Thread: Trump endorses Thomas Massie: "First-rate Defender of the Constitution"

Trump endorses Thomas Massie: "First-rate Defender of the Constitution"

Trump endorses Kentucky congressman he once denounced

By BRUCE SCHREINER
    May 10, 2022

U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie is back in the good graces of Donald Trump, who declared two years ago that the Kentucky maverick should be thrown out of the Republican Party.

Massie won Trump’s endorsement Tuesday ahead of the Bluegrass State’s primary election next week. In a statement, Trump referred to the libertarian-minded congressman as a “Conservative Warrior” and a “first-rate Defender of the Constitution.”

It’s quite a turnaround from March 2020, when Trump denounced Massie as a “third rate Grandstander” for trying to stall a sweeping $2.2 trillion coronavirus aid package.

While his maneuver failed, Massie’s action forced hundreds of lawmakers to return to the Capitol after a nearly two-week recess — contradicting the wishes of public health experts who were urging people to keep a safe social distance from one another to avoid exacerbating the pandemic.

At the time, Trump called Massie “a disaster for America, and for the Great State of Kentucky!” and urged GOP leaders to “throw Massie out of Republican Party!″

read more:
    https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...0e703a72b85630

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Endorsement of Congressman Thomas Massie

05/10/22

Congressman Thomas Massie is a Conservative Warrior for Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District! An MIT graduate and a first-rate Defender of the Constitution, Thomas fights hard to Protect your Liberties, especially the First and Second Amendments, which are under siege by the Radical Left. Strong on the Border and our Military and Vets, Thomas Massie has my Complete and Total Endorsement!
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-3k4he5taap0

Trump / Massie 2024
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump had to do this. He got a huge ear-full from his own supporters for one of the most bone-headed moves ever in US politics (the denunciation of Massie). Signing the stimulus' and COVID relief bills, was equally as bone-headed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Massie was already well under way to win reelection despite Trump's endorsement, but nevertheless his endorsement now cements it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Massie was already well under way to win reelection despite Trump's endorsement, but nevertheless his endorsement now cements it.
    It improves your "track record" when you endorse candidates that are pretty much guaranteed to win. And don't forget, endorsements can be reciprocal...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Well, there it is... from third rate Grandstander to First-rate Defender of the Constitution. We certainly knew that latter part.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

This goes to show that Trump thinks that people have goldfishesque attention spans.

He's probably right.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First rate defender of the constitution, but only a 3rd rate grandstander? Massie really needs to work on his grandstanding skills.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    First rate defender of the constitution, but only a 3rd rate grandstander? Massie really needs to work on his grandstanding skills.
    He needs to go to the Senate I think where he can really hone his grandstanding skills.

Good. Because Rep. Thomas Massie is my most favorite politician.

Donald flip-flopped? Unpossible. Doesn't happen. Must be some 46D chess move that we'll see the benefit of in 2052.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Donald flip-flopped? Unpossible. Doesn't happen. Must be some 46D chess move that we'll see the benefit of in 2052.
    It's not a flip flop. Trump is more careful with his words than he is sometimes given credit for.

It may well be the case that he still believes Massie has a lot of room for improvement in the quality of his grandstanding.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    He needs to go to the Senate I think where he can really hone his grandstanding skills.
    The Turtle has to be replaced at some point. The sooner the better.

Well at least he did make a gesture towards liberty which is good. Trump needs to acknowledge the Constitution and it's supporters as much as possible they will make or break him. I also hope he will help get rid of Liz Cheney we don't need any of the group that holds her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Well at least he did make a gesture towards liberty which is good. Trump needs to acknowledge the Constitution and it's supporters as much as possible they will make or break him. I also hope he will help get rid of Liz Cheney we don't need any of the group that holds her up.
    The tiny percentage of constitutionalists among American voters won't be what makes or breaks Trump.

Trump ran in 2016, both in the GOP primaries and in the general election, as a staunch anti-constitutionalist, and he was rewarded with the White House for it. If he flip flops too much on that, he will lose too much of his base of support to win in 2024.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Trump likes winners. And Massie would have won with or without his endorsement.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Turtle has to be replaced at some point. The sooner the better.
    Would be nice if The Turtle came out and said after the midterms that he won't be the Senate Majority leader and give the reins to someone else.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge