Thread: Prez Trump does drive-by run to boost morale of supporters outside hospital

Prez Trump does drive-by run to boost morale of supporters outside hospital

In terms of optics alone, this is powerful stuff.
    Never seen anything like this before where a leader made such a drive-by gesture to thank and boost morale of supporters worried over his covid-19 diagnosis.

Trump declares 'I get it,' then briefly leaves hospital

Oct. 4, 2020Updated: Oct. 4, 2020

1of17A car with US President Trump drives past supporters in a motorcade outside of Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland on October 4, 2020. (Photo by ALEX EDELMAN / AFP) (Photo by ALEX EDELMAN/AFP via Getty Images)Alex Edelman/AFP via Getty Images

BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Two days after being hospitalized with COVID-19, President Donald Trump declared, “I get it,” in a message to the nation Sunday before briefly leaving the hospital to salute supporters from his motorcade, a move that again showed his willingness to disregard basic precautions to contain the virus that has killed more than 209,000 Americans.
    Hours earlier, Trump's medical team reported that his blood oxygen level dropped suddenly twice in recent days and that they gave him a steroid typically only recommended for the very sick. The doctors also said his health is improving and that he could be discharged as early as Monday.
    “It’s been a very interesting journey. I learned a lot about COVID,” Trump said, standing in his hospital room in a video posted on social media. “I learned it by really going to school.”
    He added, “I get it, and I understand it."

Trump waved at his supporters outside Walter Reed from a car that drove by
    pic.twitter.com/RoucgKugec
    — Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) October 4, 2020

Before the video was posted, the infected president cruised by supporters in his sealed SUV, windows rolled up, driven by Secret Service agents in protective gear who were potentially exposed to the disease that has swept through the White House in recent days.
    “This is insanity,” tweeted Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where Trump has been hospitalized since Friday evening.

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die," the doctor wrote. “For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater.”

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...e-15619739.php

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    seems legit.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

LOL I cannot follow my commander into battle because he has the flu and I might catch it!

a move that again showed his willingness to disregard basic precautions to contain the virus that has killed more than 209,000 Americans.
    What a load of horse$#@!.

Extraordinary cautions were taken, always had been taken, of those that have close contact to POTUS.

And he still got sick.

Masks are exactly what CDC said they were all along: pointless virtue signaling that clinically are next to worthless outside of a hospital setting.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

“It’s been a very interesting journey. I learned a lot about COVID,” Trump said, standing in his hospital room in a video posted on social media. “I learned it by really going to school.”
    He added, “I get it, and I understand it."
    "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul..."
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    seems legit.
    trolls gonna troll.

at this pace, @enhanced_deficit is going to need to create a new account. This one is burned.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Anyone else think the pictures of "Trump" being circulated look similar to him but something is off?
    I honestly can not imagine this being legit for many reasons. If that really is him and he really was allowed to do that, it's just more confirmation to me that covid is complete bs.

Last edited by devil21; 10-05-2020 at 02:25 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Anyone else think the pictures of "Trump" being circulated look similar to him but something is off?
    I honestly can not imagine this being legit for many reasons. If that really is him and he really was allowed to do that, it's just more confirmation to me that covid is complete bs.
    Video footage has been leaked that appears to be non-doctored. At 0:20 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0G334acgN8

If that really is him and he really was allowed to do that, it's just more confirmation to me that covid is complete bs.
    It's more of a confirmation that Trump hasn't learned anything about the virus and that his monumental narcissism is alive and well. Trump is "allowed" to do whatever he wants.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's more of a confirmation that Trump hasn't learned anything about the virus and that his monumental narcissism is alive and well. Trump is "allowed" to do whatever he wants.
    As should we...to the Orange One's credit, he has been fighting corona craziness and the Gesundheitfurhers.

I hope he continues.

It's called freedom.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Well he is the president.

Its entirely his right and duty to communicate back to us his well being.

Why are all TDS sufferers howling like hyenas? He didn't do anything problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As should we...to the Orange One's credit, he has been fighting corona craziness and the Gesundheitfurhers.

I hope he continues.

It's called freedom.
    Are you talking to an empty house? We are already dead from the Super Spreader event Sturgis. It wiped out half the planet.

I was glad to hear he did that until when I saw he did it with a mask on.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

If he put a BLM sicker underneath his car window, the liberal Media couldn't have said anything negative.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What about HIPPA. Nobody should be able to get health information without his consent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the virus is completely overblown, but this was a stupid publicity stunt. His behavior is increasingly erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think the virus is completely overblown, but this was a stupid publicity stunt. His behavior is increasingly erratic.
    What is erratic about his behavior? Why was that stupid? Guy was cooped up and wanted to get out. Aren't they supposed to show how they are feeling? If this was a foreign leader there wouldn't be a negative spin. Why can medical staff be with him but not his SS staff? If an N95 or greater mask is good enough for hospital workers why not for his staff? Do doctors and nurses self quarantine after each shift for 14 days? If not, why should anyone else?

What happens after all these close associates of Trump's recover after few or minor symptoms or issues? Would that damper the pandemic status? If you could certifiably come in contact with the virus and then be immune to it after little or no illness would you choose to do so? Do immune people need to comply with mask regulations?

Trump criticized for breaking COVID-19 quarantine to greet his supporters outside hospital
    Global Media MSM criticizes Trump for supposedly breaking covid 19 quarantine to greet his supporters outside hospital yet were suddenly quiet when Nancy Pelosi did so by breaking their own rule.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-05-2020 at 01:07 PM.

It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President. If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!
    Last edited by DiverseSegregation; 10-05-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    What happens after all these close associates of Trump's recover after few or minor symptoms or issues? Would that damper the pandemic status? If you could certifiably come in contact with the virus and then be immune to it after little or no illness would you choose to do so? Do immune people need to comply with mask regulations?
    They all probably will recover. The virus isn't a big deal for healthy people. Trump is still an idiot.

"I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

I do like that central message.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...86529058136070

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    "I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

I do like that central message.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...86529058136070
    Step right up, friends. It just so happens that my friends, the CEOs of Regeneron and Gilead, have developed these new drugs, for the low, low price of one million dollars, almost ready to market! They're wonderful and great and you see how quickly I recovered using my friend's drugs, don't you? Step right up friends. The line starts here.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Step right up, friends. It just so happens that my friends, the CEOs of Regeneron and Gilead, have developed these new drugs, for the low, low price of one million dollars, almost ready to market! They're wonderful and great and you see how quickly I recovered using my friend's drugs, don't you? Step right up friends. The line starts here.
    Yes, there is that. Giving Trump (under a dubious "compassionate use" request) an experimental cocktail in addition to an antiviral, seemed a bit risky for use on the President, who is a high-powered mutant of some kind and would've likely survived with minimal care. But it was one hell of an ad campaign, wasn't it?

That's why I said I liked the central message: "Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life."

If we could stop treating every other human being like some repugnant and life-threatening bioweapon and begin to live again, that would be quite proper.

Haha, I just found out that Chris Rossini of the Liberty Report echoed my sentiments a couple days later:

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...aiting-to-hear

They'll be "taking care of seniors" alright. That mega-trillions of unfunded liabilities aren't going to resolve themselves, ya know.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw