Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Lauer Out at NBC. Guess why?

I have no knowledge of this guy. I'm sure I've seen him on TV a time or two (I don't watch much). What I do see over the last year or so is a mass hysteria developing regarding anything sexual. It's getting downright SCARY!! You can't touch anyone now without fear of being accused of "inappropriate" behavior...

Of course the definition of what is inappropriate changes from one day to the next. In the car today we heard Jingle Bells and the part about mistletoe... The old folks here remember mistletoe (I know the younger set won't get it). It was a Christmas tradition to hang some mistletoe somewhere where people have to walk through and the "custom" was you get to kiss anyone who walks under it. When a cute girl would walk under it we jumped up and gave them a kiss. No, we did not "ask permission". Today that's 20 years hard time!! In my day if you reached over an put your hands where a girl didn't like you got a swift slap in the face. Today your family is ruined and you go to jail...

It's foulking crazy I tell you. I'm certainly not suggesting that rape should be tolerated nor even unwanted touches or kisses but the correct way of dealing with "mashers" is to bat them away and tell them in no uncertain terms that they are not to touch you and if they do your big brother (or uncle or father) is going to take care of them.

I swear our 23 year old son is in for a rough ride on this planet in this insane environment. I really don't recognize this planet. I guess it's about time I move on to the next phase because this one is nuts!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel like its a natural reaction to making everything about sex, but motivated by personal vendettas, maybe actual cases, simple opportunity, and general paranoia.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I feel like its a natural reaction to making everything about sex, but motivated by personal vendettas, maybe actual cases, simple opportunity, and general paranoia.
    It is an unnatural feminist plot, first they "liberate" women so they can throw sex around in public (not all of which was bad, things were a bit too prudish) and now they weaponize sex to destroy men.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I think the victorian HR policies created by frigid people are, at least partially, to blame. The most sexually repressed nation on this planet? USA!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I think the victorian HR policies created by frigid people are, at least partially, to blame. The most sexually repressed nation on this planet? USA!
    Hootie Removal?

New South Park came out tonight all about this, Super Hard PCness

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episode...er-hard-pcness
    Last edited by dannno; 11-30-2017 at 02:25 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

These complaints go far beyond a small HR policy. Lauer supposedly had a button under his desk so he could lock the door of his office. He was caught on camera saying really inappropriate things to coworkers. He exposed himself. If half of what is said is true, there shoukd probably be more people fired than Lauer because he seemed to enjoy a peculiar protection from execs at NBC
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I'm sure a lot of these guys are borderline rapists,but then you have women that say $#@! like you like my high heels, I call them my $#@! me heels. Then a week later will act offended if you make an sexual joke. So, yeah, some men are a bit rapey, and a lot of women like to talk slutty one day, and then the next pretend to be the virgin Mary.

Humans are $#@!ed in the head as a general rule.

However, this really isn't a left versus right thing. It's more of a male cleansing and a microscopic evaluation of everything male, while ignoring female contribution to the situation. As in I could go to hollywood right now if I were a wealthy man, and if I financed a movie, there would be no end of willing ladies looking for a break into a movie. Obviously Weinstein got women by trading influence for roles (for decades) or else he'd have given up years ago trying to $#@! actresses using that tactic. So, a portion of the "ladies" are perfectly willing to be whores to get what they want, but somehow a whore is always a victim, which makes no sense at all. You sleep with your boss to gain an advantage over your peers, what does that say about the woman. Zero discussion.... crickets, always the victim.... Next...

Anyway, I don't really think men and women are designed to work together.

If people can't keep themselves together enough that they have to install an automatic door lock, and rape women at work, then they darn sure don't need to be interviewing Bill O'Reilly about sexual harrassment or making $25million a year. Behave like a gentleman and we're good. Lauer was not fired for microaggressions.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-30-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

fart rape???

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is an unnatural feminist plot, first they "liberate" women so they can throw sex around in public (not all of which was bad, things were a bit too prudish) and now they weaponize sex to destroy men.

Seriously. Dude is on video doing some of this stuff. He's a creep.

NBC execs will be held to account because they have ignored a lot of complaints.

