Thread: Lincoln Memorial vandalized with explicit graffiti

Exclamation Lincoln Memorial vandalized with explicit graffiti

Lincoln Memorial vandalized with explicit graffiti

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lincoln-mem...ry?id=49233539

The Lincoln Memorial was vandalized with bright-red graffiti early Tuesday morning at around 4.30 a.m.

Officials with the National Park Service (NPS) said the red spray paint appears to state “[expletive] law” on one of the memorial’s columns overlooking the National Mall. Another instance in silver spray paint was also discovered on a Smithsonian wayfinding sign in the 1400 block of Constitution Avenue.

Work to remove the graffiti is already underway using a mild, gel-type architectural paint stripper, according to the NPS. The gel won’t affect the preservation of the memorial’s historic stone.

Paper covers the spot where someone sprayed red paint on the Lincoln Memorial. The Park Service if trying to clean it

The crew will apply the treatment and let it set on the stone for approximately an hour, then rinse it with “clean, potable” water, according to the NPS. The process is repeated until “all evidence of the graffiti is gone.”

This isn’t the first instance of vandalism on the Lincoln Memorial or other national monuments.

In July 2013, the giant statue of the 16th president was splashed with green paint on the left pant leg. The Washington Post reported that this was the first incident of vandalism on the monument since its dedication in 1922.

More recently, over the President's Day weekend in February 2017, the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and World War II Memorial, three of D.C.’s most popular monuments, were vandalized with marker pen. Local ABC affiliate WJLA reported that the graffiti included small phrases that appeared to be conspiracy theories, such as "Jackie shot JFK," "blood test is a lie, leukemia, cancer HIV get 2nd opinion" and "9/11/01 Misty pilots fly planes into WTC 1, 2, P, F."

The World War II Memorial’s North Dakota column was also defaced with spray paint in November 2016, in what was believed to be a sign of protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline, according to The Washington Post.

The United States Park Police has asked anyone with information to contact the agency at 202-610-7515.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah , well , pretty sure Jackie had nothing to do with her husbands death . You will have to check with Danke on the rest .

Vandalism. Catch them and make them pay for the clean-up. (Unless they are leftists. In that case give them a cookie and a participation trophy).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Vandalism. Catch them and make them pay for the clean-up. (Unless they are leftists. In that case give them a cookie and a participation trophy).
    (Or if they're civilian assets, in which case arrest an undesirable taking adderall and frame him for thoughtcrime and possession of paint.)

The situation is getting bit out of hand.

Protesters in Atlanta Vandalize ‘Peace Monument’ After Mistaking It for Confederate Symbol

Curtis Compton/Atlanta Journal-Constitution via AP

by Penny Starr16 Aug 2017 1,784

Protesters vandalized and attempted to take down the Peace Monument in Piedmont Park in Atlanta on Sunday, mistaking it for a pro-Confederate statue.

The protesters were marching in response to the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday where one woman died after being deliberately hit by a car, and two law enforcement personnel were killed when the helicopter they were in crashed.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...derate-symbol/

What makes breitbart so damned sure it's a mistake?

Which of the actions of this Brave New Left suggest they feel any sympathy whatsoever for peace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Protesters in Atlanta Vandalize ‘Peace Monument’ After Mistaking It for Confederate Symbol

Protesters vandalized and attempted to take down the Peace Monument in Piedmont Park in Atlanta on Sunday, mistaking it for a pro-Confederate statue.

The protesters were marching in response to the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday where one woman died after being deliberately hit by a car, and two law enforcement personnel were killed when the helicopter they were in crashed.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Which of the actions of this Brave New Left suggest they feel any sympathy whatsoever for peace?
    I agree, but if it was a mistake it was a kind of Freudian slip.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

see! this is why we can't have nice things....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So whats the problem? Lincoln was an overt racist, said many racist things. Why haven't they taken his memorial down while they are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

They would probably tear down a statue of Stalin without being aware of the irony.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They would probably tear down a statue of Stalin without being aware of the irony.
    Somebody should remind Seattle AntiFa that Stalin persecuted JEWS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The vendalism wars seem to be escalating on both sides:

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: ‘An absolute disgraceful act’

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 17, 2017
    Abraham Lincoln has joined George Washington on the list of those targeted by Chicagoans in a national debate over Civil War-era monuments.
    Alderman Raymond Lopez took to Facebook Wednesday night to decry a defaced statue of the nation’s 16th president in the Englewood neighborhood. The giant bust appears to have been damaged after someone in the 15th Ward sprayed and ignited a flammable liquid.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hicago-an-abs/

Abraham Lincoln has joined George Washington on the list of those targeted by Chicagoans in a national debate over Civil War-era monuments.
    Alderman Raymond Lopez took to Facebook Wednesday night to decry a defaced statue of the nation’s 16th president in the Englewood neighborhood. The giant bust appears to have been damaged after someone in the 15th Ward sprayed and ignited a flammable liquid.

How is that "both" sides?

Robert Morgan, a writer for the Institute for Historical Review, confirmed that, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln invited free Black ministers to the White House to have a conversation. Lincoln did not hesitate to convince them of their inferiority when he candidly said the following:

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffers very greatly, many of them, by living among us, while ours suffers from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/05/...lack-people/2/
    See, Lincoln was clearly a racist.

This was not directed at me personally, but was part of a conversation that took place just today and it may not be a direct quote, as I'm going from memory.

"You white people can't help yourself, you're born racist. The only way to end that, is to end you, white people."

Most likely: it was some high functioning imbecile who didn't have a clue who it was, other than an "old, dead white guy".

And that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How is that "both" sides?

Robert Morgan, a writer for the Institute for Historical Review, confirmed that, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln invited free Black ministers to the White House to have a conversation. Lincoln did not hesitate to convince them of their inferiority when he candidly said the following:

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffers very greatly, many of them, by living among us, while ours suffers from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/05/...lack-people/2/
    See, Lincoln was clearly a racist.

With that comment I did not mean to suggest they were two principled groups, something like competing/opposing sides in the common perceptions.

But is that really a true quote of Lincoln?
    Bit surprised , never heard that before though my reading of history has been very light.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With that comment I did not mean to suggest they were two principled groups, something like competing/opposing sides in the common perceptions.

Bit surprised , never heard that before though my reading of history has been very light.
    I have no reason to doubt it, it's in line with other quotes of his.

“And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

Lincoln Douglas debates 1858

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

"You white people can't help yourself, you're born racist. The only way to end that, is to end you, white people."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

More Abe Lincoln quotes below. These are from authoritative, primary source documents, not some dubious sites. I can provide the sources, or you could just do an internet search with quotation marks on them.

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

"And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Lincoln was not interested in freeing slaves: “I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.”

“There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races … A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas…”
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members