Thread: Sen. Rand Paul holds town hall at Valley High School

Cool Sen. Rand Paul holds town hall at Valley High School

Aside from the mic issue with some of the students, this is a good one and somewhat inspirational towards the end. Younger crowd stump speech followed by questions. 36 minutes video at link.

http://www.wlky.com/news/rand-paul-to-visit-valley-station-in-bid-to-keep-seat/38502560

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —U.S. Sen. Rand Paul visited Valley High School Monday morning for a town hall meeting.

The senator spoke to a crowd of mostly high school students and took questions from the audience.
    Paul spoke of his work on criminal justice reform, among other topics.
    Paul also said he'd like to lower taxes in areas of higher poverty to attract businesses in an effort to combat poverty.
    "Government should be small, freedoms should be large," Paul said.
    The event is the latest in a series of town hall meetings held around the state by the GOP senator.
    Paul is seeking re-election to the Senate after dropping out of the Republican presidential contest.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    Aside from the mic issue with some of the students, this is a good one and somewhat inspirational towards the end. Younger crowd stump speech followed by questions. 36 minutes video at link.

http://www.wlky.com/news/rand-paul-to-visit-valley-station-in-bid-to-keep-seat/38502560
    That's actually just a clip of some news coverage, but you can find the entire 36 minute video at this link:

http://www.wlky.com/news/complete-vi...-high/38506816

Talked a lot about criminal justice reform to the students and I thought it was pretty good.
    Last edited by jct74; 03-19-2016 at 04:06 PM.

This was a great watch, Rand will patiently explain any issue through his lens. Very knowledgable.

man I love watching him speak.. its just soothing to hear such principled, reasonable, and logical explanations..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear