Thread: MS-45 year old women, with no criminal record, going to jail for box of cold tablets.

Exclamation MS-45 year old women, with no criminal record, going to jail for box of cold tablets.

File this under:

"You don't know what you're doing wrong".

Sub file:

When asked anything by a cop: SHUT THE $#@! UP!

Woman says innocent trip to Ala. spirals into meth charge

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...to-meth-charge

They traveled to Demopolis, where police were conducting a sting operation. Pharmacists there informed police when anyone from Mississippi bought medicine containing pseudoephedrine.

After leaving Walmart, she said police officer Sgt. Tim Soronen pulled her over and asked, "What brings you to Demopolis?"

"I came over to buy some Sudafed for our scuba diving trip this weekend since we cannot buy it in Meridian anymore," she said she told him.

She said the officer asked if she knew it was against the law to cross the state line and buy Sudafed. (It is against the law in Mississippi to bring back pseudoephedrine products from another state, but Alabama law permits those from other states to buy the medicine as long as they sign.)

"No, sir, I did not know," she said she replied.

"I need you to step out of the car," he said.

"For what? I swear I didn't know. What did I do?" she said she asked.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Police simply do not exist for the people, they exist for the state.

I'll bet she's one of those, "if you have nothing to hide" type, might want to rethink that next time.

"I came over to buy some Sudafed for our scuba diving trip this weekend since we cannot buy it in Meridian anymore," she said she told him.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I don't get it. It's not like she was going to make meth with it or anything. The war on drugs sure screws up everything anybody wants to do anymore.

If a person went to Canada and bought some 222 (Tylenol with codeine). Would they be arrested if they were caught with them in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I don't get it. It's not like she was going to make meth with it or anything. The war on drugs sure screws up everything anybody wants to do anymore.

If a person went to Canada and bought some 222 (Tylenol with codeine). Would they be arrested if they were caught with them in the U.S.?
    Yes, especially if SWAT, VIPR and DEA checkpoints were out looking for it, like these local cops were.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, especially if SWAT, VIPR and DEA checkpoints were out looking for it, like these local cops were.
    What's crazy is that is an over the counter medication in Canada. The U.S. is so screwed up.

from the article... She told The Clarion-Ledger, "They told me to add that I was making crystal meth so I did."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More collateral damage in the war on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    from the article... She told The Clarion-Ledger, "They told me to add that I was making crystal meth so I did."
    Now if they would have shot her, Darwin would have been happy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wow, that is just incredible. Added it to the Freedom Report, exactly the kind of story that goes there. Makes me sick! Friggin police state crap!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    She said the officer asked if she knew it was against the law to cross the state line and buy Sudafed. (It is against the law in Mississippi to bring back pseudoephedrine products from another state, but Alabama law permits those from other states to buy the medicine as long as they sign.)
    So what law did he arrest her for? She didn't break Alabama law, so how could she be arrested by the Alabama "peace officers?"

Can't help but wonder how she votes.

Never say anything without a lawyer.
    Last edited by angelatc; 02-08-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Police simply do not exist for the people, they exist for the state.
    Yep, they are there to protect the banksters and their friends--nothing more.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    If that is true, then she is a gullible fool. Remain SILENT! 5th amendment!! People better learn (and know) their rights!!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Let's say someone from Mississippi was spending a week in Mobile on vacation and they get a sinus headache. They go to a CVS and buy Sudafed. The Alabama police can arrest them?

That doesn't make sense.
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness." -- Ronald Reagan, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by NCGOPer_for_Paul View Post
    Let's say someone from Mississippi was spending a week in Mobile on vacation and they get a sinus headache. They go to a CVS and buy Sudafed. The Alabama police can arrest them?

That doesn't make sense.
    Her story is a little shaky. They found drug paraphernalia in the car, among other things. I'd like to kick the ass of her meth head son who didn't tell her to be quiet though. Or who didn't man up and take the rap for her.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Her story is a little shaky. They found drug paraphernalia in the car, among other things. I'd like to kick the ass of her meth head son who didn't tell her to be quiet though. Or who didn't man up and take the rap for her.

Her story is a little shaky because she is now realizing how gullible she was. Allowing the police to coerce her into saying all the drug paraphernalia was hers so they would let her son take the grandchildren.

This is typical of cops and how they coerce people and even twist what she said. She was too gullible from the get-go by admitting to the cop she drove over the state line to do anything. If the cop asked me what was my business in this state I would remain silent. The only thing I would say is, "Are you detaining me? Am I free to go?"

The cop had no right searching the car or her purse without a warrant. When he asked her to get out of the car she should have shut and locked the car door.

When people do not know their rights and do not exercise their rights, they get railroaded.

Now that we are outlawing things that can be used to make drugs, do I need a permit or something to buy a spoon?

I'm from Meridian and heard about this. I don't know her but hate that stupid law. My wife gets migraines and that was one of the best drugs for her head. Now we can't get any her. If I ever get into the state legislature like I hope repealing that law will be one of my goals.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

sounds like someone needs to understand man or other animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    What's crazy is that is an over the counter medication in Canada. The U.S. is so screwed up.
    Codeine use to be an OTC med in the US, too. THen it went behind the counter, where you had to sign for it, then it became prescription only.

Shouldn't the Federal government be enforcing her right of 'Interstate Commerce?'

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Her story is a little shaky because she is now realizing how gullible she was. Allowing the police to coerce her into saying all the drug paraphernalia was hers so they would let her son take the grandchildren.
    THe point being that I can get pulled over any time, day or night, and the police won't find a stash of drug paraphernalia crammed in the seat of my cushions.

This is why I was one of only seven to vote against this:

http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookU...011&BillID=H12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yeah, and not one of the other four Republicans would have voted against the bill except for my floor argument.