Thread: Is Trump VP already getting off MAGA train and preparing for "Pence 2024"?

Exclamation Is Trump VP already getting off MAGA train and preparing for "Pence 2024"?

While Trump is busy trying to hold Deep State Neocons accountable, his VP is already planning to visit the very neocons puppet who backstabbed and humilated him publicly by endorsing Trump defeat while votes were still being counted? Or there is another plausible explanation for below move? Assuming this is not fakenews:

Pence to head overseas Jan. 6 hours after formally declaring Biden the presidential victor

Published Thu, Dec 17 2020
    Tucker Higgins

Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to travel overseas for the first time during the Covid-19 pandemic just hours after presiding over the congressional session in which President-elect Joe Biden will be formally declared the winner of November’s contest against President Donald Trump.
    The Indiana Republican will depart the U.S. on Jan. 6 for a trip that will include stops in Bahrain, Israel and Poland, according to a government document obtained by NBC News. Pence will remain abroad through Jan. 11.

It will also allow Pence, rumored to be harboring his own presidential ambitions, to get out of Washington after performing the awkward job of announcing his and Trump’s defeat to Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

cnbc.com/2020/12/17/pence-to-head-overseas-hours-after-declaring-biden-presidential-victor.html

Related

2020 Elections: After being backstabbed by neocons, Trump hires 'Neocon Slayer' in abrupt reversal

Marco Rubio may get primaried for failing to support Trump in "Stop The Steal"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's impossible, of course, since Trump is, has always been, and will always be the President.

...top off your victory gin?

I will never vote for that pos. Hes proven he loves vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    And Trump....doesn't?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Republicans aren't going to ever win another election again so preparing is pointless.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Republicans aren't going to ever win another election again so preparing is pointless.
    That belongs to my list of things I hear every election (albeit with the name of which party it's said about changing every 4 or 8 years).

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And Trump....doesn't?
    Billion Z Chess move, amirite?
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And Trump....doesn't?

It's always weird how Trumpers can excuse any flaw Trump has, and treat that exact same flaw as inexcusable when someone else has it.

I can understand feeling like you have to accept compromise and hold your nose to support the lesser of two evils. That's not where I am. But I've been there, and I get it. But I can't understand the double-standard that switches between being a purist and being a compromiser on the exact same issue, just depending on who you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That belongs to my list of things I hear every election (albeit with the name of which party it's said about changing every 4 or 8 years).
    Democrats are openly admitting they want to do mail in voting in all future elections from here on out and want to get rid of the electoral college. How exactly is any republican candidate, let alone a liberty candidate, supposed to win in that kind of environment?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's always weird how Trumpers can excuse any flaw Trump has, and treat that exact same flaw as inexcusable when someone else has it.
    Are you surprised? Welcome to reality. Humans are tribal and will excuse any flaws their in-group has, while demonizing those same flaws in the out-group. I understand that and I accept it. More people ought to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democrats are openly admitting they want to do mail in voting in all future elections from here on out and want to get rid of the electoral college. How exactly is any republican candidate, let alone a liberty candidate, supposed to win in that kind of environment?
    A liberty candidate won't stand a chance. The Republican Party will do just fine. Both major parties will shift accordingly in order to maintain the duopoly. Just like they've done for a century and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Are you surprised? Welcome to reality. Humans are tribal and will excuse any flaws their in-group has, while demonizing those same flaws in the out-group. I understand that and I accept it. More people ought to.
    Why accept something that's blatantly fallacious?

i dont expect pence require i get a vaccine .

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Yeah... Go Team!!

Why accept something that's blatantly fallacious?
    Because humans are inherently flawed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Patrick Byrne said yesterday that he was in the Oval Office and Trump is surrounded by traitors that Byrne wanted to "bitch slap".

Have a listen here: https://uncoverdc.com/2020/12/21/dar...the-president/

I can understand feeling like you have to accept compromise and hold your nose to support the lesser of two evils. That's not where I am. But I've been there, and I get it. But I can't understand the double-standard that switches between being a purist and being a compromiser on the exact same issue, just depending on who you're talking about.
    THIS. I seriously cannot understand how the same people who condemn vaccines will support Trump, who in his own words pushed hard for the development of vaccines, and in his own words rushed the process to get vaccines as quickly as possible.

The idea that we should support Trump while opposing Pence, who "loves vaccines", is utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    THIS. I seriously cannot understand how the same people who condemn vaccines will support Trump, who in his own words pushed hard for the development of vaccines, and in his own words rushed the process to get vaccines as quickly as possible.

The idea that we should support Trump while opposing Pence, who "loves vaccines", is utter nonsense.
    I'd say it's more nuanced than that. I may be wrong, but I believe I heard Trump once say that he opposes mandating vaccines.

As for vaccines, as much as I won't be taking this one because of my own risk/reward calculation, I am not blanketly opposed to vaccines. If a safe and effective vaccine does get developed (by the private sector with their own money), that's a good thing. And then people who want to take it can take it.

From a libertarian perspective, free choice is paramount. For example, while I fully support people growing and using marijuana, I don't use it myself (at this point ), and certainly wouldn't want a mandate to force me to use it.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about Pence. No doubt I would agree with Pence on many fiscal matters, but I'm pretty sure he will be more Mitch McConnell-US Chamber-MIC-teocon on most other issues.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'd say it's more nuanced than that. I may be wrong, but I believe I heard Trump once say that he opposes mandating vaccines.
    As, I'm sure, Pence does, as well. Pence lobbied against mandatory HPV vaccinations. The idea that Mike Pence "loves vaccines" while Trump hates them is more Trumpist fanfic.

As for vaccines, as much as I won't be taking this one because of my own risk/reward calculation, I am not blanketly opposed to vaccines. If a safe and effective vaccine does get developed (by the private sector with their own money), that's a good thing. And then people who want to take it can take it.

From a libertarian perspective, free choice is paramount. For example, while I fully support people growing and using marijuana, I don't use it myself (at this point ), and certainly wouldn't want a mandate to force me to use it.
    Same here: I don't want it to be mandatory, but I'm not opposed to a vaccine. I'll likely get it once I know it's reasonably safe. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but everyone knows this vaccine was rushed.

I'm pretty sure Pence also opposes mandating them.

Between the two of them, I'd say Trump's actions on Operation Warp Speed go farther in pushing vaccines, and in this case mandating the funding of them, than anything Pence has ever done.

RPF's top troll @enhanced_deficit got caught promoting neocons and is now desperately trying to change his discredited image by pretending to criticize them.

The Troll Academy is certainly not sending their best!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    RPF's top troll @enhanced_deficit got caught promoting neocons and is now desperately trying to change his discredited image by pretending to criticize them.

The Troll Academy is certainly not sending their best!
    All this insult $#@! makes YOU look bad- just stop.
    There is no spoon.

Been like that here since the Trump train started last campaign.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    While Trump is busy trying to hold Deep State Neocons accountable, his VP is already planning to visit the very neocons puppet who backstabbed and humilated him publicly by endorsing Trump defeat while votes were still being counted? Or there is another plausible explanation for below move? Assuming this is not fakenews:

Pence to head overseas Jan. 6 hours after formally declaring Biden the presidential victor

Published Thu, Dec 17 2020
    Tucker Higgins

Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to travel overseas for the first time during the Covid-19 pandemic just hours after presiding over the congressional session in which President-elect Joe Biden will be formally declared the winner of November’s contest against President Donald Trump.
    The Indiana Republican will depart the U.S. on Jan. 6 for a trip that will include stops in Bahrain, Israel and Poland, according to a government document obtained by NBC News. Pence will remain abroad through Jan. 11.

It will also allow Pence, rumored to be harboring his own presidential ambitions, to get out of Washington after performing the awkward job of announcing his and Trump’s defeat to Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

cnbc.com/2020/12/17/pence-to-head-overseas-hours-after-declaring-biden-presidential-victor.html

Related

2020 Elections: After being backstabbed by neocons, Trump hires 'Neocon Slayer' in abrupt reversal

Marco Rubio may get primaried for failing to support Trump in "Stop The Steal"

Yet more divide and conquer B U L L S H I T from the Fake News Media and the Anti-Trumpers.

They are getting extremely anxious because VP Pence WILL accept the GOP selected alternate EC electors from the battleground states and REJECT the ones sent by the TREASONOUS/SEDITIOUS DEMO RATS.

Mark my words
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Once again , "Pence 2024" noise in media.
    With increasing signs of rifts within neocons camp and two major groups turning on each other, this could put forever wars lobbies poodles like Andrew Adlers of Atlanta AJT in tough spot:

The Memo: Could Pence run and win in 2024?

By Niall Stanage - 12/25/20 06:34 PM EST

ice President Pence is in the top class of 2024 GOP contenders as the Trump era nears its end.The firm expectation across the Republican Party is that Pence will be a candidate in 2024, unless Trump runs again.

A Pence candidacy would have clear assets. Pence has given loyal service to Trump throughout the last four years, even as his personal demeanor is many miles removed from the president’s.

Theoretically, that would enable Pence to hold onto the Trump base while having a more expansive appeal. Pence’s boosters believe that he could do better with the white, college-educated suburban voters who broke away from Trump, with electorally decisive effects, in November’s election.

But there are plenty of GOP doubters when it comes to Pence’s chances of prevailing, too.

The skeptics question each pillar of the pro-Pence argument.
    They are dubious about his chance of bringing Trump voters to his side in a Republican primary, especially if other candidates are competing for that same swathe of voters.
    Pence’s chances of holding “MAGA Country” against more colorful figures like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) or Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), are middling at best, they say.
    Conversely, while Pence’s deep roots in the evangelical movement are an advantage in a Republican primary, his socially conservative strain of Christianity could limit his appeal to moderate voters.

It is questionable whether college-educated suburbanites will rally to a man with a deeply conservative view of LGBT issues and who famously refuses to dine alone with any woman other than his wife.

More broadly, there is the question of whether Pence really has the charisma and pizazz to mount a successful presidential bid of his own.

He won six terms as an Indiana congressman and served one term as the state’s governor. But his performance in that one statewide election, in 2012, was hardly spectacular. He won his race by 3 points on the same day GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney carried Indiana by almost 9 points.
    “It’s going to be a jammed field and he hasn’t really wow-ed anyone. He hasn’t really distinguished himself,” said one GOP strategist who requested anonymity to candidly discuss Pence’s chances.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/531372-the-memo-could-pence-run-and-win-in-2024

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    In his defense, he could be already campaigning for his 2024 run and such moves are a pre-requisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    All this insult $#@! makes YOU look bad- just stop.
    It's ok, leave him alone... passionate criticism even if rooted in misunderstanding/unfounded/exaggerated in discourse of ideas can lead to more stimulating discussions that in the end tend to incresae chances of unvarnished facts coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

It's ok, leave him alone... passionate criticism even if rooted in misunderstanding/unfounded/exaggerated in discourse of ideas can lead to more stimulating discussions that in the end tend to incresae chances of unvarnished facts coming out.
    I've had some great discussion with members on issues that we might not agree on, and have really appreciated them- some are my favorite posters, like @Anti Federalist. It's when it gets to just insults & no real dialog that I tend to get a bit fiery.
    There is no spoon.