Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Spends $834 Billion A Year To Defend Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I said it before, I'll say it again:

I miss the days when this "movement" was opposed to military spending abroad, wanted the troops home and the border defended.
    Of course I oppose it. Every single penny of it. As Ron Paul said, just leave the office equipment and come home.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Of course I oppose it. Every single penny of it. As Ron Paul said, just leave the office equipment and come home.
    Well, I know you do, but I'm thinking this is the minority opinion.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-09-2018 at 01:38 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good question.

Moot point.

The executive can veto any budget that expands.
    So he would never allow any budget to pass? His way or the highway? Not his style. No, he would compromise. He would not be a dictatorial leader. He sees things as goals- not things which can happen right away. He could get some cuts, but no way to cut $1 trillion from that budget.

Trump could in theory veto every spending bill until he gets the money he wants for his wall too. Even he hasn't done that.

(his balanced budget plan also assumed that tax revenues would rise by 25% over the three years of his plan while he cut tax rates).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron said you could save $1 trillion by bringing home the military from overseas. But we don't spend $1 trillion a year overseas. And bringing them home (just moving them) doesn't save money but costs for the transportation.
    Ron said we could save $1 trillion over how many years? And why do u assume that Ron was talking about saving 1 trillion in 1 year? Its the small misdirection and obfuscation like this is the reason people don't trust you. It is totally unreasonable and unfair to insinuate that Ron was talking about annual savings.

And yes, in the long run we would save lots of money by bringing home the troops tomorrow and focusing on solely defending the US homeland against real enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So he would never allow any budget to pass? His way or the highway? Not his style. No, he would compromise. He would not be a dictatorial leader. He sees things as goals- not things which can happen right away. He could get some cuts, but no way to cut $1 trillion from that budget.

Trump could in theory veto every spending bill until he gets the money he wants for his wall too. Even he hasn't done that.

(his balanced budget plan also assumed that tax revenues would rise by 25% over the three years of his plan while he cut tax rates).
    It is precisely because I believe he would have done that, that I supported him.

The way I figured it, if there was one single person in politics that said what they meant and meant what they said and did what they said they were going to do, it was Ron Paul.

Maybe I was naive...

NATO is in Afghanistan. SEATO is not inside a shooting war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12