Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taliban spokesperson says

Taliban spokesperson says

Peace deal with US has been finalized . On Afghan television 1TV , Suhail Shaheen stated this and said it should be official no later than Feb 29 .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Peace deal with US has been finalized . On Afghan television 1TV , Suhail Shaheen stated this and said it should be official no later than Feb 29 .
    Trump will have to stop bombing the sh1t out of them first and he won't stop so its unlikely to hold.

Sec of defense says planned right now would be reduce troops from 12 or 13K to 8k
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump will have to stop bombing the sh1t out of them first and he won't stop so its unlikely to hold.
    It appears a lot of effort has been put into this by Zalmay Kahlilzad and Mark Esper and others . I hope it goes through.
    Do something Danke

Anyway , I have a bottle of bourbon at my house for those guys . Sometimes effort should be awarded .
    Do something Danke

It appears a lot of effort has been put into this by Zalmay Kahlilzad and Mark Esper and others . I hope it goes through.
    A 'reduction of violence' is not a ceasefire. I would not trust Epser or Pompeo to adhere to it if I were the taliban. Neocons have a history of double crossing.

A 'reduction of violence' is not a ceasefire. I would not trust Epser or Pompeo to adhere to it if I were the taliban. Neocons have a history of double crossing.
    Well , that goes without saying . You cannot trust the Taliban , afghan govt or the US . The Taliban just wants to go back to the 7th century , the afghan govt does not want to be that poor and the US has no idea what it is doing . No trust on the table , just stop shooting for awhile.
    Do something Danke

I am hopeful it goes through . Get US troops out of there .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let them return to the dancing boys and repressed women . No reason for us to participate .
    Do something Danke

I am hopeful it goes through . Get US troops out of there .
    The neocons will never allow it. There is only talk of a reduction of troops to 8600 or so.The taliban want all of them out so the whole thing will fail again.

The neocons will never allow it. There is only talk of a reduction of troops to 8600 or so.The taliban want all of them out so the whole thing will fail again.
    I think the Taliban may agree to 8600 if there footprint is reduced to areas they do not control . Hopefully there will also be a withdrawal date set for those . It is a 33 percent reduction .
    Do something Danke

I think the Taliban may agree to 8600 if there footprint is reduced to areas they do not control . Hopefully there will also be a withdrawal date set for those . It is a 33 percent reduction .
    The problem is that the hardliners in the taliban will still continue to fight until their all gone..

It will be the last chance to get out under 20 years . If trump were to lose there will be no other chances for another decade .
    Do something Danke

Your prayers are requested for the success of the deal .
    Do something Danke

So I guess the Taliban have decided to allow poppy production going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    50/50 profit share.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Votes for Dem pres in primary and general elections will be votes to stay in Afghanistan another decade . As simple as that . Very disappointing people here are participating in that but , hey , humans are just a murderous species .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    In order to keep things neutral I would have suggested that be sub contracted to a third party .
    Do something Danke

Trump needs to do what it takes to bring this home .
    Do something Danke

"Peace deal" only calls for one week of "reduced violence"- not even a full cease-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Peace deal" only calls for one week of "reduced violence"- not even a full cease-fire.
    This deal is permanent to be approved by months end . The probationary period was set as conditional prior to this deal to see if the Taliban can resist killing for a few days .
    Do something Danke

This deal is permanent to be approved by months end . The probationary period was set as conditional prior to this deal to see if the Taliban can resist killing for a few days .
    The best and most well funded army in the world can't beat the ragheads who have AK-47's.

Why is that ?

The best and most well funded army in the world can't beat the ragheads who have AK-47's.

Why is that ?
    Most are not likely to win guerilla war on others home turf . A standing army is meant to engage other standing armies .
    Do something Danke

If not, maybe next Feb 29.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most are not likely to win guerilla war on others home turf . A standing army is meant to engage other standing armies .
    A historical truth.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Why is that ?
    That's because we're not trying to win the war. We're trying to prolong it on taxpayers dime.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That's just the first phase, they will all leave.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I am going to cautiously have a beer to celebrate the new peace accord .
    Do something Danke

I'll Celebrate with some Afghani Hash.. if it is ever available again..

Haven't seen any since Russia invaded.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I'll Celebrate with some Afghani Hash.. if it is ever available again..

Haven't seen any since Russia invaded.
    We do not have a hashish emoji .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast