Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cult Of Transgender

The Cult Of Transgender

Man, the progs are $#@!ing kids up in the worst way. It's child abuse.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...f-transgender/

As a parent living the nightmare of having a teen who suddenly announces she’s transgender, I can tell you there are NO doctors who will do anything but agree. There is NO science behind this. There is NO way to medically “diagnose” her. Her therapist knows that she is not transgender but fears there’s no way we can stop her. Three of her closest friends have already had full transition, paid for by their parents, so it is difficult for her to understand why we won’t do the same. It is no different than having your child captured by a cult, only this time the cult is a societal bandwagon which wants to do permanent physical harm to her perfectly healthy female body, all in the name of “love”. As one of Rod’s sisters in the ancient faith, I ask for your prayers.
    You might recall earlier this summer I posted this piece that included an excerpt of a conversation I had in Baltimore earlier in the year:
    She said, “I know people accuse you of being alarmist all the time, but let me tell you that they aren’t raising teenagers in this culture.”

The woman told me that at her kids’ high school, a shocking number of students are going to their parents asking to be put on hormones and asking for surgery, because they are transgender. This is the cool thing, and the school is falling all over itself to be supportive, and to encourage an “ally” culture.

“What about the parents?” I said.

“They’re going along with it,” she replied.

“Why on earth?!” I said.

“Because they don’t want to lose their kids. Because everything in the culture tells them they should. Because they think that’s how they love their child. And these parents usually become the fiercest LGBT advocates.”

She told me that the high school kids are now sorting themselves by where they are on the gender spectrum. She added that her brother is a liberal Democrat, an atheist, and a biologist. He tells her that he’s extremely worried about this trans thing. The science simply isn’t there to justify these radical interventions, but scientists are terrified to speak out because of the general atmosphere in academia around these issues now.
    Earlier this year, I contacted a scientist about a strictly scientific question related to biology and homosexuality, but he refused to comment. I found that strange, because my question wasn’t ideologically loaded at all. It was just scientific, and his answer presumably would have been too. He said that in academia, there is among professors now such fear of the mob that many of them figure it’s safer to keep one’s mouth shut rather than say something that one of these young Jacobins will take as offensive, no matter how absurd that reading is, and then set about ginning up the mob to destroy the scholar’s professional life.

If this isn’t McCarthyism, what is? It doesn’t become any less McCarthyist because it’s done by the cultural left.

God help the poor parents living this nightmare with their children, because the kind of professionals — doctors and others — who ought to be there reining in this insanity appear to have been totally compromised.

It cannot be the case that there are so many truly transgendered young people in the country. To call something with such severe physiological consequences a “fad” is too trite, but the transgender thing seems to be a faddish way for teenagers struggling to figure out how to relate to the world sexually to resolve the normal stresses of the maturation process. My belief is that there are and always have been teenagers who question their sexuality, and maybe even their gender identity, but most of them resolve these questions conventionally. We know for sure that this is the case with transgenders. A 2008 medical study found that most gender dysphoric youths had resolved their dysphoria by adulthood, without transitioning. Most of that group turned out to be gay or bisexual. Had they been put on high doses of hormones or even had surgery, they would have done potentially or actually irreversible damage to their bodies.

But today we live in a cultural climate in which to have ordinary questions about one’s sexuality is to be drawn into a powerful cultural movement that is celebrated by the media, and that demonizes anyone who challenges its radical claims. They have torn down the cultural and psychological barriers that in the past would have guided young people through the often difficult psychosexual terrain of adolescence and early adulthood. Now there is no road map. To be lost is to find yourself, they say.
    [...]
    It is so prevalent, so ubiquitous, that the schools have just given in. The counselors and psychologists have been instructed not to question the veracity of the claim that the individual is other than what they identify themselves as. The counselors are told that they must comfort and “support” the person going through this and be nurturing. If a kid has a sexual confidence problem, they are probably gender ***** according to many counselors or psychologists. I learned that there is a whole network out there actively promoting transitioning and gender fluidity and that many of the psychologists have bought into it so much that they are skipping protocol and advocating for hormone therapy after only 2-3 visits. There are networks out there for these kids to get hormones without a prescription and that these networks are referred to these kids by then psychologists themselves.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nsgender-cult/
    A reader comments on the “Cult Of Transgender” thread:

To those who are skeptical of the authenticity of the published letter and this situation in general, let me assure you that it is real and true. When it comes to teens, transgender is the new anorexia — a life-threatening trend/fad which is endangering vulnerable kids.

I do not have US figures, but in the UK there has been a 930% increase in referrals for children who believe they are transgender — and this increase was seen in only one year. http://www.transgendertrend.com/uk-n...ity-referrals/
    [...]
    Yes, do visit 4thwavenow.com. It’s like reading samizdat for the sane and ideologically uncowed. There, I found this link to a recent New York magazine piece by Jesse Singal, who writes about overwhelming number of gender dysphoric kids — 80 percent — who eventually resolve their disharmony by identifying with their birth sex. This is called “desistance.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I'm sure this will sound crazy to some here, but I believe there's a huge spiritual war going on and the enemy has been targeting children. The whole transgender thing is very anti-God, and I don't think it will stop there, it's going to keep going... the next thing is transhumanism. (which is already happening.)

I've said it before but I'll say it again... I think it all goes back to the oldest lie ever told. The lie that we can be "gods" apart from the actual God.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Nearly everyone can look back in their past at fads and laugh or be embarrassed. "You actually wore that?!" "You did that to your hair on purpose?"

There are going to be a lot of embarrassed kids 10-20 years from now after this fad is over.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

There wasn't much societal pressure or lobbying concern$ over my classic MN hockey mullet.
    Nor were any talking to me when I was three years of age, about my choice of growing into the hockey mullet later.
    Maybe there were groups of men that were hoping for, and immediately ready to sponsor my mullet lifestyle choice to take advantage of my mullet fad when I turned "legal" -but I didn't know about them.

I'm hoping for just embarrassment for these kids, but I'm not aware of any sort of "rights businesses" that have quietly gone away. I'm thinking a good number of the grown kids will eventually off themselves either quickly or slowly, and the other great portion will double down on stupid to promote and protect their own, and their parents own, investment in vanity and avoiding uncomfortable parenting moments -like telling your kids NO.

I'm thinking that the kids have pretty much no base, to even return to.

Controlling people 101: Destroy another's self worth, and then rebuild it focusing on your goals. But it's all about the kids, and "rights".

"You are an evolved animal... but you're so much more than that, because you are special and it feels that way, you feel it don't you, feel the special?"
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nearly everyone can look back in their past at fads and laugh or be embarrassed. "You actually wore that?!" "You did that to your hair on purpose?"

There are going to be a lot of embarrassed kids 10-20 years from now after this fad is over.
    Only problem is it's a lot easier to cut off your bad hairstyle than it is to put back on a certain part you cut off.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Nobody has really talked about the long-term effect of those hormones, either. I'm post menopausal, and my doctor is very careful because of the health risks.

It may be that 20-30 years from now we will see some rare and deadly cancers showing up in kids who were put on hormones to promote transgenderism. Doctors and parents will have a lot to answer for. Been a teenager is bad enough in a healthy environment. With systemic enabling, no wonder kids think being someone different will change everything.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I think this has been around for a long time; it's just mostly been suppressed. Now with the internet, such people can first discover that they're not alone, and next they can support each other. I think when this happens with any suppressed group when they finally start to be able to be open in public without immediately being beaten or killed; they can go a little overkill promoting themselves or what they're about.

Second, I think this has to be thoroughly discussed with individuals to really discern they're completely transgender or whether they just lack a rigid sense of gender identity. It might be the latter group that gets depressed or even suicidal after going through the complete transition. Some of these people might have been fine crossdressing or something at some LGBT club on the weekends if they feel this is a side of themselves they have to let out, and then going back their regular boring office selves on Monday morning for the work week. Yes, this seems incredibly weird to many people, but it's possible some people might be satisfied doing this role playing rather than going under the knife making that other role permanent and never being able to go back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Only problem is it's a lot easier to cut off your bad hairstyle than it is to put back on a certain part you cut off.
    Cutting something off a young, not fully matured person should be medical malpractice.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Cutting something off a young, not fully matured person should be medical malpractice.
    WTF happened to the Hippocratic Oath? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    I'm thinking that the kids have pretty much no base, to even return to.

Controlling people 101: Destroy another's self worth, and then rebuild it focusing on your goals. But it's all about the kids, and "rights".
    Yes, and that is exactly what they are doing to the country as a whole. But, that is something many here don't see.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Just wait until healthcare here in the states is finally free, and your kids don't have to ask you for money to get their transgender surgery

My mom says the more you talk about that kind of stuff with kids, the more interested in it they become. She says kids generally follow their parents lead in such matters. Her thing was, if you want to discourage behavior, don't give it attention, and she thinks a lot of this is attention seeking behavior. I remember when my brother got his ear pierced, she pretended not to notice it for months. One day my dad (who really didn't notice it, lol) said, what the $#@!'s in your ear? and gave him that Clint Eastwood look of disgust when he realized his son had an earring. Nothing else was mentioned, there was no drama and the earring phase ended by the end of the year.

I didn't know anyone who questioned their gender identity growing up but I did know a gay boy. We knew he was gay back then and he didn't tell anyone, we just knew. He "came out" to my parents back in the 1990's (he was very close to us growing up and considers them second parents - even took them to the doctor for me a few times before they moved in with us) and was shocked when my mom just said, "I know", and that was it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My mom says the more you talk about that kind of stuff with kids, the more interested in it they become. She says kids generally follow their parents lead in such matters. Her thing was, if you want to discourage behavior, don't give it attention, and she thinks a lot of this is attention seeking behavior. I remember when my brother got his ear pierced, she pretended not to notice it for months. One day my dad (who really didn't notice it, lol) said, what the $#@!'s in your ear? and gave him that Clint Eastwood look of disgust when he realized his son had an earring. Nothing else was mentioned, there was no drama and the earring phase ended by the end of the year.

I didn't know anyone who questioned their gender identity growing up but I did know a gay boy. We knew he was gay back then and he didn't tell anyone, we just knew. He "came out" to my parents back in the 1990's (he was very close to us growing up and considers them second parents - even took them to the doctor for me a few times before they moved in with us) and was shocked when my mom just said, "I know", and that was it.
    Which ear was it?

My older brother got one back in the 90s, in his left ear, but he doesn't have it anymore. My dad was pretty upset, and my mom (his step-mom) had to tell my dad that the left ear earring meant he was straight, and he thought my dad would be cool with it. It was funny because I was a little kid at the time and even I knew that. He's been married and has had a few kids since then.

But ya I agree a lot of these kids are doing the transgender thing because it is new and interesting and rebellious. A good dose of honesty I think would solve a lot of these kids' issues. The South Park episodes about Mr. Garrison becoming transgender are probably a pretty good primer, they focus on the whole genital mutilation issue and how many people are disappointed after the surgery - Stan got surgery to become a tall black basketball player, I think he had Mr. Garrison’s nuts installed in his knees to help make him taller or something... he looked like a tall black basketball player, but didn't function like one, he busted his knees and Mr. Garrison had to live with his surgery.. and Stan's dad became a dolphin because he identified with that, but was not happy with the outcome after his surgery either.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-13-2016 at 04:30 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Which ear was it?

My older brother got one back in the 90s, in his left ear, but he doesn't have it anymore. My dad was pretty upset, and my mom (his step-mom) had to tell my dad that the left ear earring meant he was straight, and he thought my dad would be cool with it. He's been married and has had a few kids since then.

But ya I agree a lot of these kids are doing the transgender thing because it is new and interesting and rebellious. A good dose of honesty I think would solve a lot of these kids' issues. The South Park episodes about Mr. Garrison becoming transgender are probably a pretty good primer.
    It was his left ear. I remember him telling my dad he wasn't gay because the earring was in his left ear, lol. O_o I love Mrs Garrison's fancy new vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/27/forcing...-trans-rights/

The Department of Health and Human Services recently issued rules telling doctors they can’t decline to perform gender-reassignment surgery on kids if it’s recommended by a “mental health professional.” Refusal could be a career-ender.

How crazy is the rule? Well, for starters, most trans teens identify differently later in life — yet reassignment surgery is often irreversible, and even less-radical procedures can be harmful, as HHS’ own medical experts note.

Not to mention that the Hippocratic Oath (and basic human conscience) enjoins doctors from doing procedures they believe harmful to their patients.
    How To Fight The Trans Cult
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...he-trans-cult/

2) I made a few psychologists’ lives nightmarish for essentially outing them for not following protocol on hormone therapy recommendations.It helped that I come from a family of physicians and as such I had a lot of physician family friends, including a professor of psychiatry. I was aggressive on this end. I would ask these psychologists who advocated hormone therapy if they understood any of the metabolic effects of introducing large amount of testosterone into a still developing female’s body, and if their recommendations took into consideration the long-ranging effects of this sort of thing, and if their malpractice/E&O insurance covered it. I told them if I found out that if (he) in anyway was going to help facilitate my daughter into any of this, that he would be hit with a lawsuit and possible criminal charges. It helped that another parent going through the same thing was a trial attorney.
    [...]
    I pressured all of the so-called experts, made them try to defend their positions on established fact and gave them fair warning that any parenting interference, any advocacy of drug prescription or surgery that was not backed by sound medical evidence or need would make their lives miserable.
    In subsequent correspondence, the reader told me that this trans thing is a much bigger fad than many adults realize. He mentioned family members in a particularly conservative Southern parish who told him it’s all the rage in the local public school.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares? Let people be free to live how they want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Free to sexually abuse and mutilate children?

Screw that, anyone involved with any kind of "sex reassignment" procedures on kids needs to be locked in jail for a long time.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

What it were taught in school that considering yourself as the opposite sex that you were born as is ridiculous and moronic instead of celebrating it? Would you be ok with letting them live how they want?
    "The Patriarch"

It's interesting just how quickly the trans thing emerged. The gay movement has existed formally since the 1960s and could be traced back further to the Beat Generation and perhaps even before that to the more extreme fringes of libertine culture in the 1920s. Point being, it was brewing for a long time before becoming mainstream in the last two decades or so.

The trans movement doesn't have the same kind of discernable history. They've been tacked on to the gay movement for a while now, but it doesn't have the same kind of activist networks. It's like it sprung fully formed from the ether.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

A civilization cannot handle the normalization of things like this. Decadence is a sign of civilizational decline and few things are more decadent than casting off the reality of gender in favor of subjective whims.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

transgender is the new anorexia
    ^^^ bing bing bing

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Free to sexually abuse and mutilate children?

Screw that, anyone involved with any kind of "sex reassignment" procedures on kids needs to be locked in jail for a long time.
    What age are the "children/kids" you're referring to, 9, 10?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What it were taught in school that considering yourself as the opposite sex that you were born as is ridiculous and moronic instead of celebrating it? Would you be ok with letting them live how they want?
    Rearrange your words so I can understand what you mean better.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    A civilization cannot handle the normalization of things like this. Decadence is a sign of civilizational decline and few things are more decadent than casting off the reality of gender in favor of subjective whims.
    Is that why Rome fell? lol

Rearrange your words so I can understand what you mean better.
    Read slower.
    "The Patriarch"

18 -21 is the generally accepted "age of majority".

Hormone replacement is most effective when they start before they hit puberty. How would a person know for sure whether they are transgender before they hit puberty? They might have a good inkling or a clue, but it turns out a lot of kids end up growing out of it.

The fact that this is becoming the "cool" way for kids to be different or special means that a lot of the kids who want to make these permanent changes to their lives will regret it and would have been much better off without it.

If people tend to agree that kids under age 13 or 14 can't consent to having sex because they are too young and underdeveloped to understand the ramifications, why should they agree that they should be able to consent to having their private parts chopped off?
    Last edited by dannno; 08-29-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If a person wants to cut off any limb, we'd say they're mentally ill. If a man wants to have his balls and penis chopped off, then calling it a mental illness is bigoted. Makes perfect sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast