Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawmakers agree on $1T plan government-wide funding bill

Lawmakers agree on $1T plan government-wide funding bill

No money for wall.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans and Democrats have reached agreement on a huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September, but denies President Donald Trump money for a southern border wall and rejects his proposed cuts to popular domestic programs.

Aides to lawmakers involved in the talks disclosed the agreement Sunday night after weeks of negotiations. The measure, which is expected to be made public early Monday, would fund the day-to-day operations of virtually every federal agency through September.

The catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during Trump’s short tenure in the White House. While losing on the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military.

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/news/lawmakers-agree-on-1t-plan-government-wide-funding-bill/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

$1-T?

The motherfuckers are in the hole!

Start producing and STOP spending.

Lawmakers settle on $1T plan to avoid US gov't shutdown
    BY ANDREW TAYLOR
    Associated Press

Lawmakers on Monday unveiled a huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September but would deny President Donald Trump money for a border wall and rejects his proposed cuts to popular domestic programs.

The 1,665-page bill agreed to on Sunday is the product of weeks of negotiations. It was made public in the predawn hours Monday and is tentatively scheduled for a House vote on Wednesday.

The catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during Trump's short tenure in the White House. While losing on funding for the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military, though that too fell short of what he requested.

The measure funds the remainder of the 2017 budget year, through Sept. 30, rejecting cuts to popular domestic programs targeted by Trump such as medical research and infrastructure grants.

Successful votes later this week would also clear away any remaining threat of a government shutdown — at least until the Oct. 1 start of the 2018 budget year. Trump has submitted a partial 2018 budget promising a whopping $54 billion, 10 percent increase for the Pentagon from current levels, financed by cutting to foreign aid and other nondefense programs by an equal amount. Negotiators on the pending measure, however, rejected a smaller $18 billion package of cuts and instead slightly increased funding for domestic programs.

Democrats were quick to praise the deal.

"This agreement is a good agreement for the American people, and takes the threat of a government shutdown off the table," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a key force in the talks. "The bill ensures taxpayer dollars aren't used to fund an ineffective border wall, excludes poison pill riders, and increases investments in programs that the middle class relies on, like medical research, education and infrastructure."

Democrats played a strong hand in the talks since their votes are needed to pass the bill, even though Republicans control both the White House and Congress. As a result, the measure doesn't look much different than the deal that could have been struck on President Barack Obama's watch last year.

Read more here: hxxp://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article147784814.html#storylink=cpy
    Among the final issues resolved was a Democratic request to help the cash-strapped government of Puerto Rico with its Medicaid burden, a top Pelosi priority.
    GOP leaders decided against trying to use the must-do spending bill to "defund" Planned Parenthood. The White House also backed away from language to take away grants from "sanctuary cities" that do not share information about people's immigration status with federal authorities. Trump's request for additional immigration agents was denied and the IRS budget would be frozen at $11.6 billion.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 05-01-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

Goddamn 3-d chess is so confusing. So is this "winning"?

So much winning
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "tentatively scheduled for a House vote on Wednesday"
    A Dem bill gets passed to fund the last five months of the fiscal year for $1T

are they saying a government shut down is a threat?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    A Dem bill gets passed to fund the last five months of the fiscal year for $1T
    IT seems that trump figured out how to make the media like him; wage war and spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    IT seems that trump figured out how to make the media like him; wage war and spend money.
    They get all warm and fuzzy over it.
    "The Patriarch"

I swear it seems that ever since he launched those missiles in Syria the media has been much nicer to him.

That being said, the next election cycle the media will attack him for "war mongering".

No money for wall.
    Well duh, Mexico is going to pay for it. :P
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

A billion here, a billion there and soon you are talking about serious money.

Democrats were quick to praise the deal.
    By definition if democrats like a spending plan, it's a bad plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That being said, the next election cycle the media will attack him for "war mongering".
    No they won't.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No they won't.
    Yeah, instead, he will be awarded a peace prize.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now wait, I'm confused.

#MAGA or...... wait wuh?

Last edited by jllundqu; 05-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No they won't.
    I'll bet they will. Remember the first Bush and his "Read my lips, no new taxes?". The media thought it was great when he raises taxes but they killed him the next election.

...huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund most government operations through September

...Trump won a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military

...slightly increased funding for domestic programs

@dannno

I'll bet they will. Remember the first Bush and his "Read my lips, no new taxes?". The media thought it was great when he raises taxes but they killed him the next election.
    No they won't. (Bush's "no new taxes" bull$#@! is completely irrelevant. It has nothing to do with anything.)

The idea that the MSM will turn on Trump for being a "warmonger" is just absurd and ridiculous.

They might go after him for just about anything else, but not that.

The extent to which Trump is a "warmonger" is the extent to which they will praise him and egg him on.

That is exactly why, as you yourself said earlier, "it seems that ever since he launched those missiles in Syria the media has been much nicer to him."

If Trump was an anti-war "isolationist," THEN they would squeal like stuck pigs. But he's not and they won't. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    This is brutal. I am not sure we should be doing this to other members.

Goddamn 3-d chess is so confusing. So is this "winning"?
    Well , clearly the public is losing since all proposed cuts were denied .
    Do something Danke

By definition if democrats like a spending plan, it's a bad plan.
    Correct , that means increases and no decreases because the staff read it and told them.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Correct , that means increases and no decreases because the staff read it and told them.
    Spending is an equal opportunity sport these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Spending is an equal opportunity sport these days.
    Everybody likes cash.

How come these $#@!ers get to spend more than they earn?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , clearly the public is losing since all proposed cuts were denied .
    Well, here's hoping that the GOP base finally wakes up. They've been wanting both houses of Congress and the Presidency in order to "get things done" and they finally got it. Maybe now they'll see there isn't a difference between the parties? Hoping?

I mean, they gave GWB a pass since, y'know, 9-11 and all... What's Trump's excuse? North Korea? Syrian goat herders?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, here's hoping that the GOP base finally wakes up. They've been wanting both houses of Congress and the Presidency in order to "get things done" and they finally got it. Maybe now they'll see there isn't a difference between the parties? Hoping?

I mean, they gave GWB a pass since, y'know, 9-11 and all... What's Trump's excuse? North Korea? Syrian goat herders?
    Nobody wants to disrupt the delicate 34D chess game being played.

GOP Presidency - Check
    GOP Senate - Check
    GOP House of Reps - Check
    GOP SCOTUS - Check
    $20 Trillion Debt

Not a $#@! was given, now pay up!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

"This is all just ruse to oust Paul Ryan.... Trump 'let' this bill pass to box Ryan in so he can force him out after backlash.... I'm tellin ya!"

- Diogenes of Sinope

I swear to god....

Would someone please post a $#@!ing primer on how to post a tweet from twitter????? It's like $#@!ing organic chemistry for Christ's sake.

I think I see where @dannno is getting his source material. Bill Mitchell said this just moments ago!

I fully believe Trump allowed this POS 5 month budget to go through to once and for all finish Ryan and the feckless Establishment GOP.
    Last edited by jllundqu; 05-01-2017 at 10:58 AM.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast