger

Ron Paul Visits In-n-Out burger

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Taking a break from the campaign trail at In-n-Out burger in Las Vegas
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 03-17-2014 at 06:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Dr. Paul doesn't bother with their nasty fries and opts for a milkshake instead.

I was rushing back to the airport from the campaign's dinner event last night, and I didn't even get to eat my entree. The taxi driver drove past this In-N-Out, and I was thinking about asking him to stop, but I had a flight to catch.

if I was Ron I would be super paranoid and not eat pretty much anywhere. but whatever he is doing is evidently fine.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    if I was Ron I would be super paranoid and not eat pretty much anywhere. but whatever he is doing is evidently fine.
    Of course part of his message is that we shouldn't have to live our life in fear.

Oh YEAH! I went out to California to work a conference selling DVD's, and I got the chance to eat at an In-n-Out. Their burgers are very nice. (I even have a T-Shirt from them, LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Of course part of his message is that we shouldn't have to live our life in fear.
    part of it is also probably because his approach is to change ideas. once he succeeded spreading his message, stopping one man doesn't stop his proposals.

He better use the bathroom before the debate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Dr. Paul doesn't bother with their nasty fries and opts for a milkshake instead.
    Thank you for pointing out the PINK ELEPHANT in the room. What is with those "fries?" They are tasteless and mushy. Never even slightly crispy. It's almost weirder than Herman Cain polling in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Taking a break from the campaign trail at In-n-Out burger in Las Vegas
    He looks like the manager! If he just put one of the white paper hats on!

The fries at In 'n Out Burger are DA BOMB!
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

My (only) favorite presidential candidate at one of my favorite burger places. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What is with those "fries?" They are tasteless and mushy. Never even slightly crispy.
    I always order them extra crispy. They're awesome that way.

I normally don't like In N Out fries but I once went a half an hour before they closed and their fries were SO GOOD, I think it is the method and rush fryings that most people get that gives that bad quality french fries.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for pointing out the PINK ELEPHANT in the room. What is with those "fries?" They are tasteless and mushy. Never even slightly crispy. It's almost weirder than Herman Cain polling in first place.
    Watch out, Dannno will be in here soon no doubt to excuse away how their fries are actually good if you get them all covered in crap.

Quote Originally Posted by fearthereaperx View Post
    Five guys > In n out
    Now this man ^ speaks truth.

As someone who grew up in Tennessee and at one point lived in California, specifically the SFV, for 3 years, I do NOT get In N' Out burger. Everyone raves like its this great restaurant but the sandwiches taste just like Wendy's. It's low end fast food at best.

Locally in Nashville we have great local joints like Fat Mo's (actually run by a Kurdish family I'm friends with). I remember when Sonics first were built out in like San Bernadino or something that everyone was freaking. There is a serious shortage of quality burgerism out there or something. hahah
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Try ordering the fries "well done"

I personally don't mind their fries that aren't drained of some of their water and cooked right. It's god damn potatoes fried in oil. Ya, there are better ways to do it, but fried potatoes are still fried potatoes.

I dunno, I'm a big potato fan. Been eating almost nothing but potatoes, veggies and some dairy for a few months and am finally losing the weight I gained from eating pork ribs a couple times back in the beginning of the year. I gained almost 10 lbs and couldn't get it off for the life of me, it's finally coming off with my potato diet and now I'm starting to workout more cause I gots some motivation. Potatoes are awesome.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-18-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    As someone who grew up in Tennessee and at one point lived in California, specifically the SFV, for 3 years, I do NOT get In N' Out burger. Everyone raves like its this great restaurant but the sandwiches taste just like Wendy's. It's low end fast food at best.

Locally in Nashville we have great local joints like Fat Mo's (actually run by a Kurdish family I'm friends with). I remember when Sonics first were built out in like San Bernadino or something that everyone was freaking. There is a serious shortage of quality burgerism out there or something. hahah
    In n Out has a certain taste and smell that no other burger joint (in my opinion) can replicate. To say they are a low end fast food joint at best is definitely incorrect as they pride themselves in serving beef that has never been frozen, fries that were fresh cut from potatoes and fresh produce. The only thing that I question is the soda and the oil they fry their fries in.

Ron Paul Grassroots Central, where we debate the IMPORTANT issues! JK

On the subject of fries, if they are usually mushy when you get them, I would ask for them extra crispy. There is a local place where I live, and everytime we go there, we ask for the fries extra crispy and they are quite good. Ok, now i'm hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post

That's bologna.. In n' Out uses very fresh ingredients, Wendy's is not even comparable. In n' out burgers aren't thick, but if you get a double double or better yet, a triple triple, you can essentially get a restaurant style thick burger with all the great flavor and freshness of in n out.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The only thing that I question is the soda and the oil they fry their fries in.
    Well they don't use hydrogenated vegetable oil, but it would be awesome if they switched to coconut oil.

It amazes me how many "likes" and comments are immediately posted once Ron Paul posts a photo or inspirational/important message! I looked at it within 1 minute of it being uploaded and there were already 288 likes if I remember correctly!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well they don't use hydrogenated vegetable oil, but it would be awesome if they switched to coconut oil.
    Naw, they should switch to peanut oil like 5guys uses.

Haha with that color scheme it looks like he's the manager!
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Naw, they should switch to peanut oil like 5guys uses.
    Doesn't peanut oil have too much omega 6 and not enough 3?

Or are you just concerned about taste?

That's bologna.. In n' Out uses very fresh ingredients, Wendy's is not even comparable. In n' out burgers aren't thick, but if you get a double double or better yet, a triple triple, you can essentially get a restaurant style thick burger with all the great flavor and freshness of in n out.
    thank you Danno for representing the West Coast well

In N Out makes their fries on the spot, they have full potatoes, and slice them with a mechanical slicer, and cook they right before your eyes. Chain fast food joints have their fries pre-cooked, then freeze them and send them in a truck to the stores, which then do a final cook on them.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Doesn't peanut oil have too much omega 6 and not enough 3?
    Or are you just concerned about taste?
    I'm concerned about how the default in and out fries suck ass and 5guys fries rock. Peanut oil has a really high smoke point (440F), which probably has something to do with it. Much higher than coconut oil as well. But, i'm sure melissa can clear it up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    thank you Danno for representing the West Coast well

In N Out makes their fries on the spot, they have full potatoes, and slice them with a mechanical slicer, and cook they right before your eyes. Chain fast food joints have their fries pre-cooked, then freeze them and send them in a truck to the stores, which then do a final cook on them.
    Ya, I have no problem with their fries. The fries people are used to, though, I think are purposely cooked once, then frozen, then cooked again.. cause you cook them once lightly and they lose some moisture, then you freeze them, then you fry them while frozen and you can really burn the $#@! out of the outside layer while the inside is still warming up.

I like in n out fries because it tastes more like I'm eating a potato and less like I'm eating some manufactured snackfood. I think they are more like eating a thin-cut version of a thick-cut french fry, without quite as tasty of an outer crust.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast