Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity in Dorner hunt

Cops opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity in Dorner hunt

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."
    cont
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3955268.story

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "These people need training and they need restraint.'
    They need to be put on a very short leash, if not caged outright.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They need to be put on a very short leash, if not caged outright.
    Andy had it right.........

This is pure bull$#@!, I don't think those cops thought he was Dorner at all. This is turning into a look what happens when someone screws with the cops show of violence.
    "The Patriarch"

So, they feel compelled to put a stop to this guy because he's giving them all a bad name. But no one man could possibly give them as bad a reputation as the lot of them running around in a headless chicken manner acting like driving a pickup truck (seemingly any pickup truck) is a capital offense.

Keep it up, guys. You're about to make Jordan Dorner look like the very best your department has to offer. At least his insanity didn't endanger the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is pure bull$#@!, I don't think those cops thought he was Dorner at all. This is turning into a look what happens when someone screws with the cops show of violence.
    This is just a preview of what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    This is just a preview of what's to come.
    I think you're right.

This is no case of mistaken identity, it's a show of force.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 02-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

There was already a well publicized situation where innocent people were shot. If they don't look at actual license numbers before ARRESTING much less SHOOTING after that, afaiak they are criminal.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently the LAPD ass clowns also raided a dental office on a phone tip. 3 minute response time. Now I'm no criminal psychologist but I doubt Dorners gonna show up for a root canal any time soon. He's making them look rediculous.
    Last edited by kathy88; 02-10-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Sounds like the cops are making the fugitive into a folk hero without any help from the media...

Surely one of the higher-ups realizes how foolishly inept behavior like this is...

The appalling thing is they don't care..

What will the locals do?

Cower in the corner is my bet...

Yeah, but DHS is in the sheriff's office. I don't want them riding to the rescue, either.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sounds like the cops are making the fugitive into a folk hero without any help from the media...
    There is a Facebook Fan page.

In fact it is the only Facebook page I found associated with him.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris...22595954585025
    Public Figure
    Chris Dorner is the hero LA deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, watchful protector against corruption, he's our Dark Knight.
    correction; And one more,,
    https://www.facebook.com/WeAreAllChrisDorner
    We Are All Chris Dorner
    Christopher Jordan Dorner is the victim of a manhunt and smear campaign. 5 years ago he was fired from the LAPD for seeking to expose corruption within it...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

He'll probably be getting a new truck soon........

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/us...case.html?_r=0

Chief Beck met with the two women on Saturday and told them that the department had arranged for the donation of a new truck for them, Cmdr. Andrew Smith said.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Aww, that's very touching.

Who's paying for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Who's paying for it?
    Sounds like it was a donation. Possibly from a cop friendly dealership otherwise I would imagine the dealership would rather the publicity.

Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck, Smith said. The truck will be donated early this week.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...190568921.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-10-2013 at 10:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Surely one of the higher-ups realizes how foolishly inept behavior like this is...

The appalling thing is they don't care..

What will the locals do?

Cower in the corner is my bet...
    From the looks of it, it seems they are taking an us vs. them mentality and everyone who isn't law enforcement is the enemy. They want this guy at all costs and will cause damage to anyone and everyone who seems to be in their way.

I'm betting that if Dorner had declared his war on one of the motorcycle clubs or street gangs this would already be over with no cost to the tax-payer....

Alphabet agencies and cops shown for their true abilities in the light of day..

Protecting and serving the residents of Cal....

Sounds like it was a donation. Possibly from a cop friendly dealership otherwise I would imagine the dealership would rather the publicity.
    Narcotics division. There was a roach in the ashtray.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Narcotics division. There was a roach in the ashtray.
    Probably still is. They'll make a bust after the frenzy has died down.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah, but DHS is in the sheriff's office. I don't want them riding to the rescue, either.
    at the very least, the DHS office works as a domestic spy for the federal government. it reports anything of interest to D.C.
    that creeps me out.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Time to put all that ammo homeland security bought to use.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm betting that if Dorner had declared his war on one of the motorcycle clubs or street gangs this would already be over with no cost to the tax-payer....
    I doubt he has declared war on anyone. I believe that "manifesto" was concocted bull$#@!. (in entirety)

If he was at war there would be a lot more casualties over the last few days. He has had plenty of time and opportunity to bait and ambush if that was his intent.

I believe he is just trying to survive.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Time to put all that ammo homeland security bought to use.
    Think of all the citizens that can be "protected and served" with a million rounds

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These officers who fired their weapons at innocent motorists without any good reason should be charged with attempted homicide.
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

I doubt he has declared war on anyone. I believe that "manifesto" was concocted bull$#@!. (in entirety)

If he was at war there would be a lot more casualties over the last few days. He has had plenty of time and opportunity to bait and ambush if that was his intent.

I believe he is just trying to survive.
    Could very well be....I'm out here in the Ozark backwoods gleaning my information through the RPF filters...

About all that I'd believe from the MSM is that cops of every stripe are looking for some big black ex-cop.....

I am no detective but, if I was on a case like this one I might consider thst the suspect may have already ditched the vehicle. If I was on a cop killing spree I would get rid of the vehicle I was tied to.

The LAPD are FURTHER endangering themselves with their actions, and hence, the public whom they were sworn to protect. There should have at LEAST been immediate public apologies instead of a statement from the police chief that the incident of the LAPD shooting at two innocent women was "unfortunate" and an "apparent" case of mistaken identity. What does that even mean - an apparent case of mistaken identity? They never even sought to identify the occupants - a small 71-year-old hispanic woman hardly resembles a 6-ft. tall, 270 lb., black male. The vehicle and license plates didn't match (in either shooting incident). There was no reasonable attempt at identifying the suspects so how can the chief even make that statement. This is all so crazy.

My concern is, seeing how they use every incident to forward their agenda, that they will try to use this as an excuse for drones. "If only we had drones, we could have found Dorner in the Big Bear forest and saved the tax payers lots of money." Hope I am wrong about these, but nothing surprises me anymore and with cities like Seattle, and states like Viriginia, taking stands, well ....
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

The cops in the first shooting have been put on paid administrative leave. Shoot a mundane, keep your job.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    The cops in the first shooting have been put on paid administrative leave. Shoot a mundane, keep your job.
    I don't see how that blood bath could possibly be justified. When you can't even tell that the 200+ lb. black man you are looking for in a different truck with a different license is actually two petite Latino women, you clearly aren't making an attempt to bring the guy in alive, to put it mildly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast