Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2017-18

In the AFC the contenders look to be Kansas City , Oakland , Denver , Pittsburgh . In the NFC Atlanta , Detroit , Minnesota , Philadelphia and Tampa Bay .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2017 at 11:56 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Parking was 100 dollars at the Chargers game , but it was mostly Miami fans .
    Chargers will draw people in the area who have not had the chance to see professional football in a while but they will have to start winning games if they hope to keep them coming. So far, they continue to find ways to be close in games and still somehow lose. That is why they drew poorly in San Diego- they couldn't win much.

Sunday marked the first time since Dec. 24, 1994 that two regular-season NFL games were played in Los Angeles on the same day, and the results weren't pretty. Between Dolphins-Chargers (25,381) and Redskins-Rams (56,612), the games had a lower combined attendance than USC's game against Texas on Saturday.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/...geles-chargers

But to be fair, the Chargers played at the StubHub Center which can only hold 27,000 (but still couldn't sell out their game)- USC played in the Coliseum which can hold 93,000. If the StubHub Center was a college stadium, it would be the 108th biggest stadium. The Rams DID play at the Coliseum which was about half empty for their game. Is there enough support in LA for two professional football teams? Not off to a good start.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-18-2017 at 08:38 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giants 80 yards at Half , trail 17 - 7 . Manning sacked 4 times , one pick .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-chargers-lose

Free Tacos when Chargers lose

A Mexican restaurant in San Diego is offering customers free tacos whenever the Los Angeles Chargers lose.

Victor Lopez, owner of El Pollo Grill, said he wants the Chargers to go winless, despite what it may cost him.

"My main purpose is so the Chargers hopefully lose," Lopez told ABC 10 in San Diego. "They lose 16 games that means 16 times that you can come get a free taco -- it's OK with me."

Lopez runs El Pollo Grill on Bonita Road near I-805 in San Diego. Lopez said customers have to say the secret phrase to the cashier -- Spanos Taco -- in honor of Chargers owner Dean Spanos.

The Chargers announced the team's intention to move from San Diego to Los Angeles in January, a move that angered fans in their former city. So far, the Chargers have started out 0-2 in their new home city.

So this guy probably cursed the chargers kicker .

So this guy probably cursed the chargers kicker .
    He says he is happy when the Chargers lose- even if it costs him money (cheap advertising for his business!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He says he is happy when the Chargers lose- even if it costs him money (cheap advertising for his business!)
    Chargers will be underdogs at home next two weeks , Chiefs & Eagles .

Chargers will be underdogs at home next two weeks , Chiefs & Eagles .
    More free tacos!

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Lions looking strong.
    Giants looking weak. Falcons-Lions will be a good early indicator to see where these two teams are at and shape the NFC picture. Dallas-Arizona is going to leave one team with some heavy questions; Dallas got beat by the Cards (?!?!) or Is it time to put the old regime (Palmer, Fitzgerald, Johnson) to pasture?

If the Saints want to do better than 7-9, they better get something going against Carolina this week. Newton needs to improve bc their defense will face better teams and Olsen is out 6 weeks.

Seattle needs to find the end zone and the packers D could do a lot more to help Rogers and Green Bay.

In the AFC, Bolts are all but done considering their division and the rest of the conference. Broncos looking strong (loving CJ Anderson on the ground and their stout D), KC looks to be for real, and Raiders are just having fun (not hard against the Jets though).

Pats getting back to form. South is still open but anemic. Pittsburg will get another opportunity to tune up their offense against the lowly Bears this weekend...Baltimore looks alright.

Oh, and the Browns opened the line as favorites over the Colts (2.5pts)!! I would like to see Cleveland win a few though

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am leaning towards Eagles & Titans to cover the spread. Cashed in on my lock last week ( Raiders ) . I may want to look at some unders first though .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-19-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Denver is playing very well now but it is a very long season- especially for them. Most of their difficult opponents come in the second half as well as most of their road games- seven of their final eleven games are away. Plus their bye week is very early- week #5- and based on last season's records play the toughest schedule of anybody. Their opponents average last season was .578 and half their games are against playoff teams. Injuries can be a big factor in the final stretch.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Players are calling for Kaepernick to be signed and brought in at Quarterback in Cincinnati. Please let it happen...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Players are calling for Kaepernick to be signed and brought in at Quarterback in Cincinnati. Please let it happen...
    He is a great athlete and last year put up good numbers. He should be starting somewhere. Baltimore was very close until his idiot girlfriend posted that tweet.

Not since the days of John Alt, Dave Szott and the immortal Will Shields has Kansas City had an offensive line like this one. They're making Alex Smith look mighty good, and Hunt look like he has experience.

And I may miss Tamba Hali, but clearly that defense will be getting along just fine with Dee Ford and Chris Jones opposite Justin Houston!

The AFC West is tough all around. But I think the Chiefs are going to come out on top of it again this year. Zippy's monkey buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trevor Simmian [sic]
    notwithstanding.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jacksonville 37 Baltimore 0 as three point underdog Jags peel off a 59 yard run on a fake punt .

Flacco pulled down 44 - 0 , 2 sacks , 2 picks , 28 yards on 8 completions .

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    He is a great athlete and last year put up good numbers. He should be starting somewhere. Baltimore was very close until his idiot girlfriend posted that tweet.
    The only numbers that count: 2-10.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vikings open with 75 yard TD drive .

Vikings first team to 14 today . Up 11 with 10 1/2 to Half .

Vikings first team to 14 today . Up 11 with 10 1/2 to Half .
    Hello stranger, you seem to be a fan of this National Felons League, you have been posting about it incessantly for weeks now. Are you by any chance a minority, a manginas and/or woemen?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Hello stranger, you seem to be a fan of this National Felons League, you have been posting about it incessantly for weeks now. Are you by any chance a minority, a manginas and/or woemen?
    Answer me directly, in my post, if you got problem with what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Answer me directly, in my post, if you got problem with what I said.
    I wanted to do my own surveying first before getting back to you. You are a very intelligence poster who usually posts insightful information and it at the time sounded reasonable to me so I didn't want to jump in without preparing.

FTR, here's what has sand in Ed's vagina:

Meh, not what I see anymore.

Minorities, manginas and woemen seem to be most of the National Felon League's fanbase now.
    Every long time member on this board knows what I think of professional sports, I've made my point a hundred times over the years, and I take every opportunity to "bash" them.

Being polite means that I'm not going to stir $#@! in a thread specifically devoted to something that many people enjoy, even though I disagree with it.

Now, I am going to petition the mods to split this whole conversation out of here, and you can carry on from there.

FTR, here's what has sand in Ed's vagina:
    Every time u call me Ed, I take it as a sign that I am getting to you, it's like your tell. So yea

Every long time member on this board knows what I think of professional sports, I've made my point a hundred times over the years, and I take every opportunity to "bash" them.
    Yea, they know what you think about sports but do they know what you think about minorities, manginas and woemen (intentionally misspelled for some weird reason )

Being polite means that I'm not going to stir $#@! in a thread specifically devoted to something that many people enjoy, even though I disagree with it.

Now, I am going to petition the mods to split this whole conversation out of here, and you can carry on from there.
    You mean that you AF the man who wouldn't even call the authorities if he found a dangerous drunk driver on the road would now run to the mods to break up the thread? that doesn't sound like the militant anti authority poster that we all know and love

I played football and Soccer until I was about 22 . I thought it was fun. It ( football ) was commonplace where I am from . Both high schools are top 10 programs currently. My high school QB played at Notre Dame . My Junior high team went undefeated and unscored on two consecutive seasons . I like college basketball too. Danke and I happen to have the same favorite NFL team , he lives there , I just kind of adapted them as an expansion team when they came in the league as we had no team here .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2017 at 12:41 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You mean that you AF the man who wouldn't even call the authorities if he found a dangerous drunk driver on the road would now run to the mods to break up the thread? that doesn't sound like the militant anti authority poster that we all know and love
    Private property bub.

And I'd never call to have you banned or censured.

I'm just trying to be polite and not $#@! up other members fun.

I played football and Soccer until I was about 22 . I thought it was fun. It ( football ) was commonplace where I am from . Both high schools are top 10 programs currently. My high school QB played at Notre Dame . My Junior high team went undefeated and unscored on two consecutive seasons . I like college basketball too.
    Nice, so you played the real football and American football as a youth. Did you coach any youth sports as an adult? and most importantly, are you a minority, a mangina and/or a woemen?

Private property bub.
    Oh, I thought it was about you not minding other people's business. Good to know that if the police were privatized you would call them in that instance. That I have no problem with.

And I'd never call to have you banned or censured.

I'm just trying to be polite and not $#@! up other members fun.
    Doing anything that would hamper my ability to conduct my survey on this threat is censorship in my book. So even though its not your intention to censor me, that is what the result would be if you have your way.

Nice, so you played the real football and American football as a youth. Did you coach any youth sports as an adult? and most importantly, are you a minority, a mangina and/or a woemen?
    I coached a kids soccer team on the south side of Tacoma once . They went undefeated . Very few of the guys I played ball with 3rd grade to 12th grade were minorities .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast