Thread: Toothpaste Describes Ingredients On Label

Toothpaste Describes Ingredients On Label

Posting despite the likely triggering of the chemophobic herd.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kingfisher is the UK's leading natural toothpaste. It contains no artificial colourings, flavourings, sweeteners or preservatives. Instead, we use natural ingredients
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Kingfisher is the UK's leading natural toothpaste. It contains no artificial colourings, flavourings, sweeteners or preservatives. Instead, we use natural ingredients..[/FONT][/COLOR]
    LOL - the Brit's teeth are legendary.

All good stuff! Transparency is great, isn't it? +rep for posting
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So, you use non-fluoride toothpaste then? Outstanding!

Why not use Crest?

It's got what teeth crave.

I have found that most "name Brand" tooth pastes like crest and arm and hammer have aspartame in them so I have to use brands that don't have that one ingredient in it. What really pissed me off about it is that many things called "food" have aspartame in it and they don't even have to list it as an ingredient.

Being that it makes me have terrible chest pains I have to know if I might be eating something with aspartame in it. I try to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible. I used to buy yogurt a lot when I work but so much of it has aspartame in it that the only kind I buy is plain whole milk yogurt if I buy it in store and I can just make that myself so mostly I don't buy it. Also, I don't buy anything that is called "fat free" or "sugar free" because I understand it to mean it has aspartame in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have found that most "name Brand" tooth pastes like crest and arm and hammer have aspartame in them so I have to use brands that don't have that one ingredient in it. What really pissed me off about it is that many things called "food" have aspartame in it and they don't even have to list it as an ingredient.

Being that it makes me have terrible chest pains I have to know if I might be eating something with aspartame in it. I try to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible. I used to buy yogurt a lot when I work but so much of it has aspartame in it that the only kind I buy is plain whole milk yogurt if I buy it in store and I can just make that myself so mostly I don't buy it. Also, I don't buy anything that is called "fat free" or "sugar free" because I understand it to mean it has aspartame in it.
    Fat free does not necessarily mean they add some artificial sweetener to it. "Sugar free" doesn't actually exist either- maybe "lower calorie" yogurts. Yogurt is made from milk which includes lactose which is a sugar (anything ending "ose" is a sugar). Anything containing fruit will add sugar from the fruits- naturally occurring sugars. "Low calorie" or "low sugar" yogurts may also use different artificial sweeteners besides aspartame- you will need to check the label. I think even Yoplait Light replaced aspartame with something different now.

You can just avoid any which say "light" or "reduced calorie".
    "Greek style" yogurts may have more protein in them but less calcium.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-15-2017 at 03:57 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huh... Where the fk is the diethylene glycol? Clearly Mr Cool has the sweeter product.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fat free does not necessarily mean they add some artificial sweetener to it. "Sugar free" doesn't actually exist either- maybe "lower calorie" yogurts. Yogurt is made from milk which includes lactose which is a sugar (anything ending "ose" is a sugar). Anything containing fruit will add sugar from the fruits- naturally occurring sugars. "Low calorie" or "low sugar" yogurts may also use different artificial sweeteners besides aspartame- you will need to check the label. I think even Yoplait Light replaced aspartame with something different now.

You can just avoid any which say "light" or "reduced calorie".
    "Greek style" yogurts may have more protein in them but less calcium.
    In my experience anything that says "fat free", "sugar free" or "low calorie" or anything that might imply "less" on the labeling I am going to have to avoid because of the potential that it has any artificial sweetener in it is too great for me to bother with it. I repeat they don't have to list artificial sweeteners on the label I have found this out the hard way. They might say something like: "This product may have ingredients not listed" on the label which I know for sure the ingredient they are ashamed to admit to is artificial sweetener.