Thread: Assange will not be charged in the leak of CIA spying tools

Thumbs up Assange will not be charged in the leak of CIA spying tools

The U.S. Justice Department has decided not to charge Julian Assange for his role in exposing some of the CIA’s most secret spying tools, according to a U.S. official and two other people familiar with the case.
    It’s a move that has surprised national security experts and some former officials, given prosecutors’ recent decision to aggressively go after the WikiLeaks founder on more controversial Espionage Act charges that some legal experts said would not hold up in court. The decision also means that Assange will not face punishment for publishing one of the CIA’s most potent arsenals of digital code used to hack devices, dubbed Vault 7. The leak — one of the most devastating in CIA history — not only essentially rendered those tools useless for the CIA, it gave foreign spies and rogue hackers access to them.

There are no plans to bring any additional indictments prior to his extradition.

More at: https://www.politico.eu/article/juli...onal-security/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    it gave foreign spies and rogue hackers access to them.

Correction..
    It was being given to Hackers ,, foreign and otherwise ,by the CIA... a Hacking kit.

That is how it was exposed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Sounds legit.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

A Swedish court dealt state prosecutors a blow on Monday, denying a request for a Euroepan Arrest Warrant (EAW) to detain WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for extradition once his 50-week sentence is up in the UK for skipping bail.

Swedish deputy director of public prosecution, Eva-Marie Persson, had requested the detention - arguing that Assange posed a flight risk. Assange's attorney, Per E. Samuelson, countered that the WikiLeaks founder would be willing to come to Sweden to cooperate with the investigation, and that his client has nothing to hide.
    The Uppsala district court denied the request when it was clear that Swedish authorities were not finished with their preliminary investigation into a 2010 rape claim. Samuelson argued that under new rules, EAWs cannot be obtained to conduct preliminary investigations - and the prosecution must instead apply for a European investigation order.
    This means that the prosecution will need to complete its preliminary investigation without Assange's extradition to Sweden, and will instead have to travel to the UK for interrogations, or conduct them via video.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...er-uk-sentence
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    FREE ASSANJE
    + rep

That red eye visible in the pic is not a good thing.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Unfortunately its looking like its going to be the end of Assange.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Me thinks it ain’t over ‘til it’s over.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Why charge him when you can just kill him?

In The War On Free Speech, Assange Says: “Everyone Else Must Take My Place”

By Mac Slavo

This article was originally published at SHTFplan.com

WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange’s health is deteriorating in a British prison, but the journalist was able to get a letter out to the public. In the war on freedom of speech, Assange is asking everyone else who stands against corruption to take his place and keep speaking truth to power.

“Julian’s case is of major historic significance. It will be remembered as the worst attack on press freedom in our time,” said WikiLeaks editor-in-chief, Kristinn Hrafnsson, urging people everywhere to oppose their politicians, courts, police, and prisons from being abused to “leave this black stain on history.”

In a handwritten letter from Belmarsh prison, Assange says he is being denied a chance to defend himself and that elements (government officials) in the United States “hate truth, liberty, and justice.” Assange says that the U.S. government wants him extradited and dead for telling the public the horrifying truth about their government.

The letter was sent to independent British journalist Gordon Dimmack, according to an article by RT. It was dated May 13 – ten days before the U.S. announced 17 additional charges under the Espionage Act against the jailed whistleblower. In light of the new indictment, Dimmack read out the letter in a YouTube video. A photo of the handwritten note was soon posted online as well.

I received a letter from Julian #Assange https://t.co/ckRfg3ngOp via @YouTube— Gordon Dimmack (@GordonDimmack) May 24, 2019

Assange’s situation shines a light on the lengths the U.S. government will go to in order to prevent the truth from getting out.
    I have been isolated from all ability to prepare to defend myself: no laptop, no internet, ever, no computer, no library, so far, but even if I get access, it will just be for a half an hour, with everyone else, once a week,” Assange wrote. “The other side? A superpower that has been preparing for 9 years, with hundreds of people and untold millions spent on the case.”

I am defenseless.
    I am unbroken, albeit literally surrounded by murderers, but, the days where I could read and speak and organize to defend myself, my ideals, and my people are over until I am free! Everyone else must take my place.

The US government, or rather, those regrettable elements in it that hate truth, liberty and justice, want to cheat their way into my extradition and death, rather than letting the public hear the truth, for which I have won the highest awards in journalism and have been nominated 7 times for the Nobel Peace Prize. Truth, ultimately, is all we have.Julian Assange, handwritten letter

Assange’s well being has been diminished during his time in prison. Even before his arrest, his health was faltering. “The decision of prison authorities to move [Assange] to the health ward speaks for itself,” said WikiLeaks, adding that Assange has lost a lot of weight and was barely able to speak to his Swedish lawyer last week.

Assange’s health situation on Friday was such that it was not possible to conduct a normal conversation with him,his lawyer Per Samuelson told reporters after visiting Belmarsh. The quote was barely reported on in Sweden, let alone elsewhere. The media has already taken sides and it’s against free speech.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again