One of the stories that has gone public is that he gave a sex toy to a coworker along with a note detailing how he'd use it on her.

Note to the uneducated: Appropriate for wife, inappropriate for coworker.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-30-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I'm sure a lot of these guys are borderline rapists,but then you have women that say $#@! like you like my high heels, I call them my $#@! me heels. Then a week later will act offended if you make an sexual joke. So, yeah, some men are a bit rapey, and a lot of women like to talk slutty one day, and then the next pretend to be the virgin Mary.

Humans are $#@!ed in the head as a general rule.

However, this really isn't a left versus right thing. It's more of a male cleansing and a microscopic evaluation of everything male, while ignoring female contribution to the situation. As in I could go to hollywood right now if I were a wealthy man, and if I financed a movie, there would be no end of willing ladies looking for a break into a movie. Obviously Weinstein got women by trading influence for roles (for decades) or else he'd have given up years ago trying to $#@! actresses using that tactic. So, a portion of the "ladies" are perfectly willing to be whores to get what they want, but somehow a whore is always a victim, which makes no sense at all. You sleep with your boss to gain an advantage over your peers, what does that say about the woman. Zero discussion.... crickets, always the victim.... Next...

Anyway, I don't really think men and women are designed to work together.
    Valid points, but it is a left vs. right thing. Would the right go after men? The left constantly uses the divide and conquer technique. Agitate and sow discontent, and they will (falsely) promise a solution.

The goal is clear. Hillary 2020. Michelle 2020. Kamala 2020. Pocahontas 2020. Take your pick.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

NBC execs will be held to account because they have ignored a lot of complaints.

One of the stories that has gone public is that he gave a sex toy to a coworker along with a note detailing how he'd use it on her.

He certainly is a creep, and the details are making that clear.

Old school was "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me".

Generation Snowflake is far too concerned with mere words.

Rape, grabbing, groping, restraining, sex via threats, locking in office and pulling out his Johnson, those are real things, not just words.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

if you are calling Lauer innocent, or railroaded, you are most likely a misogynist.

sure, he may be getting railroaded, but the smart play is to shut the $#@! up and wait for things to play out.

Where's the rape culture now, b1tchez? Bring it on, progressive sociopaths!

And if you disagree with me, you're a racist rapist...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I doubt anyone here is defending Lauer, but the general hysteria that is going on is ridiculous and destructive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    TRIGGER WARNING: Old dead white Anglo cis-male alert ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-30-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    if you are calling Lauer innocent, or railroaded, you are most likely a misogynist.

sure, he may be getting railroaded, but the smart play is to shut the $#@! up and wait for things to play out.
    Well, his confession kind of eliminates any reasonable doubt.

I have no doubt the police will go over every millimeter of his office and the evidence will be there for more than violation of company policy.

You guys should really have some concerns here. Lauer was so powerful nobody did squat about him, thought the complaints have been coming in for years. He was so powerful he ran off most of the men around him. Think about that.
    #NashvilleStrong

I have no doubt the police will go over every millimeter of his office and the evidence will be there for more than violation of company policy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, his confession kind of eliminates any reasonable doubt.
    Yeah but "confession" to what? Telling some lady he wants to see her bend over? Sending someone a dildo as a present and saying what he wants to do with it?? All of these things are "freedom of speech". It may be crude and unwanted but hey, offensive speech is protected speech.

Hate to pull the "when I was young" bullsheit but hey, when I was young if you grabbed a girls ass she would slap you across the face and tell you to get lost (well, unless she likes you). If you did it again she might get some man in her life to give you a "talking" to. If you really kept it up and tried to lay hands on her then either the shotgun gets involved or the police (or both).

So all the femi-nazis are getting their panties in a wad because guys are sexual creatures and want to foulk a lot at the exact same time in history where "sex robots" are coming into existence. I wonder what's going to happen when the price of the robots falls and the "crime" of coming on to a woman brings 20-life?? Gee, I wonder... Of course then the femi-nazis will try to ban the robots because no guys are interested in them.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Yeah but "confession" to what? Telling some lady he wants to see her bend over? Sending someone a dildo as a present and saying what he wants to do with it?? All of these things are "freedom of speech". It may be crude and unwanted but hey, offensive speech is protected speech.

Hate to pull the "when I was young" bullsheit but hey, when I was young if you grabbed a girls ass she would slap you across the face and tell you to get lost (well, unless she likes you). If you did it again she might get some man in her life to give you a "talking" to. If you really kept it up and tried to lay hands on her then either the shotgun gets involved or the police (or both).

So all the femi-nazis are getting their panties in a wad because guys are sexual creatures and want to foulk a lot at the exact same time in history where "sex robots" are coming into existence. I wonder what's going to happen when the price of the robots falls and the "crime" of coming on to a woman brings 20-life?? Gee, I wonder... Of course then the femi-nazis will try to ban the robots because no guys are interested in them.
    While I mostly agree with you I have to point out that he confessed to behavior detrimental to his employer and was fired for it.

Did his employer already know and tolerate the behavior? Yes

Does that make the employer a hypocrite? Yes

Do those yeses mean he is being railroaded? No

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post

He did not deny that he intimated a woman into sex in his office and she actually passed out for some unknown reason, and medical help was necessary (after he finished and zipped up). He also did not deny pulling out his willy and telling another employee she better have at it.

Matt Lauer is not some scrawny pimply high schooler showing off for his buddies. He was the highest paid man in television news. He got away with crappy behavior on air. He treated his cohosts with contempt. He was given a pass by NBC. He used his power to coerce and abuse women in the workplace. He not only deserves to be fired, but he ought to be sued for damages. And I think if the police find evidence, he should go to prison. He violated corporate policy, and he violated the law. I think other heads will roll at NBC before this is all done.
    #NashvilleStrong

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's Meredith, not Katie.

Honestly I've had guys joke with me saying similar things but it didn't send off the creeper vibe. I just sass back with something alleging they have a small penis. "Is that half a roll of Certs in your pocket, or....."

I watched this about 10 times trying to determine if and why this is different, and I think it's because there's no smile at the end. It's weird.
    I'm a guy, so I possibly have a different vantage point on some sexual matters, but I agree with you. Lauer's interaction is clinical and cold, but of course, there could be missing context that may make it seem less strange.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I have a bit of an experience with this. A female co-worker was describing, on the clock, a sexual encounter with an acquaintance of another co-worker who allegedly had an 11 inch penis. She went into pretty vivid detail, including how much of this guy's member she fit in her hands, mouth, and vagina, and the aftermath of the intercourse.

A week or so later, the wife of a regular customer came into the store to purchase prenatal vitamins. I made a comment about how her breasts were already fantastic, and that pregnancy did nothing but make them better (as close to exact as I can remember, this was 10+ years ago) to penis girl and the other co-worker from the previous week.

Guess who got a call from the district manager, questioning an employee about a sexual harassment allegation?
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 12-01-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    NBC is operating almost in the black now they that they don't have to pay Matt $25 million.
    NBC will NOT give Matt Lauer a $30M payday: Network refuses to pay disgraced anchor past the date of his firing while launching internal investigation into his 'appalling behavior'

A report claiming that Matt Lauer was seeking a $30million payday drew a strong response from executives at NBC on Friday.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to DailyMail.com that Lauer would not be receiving any payday or salary beyond his last day of work at the network.

That was first reported by CNN, who noted that Lauer's morals clause likely allows NBC to withhold his salary.

It was also noted that Lauer could choose to sue the network in an attempt to receive additional pay, but they will not agree to hand over any money to the disgraced anchor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz503bEoKoC
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If he got fired from a real job, they would have escorted him off the property and he would not have even been able to file for unemployment. He would have gotten pay to that point and unused vacation, but he would not be due his salary or insurance past the date of termination.
    #NashvilleStrong

These things, as bad as they are, are a simple diversion from the pedophiles that have been lurking about in government and hollyweird for years. The pedophiles are far worse, IMHO, because innocent children have been tormented and traumatized by these vicious and vile predators.

NBC is happy that Matt is out so they do not have to pay him the exorbitant salary. This is a win/win for NBC--they are hoping by making a big deal out of Lauer, they will gain the people's trust because lots of people were boycotting them for their biased reporting. It is really all a diversion.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast