Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What trade items should I stockpile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What staples and commodities were tough to get during the Great Depression?
    For people with no job , no farm it was food , for the rest of the unemployed it was cash to buy things they did not produce ( like salt). That will be a problem again in a currency crisis , because most "money" that most people have will be of no value .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    For people with no job , no farm it was food , for the rest of the unemployed it was cash to buy things they did not produce ( like salt). That will be a problem again in a currency crisis , because most "money" that most people have will be of no value .
    Wouldn't that then seem to point to stockpiling gold and silver?

Though actually I was originally thinking toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, coffee, tea, light bulbs, candles, matches, etc..
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-14-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Wouldn't that then seem to point to stockpiling gold and silver?

Though actually I was originally thinking toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, coffee, tea, light bulbs, candles, matches, etc..
    Ya , I would think hard money , matches , candles , soap , coffee , tea etc would be good items

I keep alot of filet knives , fish hooks , bobbers , sinkers , lead , copper ,matches , shotgun shells , rifle shells , ice picks , hack saws , axes , mauls, machetes , tomahawks , files, hammers, pitch forks , scalping knives , cleavers , arrows , awls , wedges , crowbars , vice grips , wrenches , nutdrivers , screwdrivers , drill bits ,nails , tow straps , punches , chisels , hand drills , lighters , flints , lighter fluid ,lamp oil etc and other useful stuff
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-25-2016 at 07:56 AM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe I should lay in some aircraft fuel so Danke can fly me to Africa for bird hunting Safari , how much would I need round trip ?

Can I get some of those little bearded terrorist lego guys or have they discontinued them ?
    I'll trade you some for enough jet fuel to get to South America.

Lifepo4 12 volt 100AH batteries.There will be a glut of solar panels, and wind turbines available that were once grid tied, but once the grid starts to go down, they will be useless without charge controllers and batteries, but the glut of batteries in circulation are cheap lead acids, which will be largely junk in a few years, Leaving Yuuuuuugggge demand for batteries that can last up to a decade! You will be able to set your price, Gold bars will be cheap in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I'll trade you some for enough jet fuel to get to South America.
    Anything I have I will share with you .

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Lifepo4 12 volt 100AH batteries.There will be a glut of solar panels, and wind turbines available that were once grid tied, but once the grid starts to go down, they will be useless without charge controllers and batteries, but the glut of batteries in circulation are cheap lead acids, which will be largely junk in a few years, Leaving Yuuuuuugggge demand for batteries that can last up to a decade! You will be able to set your price, Gold bars will be cheap in comparison.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Good idea.
    Yes, Danke's girls will need plenty of batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Anything I have I will share with you .
    And I would give you anything I have as well. I am very fortunate to be associated with someone of your presence of spirit and mind. I also feel very blessed to be a part of this community where I can be myself and not get killed for it. Let me see if I can round up those lego terrorist you admire. They are pretty well armed don't you think? Do you want the chicken too or do you already have one?

Last edited by Working Poor; 04-27-2016 at 11:06 AM.

I like the lego chicken .

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the lego chicken .
    I've got one. Will trade for the screwdriver made from space age materials.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I'm stockpiling velcro and Tang.

Prostitutes.

Just trust me on this one.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Might you be interested in...

I found it at Walmart.
    IOW Bag Balm?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

What staples and commodities were tough to get during the Great Depression?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yeast infections
    Fixed that fer'ye.

some recent barters I've made in the past 60 days

solar panel installation for gallon of fresh squeezed home grown olive oil and home smoked spicy chorizo
    I got a couple bottles of rice sake as a tip for a gazebo project
    Swapped out a toilet for home grown ground beef
    Made some changes to a previous sign project for home grown NY strip steaks
    Make some changes to a previous deck project for freshly caught saltwater porgies
    barn demolition for 50% salvage rights on the oak and tin (shook hands, haven't broke ground yet)
    gathered 6 cord of firewood logs with a friend w/ backhoe; I worked the chains... we split the haul 3 cord each

join the counter-economy

Last edited by presence; 07-31-2016 at 07:11 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    some recent barters I've made in the past 60 days

solar panel installation for gallon of fresh squeezed home grown olive oil and home smoked spicy chorizo
    I got a couple bottles of rice sake as a tip for a gazebo project
    Swapped out a toilet for home grown ground beef
    Made some changes to a previous sign project for home grown NY strip steaks
    Make some changes to a previous deck project for freshly caught saltwater porgies
    barn demolition for 50% salvage rights on the oak and tin (shook hands, haven't broke ground yet)
    gathered 6 cord of firewood logs with a friend w/ backhoe; I worked the chains... we split the haul 3 cord each

join the counter-economy

i do some bartering too .

i do some bartering too .
    Sounds like you mostly "pick up" your belongings.

I've got a bunch of craft supplies if anyone wants to trade. I finally realized I'm not crafty and don't care to be.

I've got a bunch of craft supplies if anyone wants to trade. I finally realized I'm not crafty and don't care to be.
    Heh. Every time I read one of your posts I chuckle. Every single time. Well most times anyway.

I am crafty but I do not fool with crafts .

Danke's salty enough. I'm thinking handcuffs, lube, ball gags, cages, jello...you get the idea.
    Gimp suit.

At least some people running around in a PAW will do...well...anything for a cigarette. it may be possible to vacuum pack them with oxygen eaters and make them last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    At least some people running around in a PAW will do...well...anything for a cigarette. it may be possible to vacuum pack them with oxygen eaters and make them last a long time.
    Wow , never thought about it , but an unopened carton of cowboy killers should last a long time vacum sealed .

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123