Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg releases gun control roadmap for Biden and Harris

Thumbs down Bloomberg releases gun control roadmap for Biden and Harris

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the plan explained in video format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgFdER5joPU
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This roadmap will probably be completely within the first year of Biden's presidency.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This roadmap will probably be completely within the first year of Biden's presidency.
    One source said the first 100 days

Oh yea but get mad that Trump threw a bone to the mob by banning bumpstocks even though there are other devices that can do the same thing bumpstocks do.

Libertarians have no idea how to prioritize.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Yet more reasons for President Trump to unleash the military on these treasonous/Seditious bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Oh yea but get mad that Trump threw a bone to the mob by banning bumpstocks even though there are other devices that can do the same thing bumpstocks do.
    Never give the enemy an inch, never compromise, never violate the Constitution. Ever. Trump is a traitor for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Never give the enemy an inch, never compromise, never violate the Constitution. Ever. Trump is a traitor for that.
    lmao. enjoy your first 100 days of Biden.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed

The NRA and the 2AF have been doing that for years.

It’s really a sad state of affairs

It's nice of you to grant your permission and all, but I think I'll just go ahead and be mad at all the gun-grabbers (including the half-assed ones like Trump) - with or without your approval. And their apologists can go to hell, too.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It's nice of you to grant your permission and all, but I think I'll just go ahead and be mad at all the gun-grabbers (including the half-assed ones like Trump) - with or without your approval. And their apologists can go to hell, too.

+ REP @Matt Collins and @Occam's Banana

You forgot the NEVER Fund the Enemy part. OWS, for example.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Please do share with the class exactly which gun Trump grabbed?
    I'll even tag you @Occam's Banana so you get the notification.

Trump quietly used regulations to expand gun access
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctions-1449663

Federal agencies have implemented more than half a dozen policy changes — primarily through little-noticed regulatory moves — that expand access to guns by lifting firearms bans in certain locations and limiting the names in the national database designed to keep firearms away from dangerous people. The administration asked the Supreme Court to overturn New York City restrictions on transporting handguns outside homes. And it pushed to allow U.S. gunmakers to more easily sell firearms overseas, including the types used in mass shootings.

“This president has in a very intentional, sweeping way made it easier for people to access firearms, not more difficult,” said Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), a vice chairman of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force. “He’s systematically gone and undone all the protections that were put in place to try to limit the ability of dangerous people to access firearms.”
    THE SQUAD of RPF

He didn't. But he encouraged it ("take the guns first, due process later") and established Executive Orders as an extra-legislative means which others will surely take even further. That's why I call him a half-assed gun-grabber (he couldn't even get that $#@! right).

There are some positive things to say about Trump (I for one like that he didn't start any new wars), but a champion (or even weak-sauce defender) of the Second Amendment he ain't. People should just stop pretending that he was. They're embarrassing themselves.

The instructions are already out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

As long as we're intellectually honest with his actions along with knowing that any new precedent to abuse a power set by a predecessor is the ultimate gift that keeps giving....the "class" may be relaying that list for a good while.

With their creative wording to magically classify a bump fire stock as an illegal machine gun on it's own they made the definition of what can be construed to constitute a firearm or a firearm accessory as an illegal machine so vague and left to how a lawyer wants to to interpret and/or utilize that EO as a foundation to ban some more stuff. Of course, none of that even compares to Trump deciding there was no need for Congress to weigh in....why include our elected state representatives on things as trivial as issues pertaining to the Bill of Rights? He turned hundreds of thousands of legal and law abiding Americans into felons overnight, and added the cherry by deeming a legally bought firearm accessory illegal with no grandfather clause or financial compensation for the property he just decided to deprive people of.

If you look at the link posted by Matt if you haven't already, you'll see the title of their memo that lays out a course of actions that Biden could take to bypass Congress just like Trump did. It's called, "How the Strongest Gun Safety Administration in American History Can Address Gun Violence Through Executive Action" and while temptation to use EOs for something along these lines isn't exclusive to Trump...he is the only President to ever use an EO to attack parts of the gun industry and by virtue gun owners. So he's now supplied the anti-gun crowd with a source to cite when/if Biden does the same thing with an EO. Just remember that when that happens with something you can't easily with other options like your belt loop that you completely supported that kind of Executive BS.

Trump quietly used regulations to expand gun access
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctions-1449663

Federal agencies have implemented more than half a dozen policy changes — primarily through little-noticed regulatory moves — that expand access to guns by lifting firearms bans in certain locations
    He sure did. But that is a misleading statement as granting access to guns isn't the case. Rather, he gave gun owners access to certain federal lands for hunting. The only access to certain things relating to firearms he granted was by repealing a ban on sales to people that are neither US citizens and not within the US itself. So Joe Bob Frenchie can now buy a firearm, yet I'm a felon over a piece of plastic.

People that call Trump a supporter of the 2nd amendment and it's supporters seriously remind me of the Obama supporters who defended Obama for murdering an American citizen and his 16 year old son two weeks later as a champion for American safety. Because nothing protects individual safety like wiping your ass with their right to due process.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Anyone sitting on some rep to spread cover me on Banana. A statement like this....

.......demands some love. And all I got right now is...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Other manufactured devices (hellfire switches) were already banned. You can't ban rubber bans. So the next logical step, once Trump took advanced the ball the wrong direction to the enemies 50 yard line, is to by executive order ban any gun capable of rapidly firing 10 or more rounds. And what you are unable to grasp is the "bone" had meat on it. A lower court upheld what Trump did as constitutional and the U.S. Supreme Court refused certiori of that case despite there being a "conservative" majority. If you had more than two brain cells to rub together you would be able to see the problem. When the Harris/Biden executive orders on 80 percent lowers, for example, are challenged in court, the ruling on the Trump bumpfire stock ban will be cited. You can take that to the bank.

Well you wouldn't know since you aren't a libertarian.

^This.

lmao. enjoy your first 100 days of Biden.
    Fat lot of good Trump's "bone" to the "mob" did him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Indeed

The NRA and the 2AF have been doing that for years.

It’s really a sad state of affairs
    ^This

And ^this.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'll even tag you @Occam's Banana so you get the notification.
    LOL. I read through the Politico argument. So Trump made it easier for people overseas to buy semi automatic rifles, fugitives who don't cross state lines to buy guns, and people receiving mental disability payments to buy guns. Okay. The last one is arguably good since that could be vets with PTSD. (Could also be some 16 y/o kid with schizophrenia.) Compared that to making it a crime for ordinary law abiding citizens with no mental health issues to buy a gun accessory because "Hey! You can always use a rubber band." Next on the chopping block! Laser sights. But it's okay. You can always use a laser pointer and duct tape. And Trump opening up wilderness areas for hunting? Obama opened up federal parks to gun carrying as well as Amtrak.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Other manufactured devices (hellfire switches) were already banned. You can't ban rubber bans. So the next logical step, once Trump took advanced the ball the wrong direction to the enemies 50 yard line, is to by executive order ban any gun capable of rapidly firing 10 or more rounds. And what you are unable to grasp is the "bone" had meat on it. A lower court upheld what Trump did as constitutional and the U.S. Supreme Court refused certiori of that case despite there being a "conservative" majority. If you had more than two brain cells to rub together you would be able to see the problem. When the Harris/Biden executive orders on 80 percent lowers, for example, are challenged in court, the ruling on the Trump bumpfire stock ban will be cited. You can take that to the bank.

Well you wouldn't know since you aren't a libertarian.

^This.

Fat lot of good Trump's "bone" to the "mob" did him then.

^This

And ^this.
    The absolute, unalienable right to bear arms is our property right .

We are going to exercise the right even if we have to resort to the blackmarket .

We will not be disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    As long as we're intellectually honest with his actions along with knowing that any new precedent to abuse a power set by a predecessor is the ultimate gift that keeps giving....the "class" may be relaying that list for a good while.

With their creative wording to magically classify a bump fire stock as an illegal machine gun on it's own they made the definition of what can be construed to constitute a firearm or a firearm accessory as an illegal machine so vague and left to how a lawyer wants to to interpret and/or utilize that EO as a foundation to ban some more stuff. Of course, none of that even compares to Trump deciding there was no need for Congress to weigh in....why include our elected state representatives on things as trivial as issues pertaining to the Bill of Rights? He turned hundreds of thousands of legal and law abiding Americans into felons overnight, and added the cherry by deeming a legally bought firearm accessory illegal with no grandfather clause or financial compensation for the property he just decided to deprive people of.

If you look at the link posted by Matt if you haven't already, you'll see the title of their memo that lays out a course of actions that Biden could take to bypass Congress just like Trump did. It's called, "How the Strongest Gun Safety Administration in American History Can Address Gun Violence Through Executive Action" and while temptation to use EOs for something along these lines isn't exclusive to Trump...he is the only President to ever use an EO to attack parts of the gun industry and by virtue gun owners. So he's now supplied the anti-gun crowd with a source to cite when/if Biden does the same thing with an EO. Just remember that when that happens with something you can't easily with other options like your belt loop that you completely supported that kind of Executive BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    With "friends" like Trump, who needs the NRA?

And you would be better off with Biden , WHY ?!?!?!

Well, given Trump's rather gruff personality and communication skills, we need the NRA to give the victim disarmament (gun control) bills that polished, professional quality.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

And you would be better off with Biden , WHY ?!?!?!.
    Right, because I said anything at all about Harris/Biden ...

Go find someone else to play your "Hillary would have been worse Harris/Biden will be worse" taste-masking-ketchup games with you.

Trump does NOT get a pass for being a half-assed gun-grabber just because some other people are full-assed gun-grabbers.

I repeat:
    [...] I'll just go ahead and be mad at all the gun-grabbers (including the half-assed ones like Trump) - with or without your approval. And their apologists can go to hell, too.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-20-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Honestly? At least we know what we're expecting from Biden. So when he does something like....we'll say for example he bans some accessory to a firearm that is completely legal today with an executive order.....so when Biden does something like try to legislate the meaning of a right with an EO we'll see a far greater coalition to respond against it via our state reps, civil suits, an outcry consisting of enough involved people as to make it loud. Whereas let's say Trump did something....we'll say for example he decides Biden is his Yoda for training on gun control and bans an accessory for a firearm. Again...we'll say it's completely legal to buy/own today but thanks to Biden's example, Trump has embraced his locked away progressive beliefs he's kept hidden for just over 5 years roughly.

See.....when Biden decides he can legislate the intent of our rights with an executive order then the people who would oppose that can oppose it as one large movement as all agree that's a literal crime of the highest order....to violate civil liberties under the color of authority. There isn't any conflict of interest causing some people within the outraged group to cause them to excuse what is a no brainer of a wrong.

However, and again....we're purely playing out a hypothetical here.....but let's put Trump in that same spot. As a Republican whose platform states they are pro 2nd amendment...a platform he echoes during speeches......well, if he did that same thing it would be a head scratching shock. Worse....it's mean he was a no good $#@! who thought that as President he should be able to change, add to, or take away any provision of any law or right he saw fit. Again....I know we're in the land of hypothetical still....but let's go even further into this nightmare scenario. Imagine if the vast majority of the people who voted for / support(ed) him placed more value on that blind support then they did for their Constitutional rights they so vehemently fought for when Biden did the same EO action. It's hard to fathom, but that would seriously weaken any response to such a blatant over reach of Executive power. Not to mention the complete loss of respect you and I would have for the sorry POS who claimed to be liberty minded and then turned out to base how they define liberty and any affronts to it based on if the offender had an R or a D after their name. I know....what a waste of flesh, right?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Well, given Trump's rather gruff personality and communication skills, we need the NRA to give the victim disarmament (gun control) bills that polished, professional quality.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Right, because I said anything at all about Harris/Biden ...

Go find someone else to play your "Hillary would have been worse Harris/Biden will be worse" taste-masking-ketchup games.

I've come to belive a prerequisite for being a Trumphumper is the inability to "think" in anything other than false dichotomy mode.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Honestly? At least we know what we're expecting from Biden. So when he does something like....we'll say for example he bans some accessory to a firearm that is completely legal today with an executive order.....so when Biden does something like try to legislate the meaning of a right with an EO we'll see a far greater coalition to respond against it via our state reps, civil suits, an outcry consisting of enough involved people as to make it loud. Whereas let's say Trump did something....we'll say for example he decides Biden is his Yoda for training on gun control and bans an accessory for a firearm. Again...we'll say it's completely legal to buy/own today but thanks to Biden's example, Trump has embraced his locked away progressive beliefs he's kept hidden for just over 5 years roughly.

See.....when Biden decides he can legislate the intent of our rights with an executive order then the people who would oppose that can oppose it as one large movement as all agree that's a literal crime of the highest order....to violate civil liberties under the color of authority. There isn't any conflict of interest causing some people within the outraged group to cause them to excuse what is a no brainer of a wrong.

However, and again....we're purely playing out a hypothetical here.....but let's put Trump in that same spot. As a Republican whose platform states they are pro 2nd amendment...a platform he echoes during speeches......well, if he did that same thing it would be a head scratching shock. Worse....it's mean he was a no good $#@! who thought that as President he should be able to change, add to, or take away any provision of any law or right he saw fit. Again....I know we're in the land of hypothetical still....but let's go even further into this nightmare scenario. Imagine if the vast majority of the people who voted for / support(ed) him placed more value on that blind support then they did for their Constitutional rights they so vehemently fought for when Biden did the same EO action. It's hard to fathom, but that would seriously weaken any response to such a blatant over reach of Executive power. Not to mention the complete loss of respect you and I would have for the sorry POS who claimed to be liberty minded and then turned out to base how they define liberty and any affronts to it based on if the offender had an R or a D after their name. I know....what a waste of flesh, right?
    When it comes to our right to bear arms to defend our lives I trust no one.

Unfortunately, the narcotized populace continue to elect state supremacists to power.

We can only hope that they behave themselves and don’t attempt to confiscated our firearms.

The SCOTUS justices Trump has nominated are on record supporting the right.

So I’ll continue to support Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I've come to belive a prerequisite for being a Trumphumper is the inability to "think" in anything other than false dichotomy mode.
    False dichotomies are a helluva drug.

I think that this thread is actually a great example of how, in certain cases, Trump and his ilk can actually be worse than the alternative.

If and when Biden pushes toward gun control, gun rights advocates will be unified in their opposition to him.

When Trump pushed toward gun control, some gun rights advocates opposed him while others, the toesuckers, either made excuses for him or else were just mysteriously silent.

Identity politics sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

How many firearms did Trump confiscate from you?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast