Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is The Left Over?

Is The Left Over?

They seem like just a bunch of self-centered people wanting to be seen doing something.

https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/201...the-left-over/

Mainstream news journalists — by which I mean that collection of Democrats employed by large corporations to push the sort of big government that prevents small corporations from competing with them — have been breathlessly speculating that the recent "Women's Marches" around the country may be the beginning of a movement. The marches, funded in part by anti-American globalist billionaire George Soros, called forth such headlines as "Cathartic Moment or Enduring Movement" and "Women's March Activists... Seek To Build a Movement."

No one knows the future, of course, but I can't help wondering if the marches, large as they were, were not rather the end of a movement, a fond farewell to an amalgam of obsolete leftist causes that either never had a reason to exist in the first place or have lost whatever reason they might once have had.
    Another trademark of a dying movement is moral hyperbole geared toward keeping obsolete grudges and complaints alive. There is no one in prison in America for being black. People go to prison for committing violent crimes. The fact that blacks commit a disproportionate number of those crimes may be explained in any number of ways, but it's pure fantasy to claim (as Barack Obama so often did) that systemic, institutional racism continues to exist. Individual racism and moments of injustice, like many despicable things, will be with us always. But the very success of the civil rights movement in purging our institutions of injustice is the reason the modern civil rights movement is nothing but a collection of corrupt race gamers and Democrat hacks. The good work is done.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its funny because the left has no actual grassroots movement, they have no idea how to affect real change, its just a lot of hysteria and petitions. Trump appears to be doing all of the extreme things early so when it comes time to vote, the left will have forgotten a lot of the reasons why he's so evil. I think 2018 mid-terms and his re-election will be a blow out.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Leftover like meatloaf the next day?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Nah, they're like herpes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

As long as there are College campuses and progressive thinkers who teach moral relativism and collective philosophy there will always be a left wing.
    Last edited by Todd; 01-31-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nah, they're like herpes.
    Pretty much . I like to think of them as leeches .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    As long as there are College campuses and progressive thinkers who teach moral relativism and collective philosophy there will always be a left wing.
    This ^ and that is by design. Over time the left has successfully infiltrated professions needed to change the culture to its view of the world, and we are now witnessing the last gasp of western civilization trying to save itself.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

The current pendulum swing is so off the scale, the next will be a real motherfucker.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Leftover like meatloaf the next day?
    That's not so bad, but after the third day, I'd throw it out.

I dont mind the moderates, both left and right...but the ones to the far left and far right are a bunch of mongrels who ruin everything.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

No, not by a long shot.

Push forward twice as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That's not so bad, but after the third day, I'd throw it out.
    Leftover meatloaf is the best. First day as a dinner slice, very good, but, never as good as the third day. Second day as a sandwich slice cold, yum!. Third day reheated in all it's glory. All leftovers at that point goes to a very happy hound.

The Dems have effectively imploded on themselves as a result of the shenanigans of the DNC scandal & the push to anoint Clinton as their chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The Dems have effectively imploded on themselves as a result of the shenanigans of the DNC scandal & the push to anoint Clinton as their chosen one.
    This is my take, as well.

The left could have had an outsider, grassroots leader. Instead, they chose Clinton. The election imploded for them as a result. And yet, I still see MSM outlets and DNC insiders saying Clinton should run again in four years. These people are insane.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think the left is causing tons of damage to their cause right now with moderate Dems and Independents. They are so rabid right now that only their hard core choir will want to listen to what they are preaching. I predict 2018 will deliver another crushing blow to the Democrat party.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My hope is the democrat party and libertarian party switch places by 2020. Democrats will be considered a fringe group competing for votes with the Green Party.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

The current Left is the new BLM... Shuckin' n jivin' attention to themselves. Dividing the the country into more camps. Nothing but more pawns to distract from the real problems of government. Fedbook being a perfect example. Watching my "friends" post endless political garbage talking points to "prove" their right.

It's cartoons I'm tellin' ya!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/...f-destructing/

"The mindlessness is unbearable. Amnesty International tells us that we must “fight the Muslim ban” because Trump’s bigotry is wrecking lives. ...

One might think that Amnesty International should be fighting against the Bush/Cheney/Obama regime wars that have produced the refugees by killing and displacing millions of Muslims. For example, the ongoing war that Obama inflicted on Yemen results in the death of one Yemeni child every 10 minutes, according to UNICEF. Where is Amnesty International? ...

America’s wars on Muslims wreck far more lives than Trump’s ban on immigrants. Why the focus on an immigration ban and not on wars that produce refugees? Is it because Obama is responsible for war and Trump for the ban? …

The easiest and surest way for the Trump administration to stop the refugee problem, not only for the US but also for Europe and the West in general, is to stop the wars against Muslim countries that his predecessors started. …

It is very disturbing that the liberal/progressive/left prefers to oppose Trump than to oppose war. ..."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Anyone who thinks the left "is over" is really not paying attention. Bernie Sanders almost beat her despite it being rigged against him. If it was Bernie vs. Trump, it is my firm belief that Bernie would have won hands down.

The right won this round, that is all. They will make whatever changes in government, SCOTUS, law, etc., for the next four years.... but believe me, the left is regrouping and as @phill4paul wisely quoted:

The current pendulum swing is so off the scale, the next will be a real motherfucker.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The pendulum swings both ways in this game. With the republicans dominating, they'll be taking the blame or credit for whatever result is achieved.

This is a cycle that has plagued us for some time, and will continue to plague us until the system finally breaks completely.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

What phill said.

This presidential election was just ridiculous. The next two scare the crap out of me.

So far, trump has only offered wild off-the-chart military and domestic spending in the midst of a currency bubble of trillions. He lays on a slab of poverty-inducing economic protectionism. The end result is going to be blamed on market capitalism. The world is the Democrats' oyster after that. And THAT will be the Literal Shakening.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

If the left continues as it has the past few years, the Republicans will increase their majorities in House and Senate in 2018 and again in 2020. They would also increase their Governors majority....and continue reddening the down ballots.
    I am the spoon.

The Left is "Over" just like Republicans were "Over" when Obama won. People get tired of things so they want to change it again. The pendulum swings back and forth.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, all of this does not just come from nowhere, there are roots that are also fertilized continuously... when you have younger generations that you get to feed (brainwash) earlier and earlier (digitally), then you'll never run out of people that think they are doing "good."

"If we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it... In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons ... who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."
    - Edward Bernays

A new scientific [SOCIAL] truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    - Max Planck (Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918)
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Truer words have not been posted on this site.

College campuses are far, far left places that all but beat any semblance of conservatism out of you, and we've been telling kids for 2 generations that they have to go to these places in order to become someone, to become enlightened; we've sown the seeds of our own destruction.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Left" and "Right" are both just strains of the mental disorder known as Statism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Is the left over?

The left controls the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, and the governorships and legislatures of all 50 states in the USA.

And from what I hear from the Trumpsters on this website, every other country in the world from which anyone might immigrate here is even more liberal than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Is the left over?

The left controls the White House, both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, and the governorships and legislatures of all 50 states in the USA.

And from what I hear from the Trumpsters on this website, every other country in the world from which anyone might immigrate here is even more liberal than this one.
    We are still the best! At least for the refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Left is "Over" just like Republicans were "Over" when Obama won. People get tired of things so they want to change it again. The pendulum swings back and forth.
    I think you are underestimating the swing. People are tired of this $#@!. They should be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast