Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl catches deadly infection trying on shoes while barefoot

Exclamation Girl catches deadly infection trying on shoes while barefoot

Girl catches deadly infection trying on shoes while barefoot

https://nypost.com/2018/09/02/girl-c...hile-barefoot/

By The Sun

September 2, 2018 | 4:02pm | Updated

Originally Published By:

What is sepsis, how do you get it and what are the symptoms and signs of the infection?
    What does a sepsis rash look like and can mottled skin be a sign of septicaemia?
    Teacher’s body shuts down after catching deadly superbug and sepsis while in hospital

A 4-year-old UK girl was left fighting for her life after developing deadly sepsis from trying on new shoes.

Sienna Rasul became seriously ill the day after trying on shoes in her bare feet.

Little Sienna was later diagnosed with sepsis, which doctors believe she may have picked up from bacteria in the shoes.

The deadly condition can be passed on if bacteria enter the body through an open wound.

Doctors think it’s likely Sienna had a cut, graze or bite on her foot that allowed the bacteria to enter her body.

Sienna spent five days on a drip in the hospital with her mom, Jodie Thomas, 26, by her side.

Hotel worker Thomas said: “I was really shocked when the doctors said it was from trying on new shoes.

“I’ve been worried sick, they’ve had to drain all the poison from her leg.

“Normally she would have socks on but it’s summertime so she was wearing sandals.

“The shoes she liked had been tried on by other little girls and that’s how Sienna picked up the infection.”

Mom of three Thomas took Sienna to the doctor when she started crying in agony the day after the shopping trip.

The doctor spotted the infection and used a pen to draw a line around where it had spread.

Thomas, of Aberfan, South Wales, said: “By the next day it had spread up her leg and her temperature was raging.

“I drove her straight into hospital, she was shaking and twitching — it was horrible to see my little girl like that.

“They said it was sepsis and thought they would have to operate.

“But the doctors have managed to drain all the pus from her leg and say the antibiotic drip will do the job.”

Sienna has now been allowed home from the children’s ward at Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, but she is still being monitored.

Thomas is urging parents to make sure their children have socks on when they try on shoes.

“I knew you risk getting things like athlete’s foot from trying on shoes but blood poisoning is far more serious,” she said.

“You don’t know whose feet have been in the shoes before you.

“Sienna has been really ill, the infection was moving up her leg and spreading to the rest of her body.

“I’m so glad I got her to the hospital quickly.

“With mums and dads doing back-to-school shopping, I would advise them to take a spare pair of socks with them.”

Dr. Ron Daniels, chief executive of the UK Sepsis Trust, said: “This frightening case shows us that sepsis strikes indiscriminately and can affect anyone at any time.”

Daniels said it was likely Sienna already had a “breach” in her skin, either a graze or a bite.

“Whenever there are signs of infection, it’s crucial that members of the public seek medical attention urgently and just ask: ‘Could it be sepsis?’” he added.

“Better awareness could save thousands of lives every year.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So why the $#@! am I subjected to this nappy nasty nonsense...

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 02-23-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So why the $#@! am I subjected to this nappy nasty nonsense...

Ya , I wear some thick marino wool socks hoping it will prevent me getting some fungus from the unwashed masses . Shudder.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ya , I wear some thick marino wool socks hoping it will prevent me getting some fungus from the unwashed masses . Shudder.
    I keep Lysol wipes in my bag, to wipe out the inside of shoes before putting them back on at that TSA nastiness.

The TSA actually takes great care to keep the floor clean, so there is nothing to worry about.

Your safety is their highest concern.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

My grandpa owned a shoe store and he always had clean socks for his customers to wear when trying on shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    My grandpa owned a shoe store and he always had clean socks for his customers to wear when trying on shoes.
    My parents always taught me to bring a clean pair. I still do to this day.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Better awareness could save thousands of lives every year.”
    It's a shame that thousands of people have to die each year just because they don't wear clean socks when trying on shoes.

Maybe there is something my congressman can do about it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's a shame that thousands of people have to die each year just because they don't wear clean socks when trying on shoes.

Maybe there is something my congressman can do about it.
    Yeah, there ought to be a law.

This is one example why diseases that have been eradicated are coming back with a vengeance. Lots of slobs out there that don't shower or clean themselves daily,

Sanitation, clean water and hygiene are very important.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I didn't know you could even get infection that way.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Weird. Not sure if they are promoting being afraid of trying on shoes or being barefoot? Maybe they are promoting not trying on any clothing, thus, ordering everything from online from Amazon without even trying it on. Be afraid of the diseases that other people carry and you need Govt to protect you by forcing you to buy from only Amazon, even if their "brand new" items have been used before?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Weird. Not sure if they are promoting being afraid of trying on shoes or being barefoot? Maybe they are promoting not trying on any clothing, thus, ordering everything from online from Amazon without even trying it on. Be afraid of the diseases that other people carry and you need Govt to protect you by forcing you to buy from only Amazon, even if their "brand new" items have been used before?
    How the $#@! do they know that she even got infected from a specific shoe? Was there a concerted effort by the CDC and law enforcement to track down the individual shoe that caused it. Fear mongering. Nothing more.

doctors believe
    Bullchit.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How the $#@! do they know that she even got infected from a specific shoe? Was there a concerted effort by the CDC and law enforcement to track down the individual shoe that caused it. Fear mongering. Nothing more.

Bullchit.
    It is the reason I avoid Hospitals.. Quack Doctors and infectious Diseases.

You are more likely to contract sepsis,, and any number of others in the confines of a Hospital,, than from a shoe.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is one example why diseases that have been eradicated are coming back with a vengeance. Lots of slobs out there that don't shower or clean themselves daily,

Sanitation, clean water and hygiene are very important.
    Are you trying to tell a certain someone something?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My parents always taught me to bring a clean pair. I still do to this day.
    And most stores have the little disposable socks.

I have run barefoot everywhere since childhood,, and still do..

God bless an immune system.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And most stores have the little disposable socks.

I have run barefoot everywhere since childhood,, and still do..

God bless an immune system.
    Well, I've got hundred of these $#@!ers on my feet. Just started on my hands.

The V.A. just tried burning them out and after the third treatment I said "$#@! this." I don't think it is plantar warts. So, through the V.A. Choice program I got into a local dermatologist. First thing he said was "I don't think this is viral. Before we do anything we are gonna do a biopsy." Which is what I asked the Pakistani, Green Card, V.A. hospital Doc at the beginning. So, there's hope.

But, no. I always take a fresh pair of socks when trying on shoes. It's what my parents taught me. It makes sense.

But, no. I always take a fresh pair of socks when trying on shoes. It's what my parents taught me. It makes sense.
    Makes good sense.

The Army tested something on us, on a trail through the mountains of Hawaii.. They were waiting for us on the other side like they were expecting something.. They had medics..

We took off our boots and everybody had foot rot... Some very bad (lost toes)

Once recovered from that,, nothing has attacked my feet..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Makes good sense.

The Army tested something on us, on a trail through the mountains of Hawaii.. They were waiting for us on the other side like they were expecting something.. They had medics..

We took off our boots and everybody had foot rot... Some very bad (lost toes)

Once recovered from that,, nothing has attacked my feet..
    WTF? Wow. Sounds like they experimented in creating a problem to determine affect. Not something new. Glad you came out the other side with all digits.

WTF? Wow. Sounds like they experimented in creating a problem to determine affect. Not something new. Glad you came out the other side with all digits.
    Testing weaponized jungle rot. It would have immobilized everyone in a week.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Pretty clever.

Can't do much marching if you can't march. Would have thought they would have all the analysis they needed since WWI and trench foot. I wash and change my socks twice a day and still have my affliction. Doc said as he left, "well this is the case of the day." Lol. He's understating it. Because it does not affect him. Guess we'll see when the biopsy comes back.

Do soldiers walk barefoot though?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bullchit.
    ^^^ Thread Winner ^^^^

And of course, they never tell you how sick you can get in a hospital! So how DID they know it was that one shoe that gave it to her and she didnt get it in the hospital itself, or elsewhere?

Normalcy vs Exception Bias to manipulate perceptions.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    And of course, they never tell you how sick you can get in a hospital!
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-04-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The TSA actually takes great care to keep the floor clean, so there is nothing to worry about.

Your safety is their highest concern.
    Airport security trays carry more viruses than toilet surfaces, scientists find

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cientists-find
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I wonder how bacteria laden those FLOORS are at the Airport Security Checklines are? The one place it probably is highly dangerous to remove your shoes and it is probably more dangerous than anywhere else on the planet to remove your shoes. But but but shoe bombers! All shoes are evil, except Govt Approved Shoes!

FEARMONGERING.
    1776 > 1984

Many many years ago, while in the air force, my dad, accidentally dunked his foot in AV gas.. never had another fungus problem on that foot.. over 60 years. I know.. off topic a bit.. this thread made me think of that.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast