Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defense Secretary Mattis says U.S. Troops to say in Iraq "for years"

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    All I know so far is that in the first 2 months the debt was reduced by $100 billion [1]. Has this changed? Will it change?
    The debt dropped 0.06% during tax season. He has not reduced any budgets anywhere. He is trooping around promising to spend money on everything.

I think the guy just enjoys kicking ass economically, and it seems the Presidency is his latest proving grounds.
    Just his DOD spending alone was equal to the theoretical savings from getting rid of Obamacare.

He might also just be paying off the military, Roman emperor-style, to ensure he doesn't get couped by the deep state commies.
    #everythingtrumpdoesthatidontlikeisbecausedeepstat e
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Right, Trump is a results driven guy. If he doesn't see a good return on the taxpayer's money, i.e. if things aren't improving then changes will have to be made, and if it becomes unfeasible then the project will end. It's not going to take that long for this process to happen with Trump.
    I don't believe it..

Do you have a long and unwatchable Steph video to confirm?!

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't believe it..

Everybody loves long and unwatchable Molyneux videos. I think the idea with his videos is to make AJ look sane.

I don't believe it..

Would you say you have worked with many people in upper management who are highly competent in business and have had experience working in private organizations that have been able to run longterm profits?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Just playing the devil's advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    Ron Paul can do what he hopes is a sensible move and have it backfire, but no one else?
    What is sensible at this point about keeping troops in Iraq for years? Seriously, you want to defend that position as being sensible in 2017? Okay. Go right ahead. Using your logic then there is no reason to ever criticize anything Obama ever did because someone could argue "Well he did what he thought was sensible." Obamacare. "Trying to take care of people who can't afford healthcare is sensible." Climate change initiatives. "Many scientists say CO2 is destroying the planet so Obama trying to do something about it is sensible."

Now here's a question for you. How is posting a thread showing where Trump did something I disagreed with "freaking out?" If Ron Paul did something I disagreed with I would post it. So far he hasn't. And yes that includes the vote to take out Osama Bin Laden. Taking out an enemy that directly attacked us makes sense. Does it not make sense to you? Had you been in congress would you have voted to do nothing? Ron didn't vote for an indefinite stay in Afghanistan and nation building but that's what Bush did anyway. You want to attack Ron on that vote, well how would you have voted? In this case the alternative is easy to see. We don't need to be involved in Iraq when the Iraqi forces already had ISIS on the run. The first thing we need to do to stop ISIS is to stop funding groups affiliated with ISIS. Tulsi Gabbard has a bill in congress right now to do that. So Trump has a really good opportunity to get behind something that would actually stop ISIS. Why hasn't he? Instead of going after me for what you apparently think is hypocrisy, why aren't you tweeting your hero Trump to support real change?

Again I asked a question, I did not make a statement, need me to post the definition of that too?
    Okay. I will ask you a question. When are you going to stop sleeping with your sister? See. I just asked a question. I didn't make a statement. Sometimes statements are made by asking question. And you made a dishonest statement with your fake question. It's the false choice fallacy.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't believe it..

Good to see you back! The mods have been banning the wrong people.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Just playing the devil's advocate.

Oh, OK. Sorry, but your timbre was opaque to me. Call me dense.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK
    He might also just be paying off the military, Roman emperor-style, to ensure he doesn't get couped by the deep state commies.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

#everythingtrumpdoesthatidontlikeisbecausedeepstat e
    I enjoyed your points about the budget. They were informative.

I'm not sure what the quote means. I think this is the only time I've used the word deep state, and here I used it only to specify which commies I was talking about.

I only mused he might be paying off the military to make sure he doesn't get couped - and added a historical reference to where my suspicion came from.

I'm not sure what the quote means. I think this is the only time I've used the word deep state, and here I used it only to specify which commies I was talking about.

I only mused he might be paying off the military to make sure he doesn't get couped - and added a historical reference to where my suspicion came from.
    Pretending that Trump would really like to do something else other than the thing that he's actually doing because of some imaginary deep state bogeyman is delusional nonsense.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Pretending that Trump would really like to do something else other than the thing that he's actually doing because of some imaginary deep state bogeyman is delusional nonsense.
    When did I say he's doing anything for just one reason to the exclusion of other reasons? I'm so confused.

I'll just be leaving now. I can't speak this language.

When did I say he's doing anything for just one reason to the exclusion of other reasons? I'm so confused.

I'll just be leaving now. I can't speak this language.
    That's how you communicate righteousness. TheCount is quite good at it but I think he is overdoing it a bit.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That's how you communicate righteousness. TheCount is quite good at it but I think he is overdoing it a bit.
    Gotta do what ya gotta do. I've been there

Pretending that Trump would really like to do something else other than the thing that he's actually doing because of some imaginary the real deep state bogeyman is delusional nonsense.
    Fixed it for you.

In fact it's difficult to tell what Trump really wants to do. So you get partial credit.

If you believe the deep state is imaginary, then you must have tuned out everything Edward Snowden revealed to the world. That said, I don't see how Trump escalating wars and signing us up for a long term stint in Iraq does anything to hurt the deep state or the puppet masters behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    Ron Paul can do what he hopes is a sensible move and have it backfire, but no one else?
    You are not answering my questions while I am answering yours. Here are my questions to you again.

1) Why do you think that Trump setting us up to stay in Iraq indefinitely is sensible or hopefully sensible?

2) Would you have voted against taking out Al Qaeda in Afghanistan?

3) Do you believe that Trump should not learn from others mistakes?

4) Since Trump said (lied) that he was against the Iraq war from the beginning, why should he think war in Iraq is "sensible" now?

6) Why do you ignore the fact that Trump lied about being against the war in Iraq?

7) Why do you ignore the fact that Trump lied about being against the war in Libya?

8) Why did Trump lie about being against the war in Iraq?

9) Why did Trump lie about being against the war in Libya?

10) Why did Trump think taking out Qaddafi in Libya could have possibly turned out good?

Interesting, You sound like a reasonable person. Again I asked a question, I did not make a statement, need me to post the definition of that too?
    I already answered this. A false choice question is not a question at all. It is a statement. Your false choice question, did I "freak out" about Ron Paul's vote for Afghanistan or am I a hypocrite, is a statement, not a question, and it is a lie. The embedded lie is that if I didn't "freak out" then I must be a hypocrite. The other embedded lie is that if I criticize Trump that is "freaking out." It's not. And you are not a reasonable person.

Now, I will ask you a question you haven't answered.

12) Have you stopped sleeping with your sister?

Are you going to answer that question? Or are you going to realize that question is a statement?

Actually I asked like 10 questions, you answered about 1 and barely at that.
    That is a lie. Enumerate all 10 questions or withdraw the lie.

How can someone lie when asking a question? If you weren't missing a chromosome you could have just said you are neither and explained why, instead you slipped into autistic screeching.
    How can you lie and say in the same post that I am a "reasonable person" then say I am "missing a chromosome?" Another lie by you.

I had no idea you were asking questions when you were typing fvck 10 times.
    I didn't type "fvck" 10 times. Post a quote showing all 10 or admit that you are lying again.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If you believe the deep state is imaginary, then you must have tuned out everything Edward Snowden revealed to the world. That said, I don't see how Trump escalating wars and signing us up for a long term stint in Iraq does anything to hurt the deep state or the puppet masters behind it.
    Oh, the deep state definitely exists, but it's not a shadowy group of cigar-smoking supervillains in a dark room with their hands over 'coup' and 'assassinate' buttons on the desks in front of them. And it's certainly not an absolute governmental power which can be blamed, in a toddler-like fashion, every time Trump bangs his shin on the Oval Office coffee table.
    Pinochet is the model

Okay. ^This is a lame ass argument. It sounds like what I typically hear from Obama supporters. "Sure I disagree with Obama attacking Libya..but he was forced to do it."

Oh, the deep state definitely exists, but it's not a shadowy group of cigar-smoking supervillains in a dark room with their hands over 'coup' and 'assassinate' buttons on the desks in front of them. And it's certainly not an absolute governmental power which can be blamed, in a toddler-like fashion, every time Trump bangs his shin on the Oval Office coffee table.
    Okay. I agree somewhat and disagree somewhat. The deep state is, by definition "shadowy." Whether they smoke cigars or not is irrelevant. Villains? Yes. Supervillains? Depends on the definition. Not a good excuse for all of Trumps misdeeds? I totally agree.

Not a good excuse for all of Trumps misdeeds? I totally agree.
    Trump's deeds - Trump's misdeeds > Deep state
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/24/m...raq-for-years/

Oh....but let me guess. This doesn't matter because Trump himself didn't say it. Am I right?
    Don't discredit yourself like with the other users have around the forum for having their tongues up David Brock's ass. It's a good thread and good topic worthy of serious concern of Trump's handling of the destabilized region after decades of neocon's fiasco and destruction. Stop with the polarizing bull$h!t. For f*ck's sake do we really need another user to ID himself as just another partisan?
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump's deeds - Trump's misdeeds > Deep state
    And the excuse I hear from Obama supporters is pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Don't discredit yourself like with the other users have around the forum for having their tongues up David Brock's ass. It's a good thread and good topic worthy of serious concern of Trump's handling of the destabilized region after decades of neocon's fiasco and destruction. Stop with the polarizing bull$h!t. For f*ck's sake do we really need another user to ID himself as just another partisan?
    I don't even know why David Brock is and frankly I don't care. And I'm not the one with the polarizing bullsh!t. Not being partisan != giving Trump a pass or giving stupid arguments in defense of Trump a pass. Sorry but the argument put forward by Trump supporters that it doesn't matter what people under Trump say because it's not Trump saying it...and then it doesn't matter what Trump tweets because....Rence Priebus....is stupid. If you call that "partisan" then I don't really value your opinion on the meaning of the term. When Trump or someone in his administration does something that seems possibly good (like Chris Cristie sending signals that he may be open to a kindler/gentler approach to the GWOD), I give them the benefit of the doubt. Same with the witch hunt against General Flynn. But I won't be bullied by anyone and that includes you.

I don't even know why David Brock is and frankly I don't care. And I'm not the one with the polarizing bullsh!t. Not being partisan != giving Trump a pass or giving stupid arguments in defense of Trump a pass. Sorry but the argument put forward by Trump supporters that it doesn't matter what people under Trump say because it's not Trump saying it...and then it doesn't matter what Trump tweets because....Rence Priebus....is stupid. If you call that "partisan" then I don't really value your opinion on the meaning of the term. When Trump or someone in his administration does something that seems possibly good (like Chris Cristie sending signals that he may be open to a kindler/gentler approach to the GWOD), I give them the benefit of the doubt. Same with the witch hunt against General Flynn. But I won't be bullied by anyone and that includes you.
    He's the dude running Shareblue which has a few members here trying to crack consensus, create division, and degrade community discussion and quality on behalf of the progressives. Don't help those igits.

You don't have to give Trump a pass nor did I insinuate you should even though you quickly want to run to that as an excuse. The problem I had is you are mocking members and already derailing your thread by bating it. Just don't make it out to seem like users are too dumb to not attribute this to Trump's deference to the military. It's pretty fvcking evident. Post the story THEN if you think you have something smart to add do something like this:

"Though it is Matthis saying this, it is likely that Trump is giving too much leash to the military leadership without demanding exit goals and strategy similar to dubbya. Something concerning we should do more than watch, but also voice our concerns that we are going to simply be stuck in quagmire in perpetuity and on the road to bankruptcy in the region similar to how Osama Bin Laden wanted us to be."

See how I didn't say or subtly imply "Oh and hey f*ck you Rand Paul supporters" there?

And the excuse I hear from Obama supporters is pretty much the same.
    lol.. difference is Obama was a creation of the deep state...

I must once again register my irritation with this policy of **'ing out words. This is supposed to be a LIBERTY forum. It is supposed to be a place for rational adults to come together and discuss the various issues. I don't see how the policy of infantalizing words accords with adult discourse. Hell, even Q U E E R has become a normalized terms - the Q U E E R S use it all the time. I can see censoring the pejorative use of the term, but the blanket suppression makes no sense. I thought this is why we have moderators. And what about use of Q U E E R to describe things wholly unrelated to gay?

Honestly.
    The profanity filter can be turned off in your profile settings.
    Pinochet is the model

The profanity filter can be turned off in your profile settings.
    It is off. This is not the product of the filter. This is site policy.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It is off. This is not the product of the filter. This is site policy.
    Interesting. I hadn't noticed.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    He's the dude running Shareblue which has a few members here trying to crack consensus, create division, and degrade community discussion and quality on behalf of the progressives. Don't help those igits.

You don't have to give Trump a pass nor did I insinuate you should even though you quickly want to run to that as an excuse.
    Yeah you did insinuate that, but that's okay. As far as David Brock is concerned, I'm not him. If you think I am that's not my concern.

The problem I had is you are mocking members and already derailing your thread by bating it. Just don't make it out to seem like users are too dumb to not attribute this to Trump's deference to the military. It's pretty fvcking evident. Post the story THEN if you think you have something smart to add do something like this:
    Sorry but the "Rence Priebus must be using Trump's twitter" excuse is worthy of mocking.

"Though it is Matthis saying this, it is likely that Trump is giving too much leash to the military leadership without demanding exit goals and strategy similar to dubbya. Something concerning we should do more than watch, but also voice our concerns that we are going to simply be stuck in quagmire in perpetuity and on the road to bankruptcy in the region similar to how Osama Bin Laden wanted us to be."

See how I didn't say or subtly imply "Oh and hey f*ck you Rand Paul supporters" there?
    And I didn't say or subtly imply "F*ck you Trump supporters" either. I'm very specific in mocking really really stupid arguments. And sometimes Rand Paul supporters have made really really stupid arguments as well. Case in point the "Rand is playing 3D chess" excuse for every questionable thing Rand does. So....really you've just proven me right in spades. I don't have sacred cows. When Rand implied that testimony from torture might be okay I was the one sounding the teocon alarm bells. It wasn't that I had anything against Rand, but I saw that kind of compromise would come back and bite him in the ass. Guess what? It did. So think next time before you try to lecture me okay?

lol.. difference is Obama was a creation of the deep state...
    And Trump is totally trustworthy.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And Trump is totally trustworthy.

Ill one up you

Yeah you did insinuate that, but that's okay. As far as David Brock is concerned, I'm not him. If you think I am that's not my concern.

Sorry but the "Rence Priebus must be using Trump's twitter" excuse is worthy of mocking.

And I didn't say or subtly imply "F*ck you Trump supporters" either. I'm very specific in mocking really really stupid arguments. And sometimes Rand Paul supporters have made really really stupid arguments as well. Case in point the "Rand is playing 3D chess" excuse for every questionable thing Rand does. So....really you've just proven me right in spades. I don't have sacred cows. When Rand implied that testimony from torture might be okay I was the one sounding the teocon alarm bells. It wasn't that I had anything against Rand, but I saw that kind of compromise would come back and bite him in the ass. Guess what? It did. So think next time before you try to lecture me okay?
    1. I didn't insinuate it, I even went so far as to praise the thread subject, and I went further to clarify what was unnecessary in a follow up post in case there was confusion. I even underlined what exactly the problem is. Now we aren't even debating the subject exactly because of it. Of which I do admit is half my fault.

2. No I mean one of Brock's companies' employees. Not the gay boyfriend of Alefantis himself. People like him tell others what to promote because they are lazy, useless, and achieve their position by literally sucking the right cock for connections.

3. Interesting, I admit I haven't seen "Rence Priebus must be using Trump's twitter" excuse post you were mocking from another thread. That's pretty retarded and I admit I didn't know the context of your comment was relating to such stupid excuse.

4. That "f*ck you supporters" was intentional humor and was meant to highlight and illustrate a point by being purposely cartoonish. Obviously you didn't imply it in a similar manner, I just wanted to make it such an obvious parody you'd see and make the connection how it would cause a reaction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast