Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch McConnell: "We Are Open To Gun Control Suggestions"

Exclamation Mitch McConnell: "We Are Open To Gun Control Suggestions"

Republicans can't be trusted!

McConnell says he MIGHT be "open" to "serious suggestions" on new gun control measures after meeting with Comey, Johnson tomorrow. – Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) June 14, 2016

"Nobody wants terrorists to have firearms," says McConnell. "We're open to serious suggestions from the experts" who run FBI/DHS. – Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) June 14, 2016

SOURCE:

http://drudgetoday.com/v2/r?n=0&s=2&...-with-the-fbi/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this not a reasonable comment from the senate majority leader?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Republicans can't be trusted!
    ]
    just now learning that?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    You'd think he would remember his oath of office...

Mitch McConnell: "We Are Open To Gun Control Suggestions"
    The mass murder occurred in yet another "Gun Free Zone". These mass murderers specifically pick locales where the victims are likely to be defenseless.
    Gun Free Zones are pre-prepared mass killing zones.

Every one of the victims was unarmed and defenseless. Whenever you read a headline or hear a news story that the assailant killed 50 victims, insert the word "unarmed." The assailant killed 50 unarmed/disarmed victims.

So Mitch wants to consider suggestions to make more people into unarmed and potential defenseless victims.

[P.S. the one factor most in common among these mass murderers (although the MSM fails to report on it) is their use of psychoactive medications. Mateen's ex-wife reports he was bipolar and mentally ill. I am curious what medications Mateen was on.]
    Last edited by AZJoe; 06-15-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

LOL... Dont worry, Trump will make Mitch great again. LOL... fkn republicans.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    The mass murder occurred in yet another "Gun Free Zone". These mass murderers specifically pick locales where the victims are likely to be defenseless.
    Gun Free Zones are pre-prepared mass killing zones.

Every one of the victims was unarmed and defenseless. Whenever you read a headline or hear a news story that the assailant killed 50 victims, insert the word "unarmed." The assailant killed 50 unarmed/disarmed victims.

So Mitch wants to consider suggestions to make more people into unarmed and potential defenseless victims.

[P.S. the one factor most in common among these mass murderers (although the MSM fails to report on it) is their use of psychoactive medications. Mateen's ex-wife reports he was bipolar and mentally ill. I am curious what medications Mateen was on.]
    Oh, that's only the half of it. Not only did this incident demonstrate how vulnerable a disarmed populace is, it demonstrated how incompetent government is to keep guns out of the hands of the unbalanced.

Remember, this guy received a license to carry through Wackenhut, despite having been investigated--twice--by the FBI.

The government isn't trying to get guns out of the hands of the imbalanced, it's trying to ensure only the unbalanced have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

flood BOTH houses of Congress with “NO GUN CONTROL, NO DEALS” petitions. It’s urgent you sign right below right away.

https://nagr.org/2016/NAGR_NoDeals2016_p.aspx?pid=2b

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People need to get over this 2nd amendment crap. You don't need an assault rifle in your house to protect you. If you want an assault rifle, join the army like everyone else. If Uncle Sam has any left over after supplying terrorists with them, you can probably get one.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Even if someone goes clubbing and feels comfortable taking a pistol with them, what are they going to do in the face of a shooter with a Rifle like the AR-15 carrying more rounds?

Not only that, but I expect most people going to a club will be drinking alcohol. I don't think any sensible person should be carrying firearms when they know they could be drunk.

Wasn't Matt Collins all up on Mitch when Rand Paul was? Maybe Mitch is playing chess not checkers Matt???
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Even if someone goes clubbing and feels comfortable taking a pistol with them, what are they going to do in the face of a shooter with a Rifle like the AR-15 carrying more rounds?
    If I'm behind him, I can take out a guy with an AR-15 with a bar stool or a pool cue.

I could take out a guy firing a Howitzer with a .22, if he doesn't know I'm there. Or if he's dumb enough to try to shoot me first, instead of ducking behind cover.

The bad guys need rounds. If there's only one bad guy, then the good guy only needs one bullet (if he can shoot).
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-15-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Not only that, but I expect most people going to a club will be drinking alcohol. I don't think any sensible person should be carrying firearms when they know they could be drunk.
    Best suggestion I've heard is to arm random employees - arm a bar tender, a couple security guard/bouncers, DJ or one of the sound guys, manager, waitress if she is comfortable. Lots of options.

One person can still take out someone with an AR if they don't see them, but if there are multiple armed people in a crowded room that brings a lot of opportunity for those who are armed.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    LOL... Dont worry, Trump will make Mitch great again. LOL... fkn republicans.
    Only God could make Mitch great and I have a silver eagle against it .

People should not go places where they cannot carry .Those places should be put out of business.

Stop the attack with the pistol. You get him as soon as possible, or he WILL get you. "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast", you take care of it, because you already had a plan for your safety when you walked in, and loony-guy currently has other things on his mind.

Substitute "drunk" with "incapacitated", or "weakened". Now the pistol again becomes the equalizer it is meant to be.

If I'm a club owner, I have a policy in place already to try to avoid any mishaps that come from over indulgence. If I'm a club patron, I am probably enjoying a club that I already feel relatively safe in.

In my younger years, I had found myself leaving a good number of private party scenes because of the potential for violence.

The market works.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Define "terrorists". A few years ago that included Ron Paul supporters, anyone with a pocket constitution or "patriot" materials and a slew of other Americans. The terrorist no fly list is infamous for listing scores of innocent people. It had something like a million people on it a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    flood BOTH houses of Congress with “NO GUN CONTROL, NO DEALS” petitions. It’s urgent you sign right below right away.

https://nagr.org/2016/NAGR_NoDeals2016_p.aspx?pid=2b
    Signed.

Call the Senators and tell them to vote against "No Fly No Buy"

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

I urge you to oppose "No fly No buy"! This bill would prevent people who have mistakenly put on the No fly list, with no way of knowing how or why they were put on it, from exercising their Second Amendment rights

Please oppose "No Fly No Buy"!

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Call the Senators and tell them to vote against "No Fly No Buy"

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

Saw a FL congressman on FOX (I think) who has introduced legislation about this. I can't recall his name but think he's going to run for Rubio's seat. His bill gives everyone the right to challenge the 'terrorist' designation, the government 10 days to provide a reason for anyone being denied and a court hearing must make a determination in 30 days. I can see it now... feds will cry national security to not provide the documentation demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    People need to get over this 2nd amendment crap. You don't need an assault rifle in your house to protect you. If you want an assault rifle, join the army like everyone else. If Uncle Sam has any left over after supplying terrorists with them, you can probably get one.
    Don't forget Uncle Sam supplying them to the Mexican drug lords. You can't make this stuff up!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Shoot him when he's reloading? Even with an AR-15 you can't shoot 100 people without reloading. Shoot him when he's shooting someone else across the room?

Right. Those 49 people are just better off dead.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Best suggestion I've heard is to arm random employees - arm a bar tender, a couple security guard/bouncers, DJ or one of the sound guys, manager, waitress if she is comfortable. Lots of options.

One person can still take out someone with an AR if they don't see them, but if there are multiple armed people in a crowded room that brings a lot of opportunity for those who are armed.
    Yep. There are a lot of people who go to clubs and don't drink. Even among the patrons. They're called "designated drivers." Nothing wrong with "designated shooters."

How many people did the police shoot?

How many did Mateen shoot? if any.

I have no idea about other irrelevant side issues,, who is gay, who is foreign, and who is lying. so what.

How many (admittedly a few) people did the Police Kill and Wound?

Worse Mass shooting in US history...? Courtesy of your government.

Remember,, the patsy was also a government contractor.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Okay this to me seems reasonable. I don't think people going clubbing are in a state of mind to be ready to draw a weapon, especially if they've been drinking.

Can't a place be a Gun Free Zone regarding the customers while having the exception for the owner and employees? Maybe have armed bouncers? This seems reasonable as the staff are sober and also serving the customers so they're more aware of who is in the club and how people are behaving.

Okay this to me seems reasonable. I don't think people going clubbing are in a state of mind to be ready to draw a weapon, especially if they've been drinking.

Can't a place be a Gun Free Zone regarding the customers while having the exception for the owner and employees? Maybe have armed bouncers? This seems reasonable as the staff are sober and also serving the customers so they're more aware of who is in the club and how people are behaving.
    Years ago,, when I was able. I Open Carried.

And though I did not get "drunk" while armed. I was armed while drinking.

Bar owner showed me where house guns were,, appreciated that I carried mine Openly. (most did so concealed/illegally)

I was asked not to carry in one establishment. and I respected that and never spent another penny there.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-15-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ya it would be up to the property owner.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So after last night's sort-of filibuster, anyone just waiting for these gun proposals to:

a. Not pass
    b. Barely pass
    c. Pass, but then die in the House

Ya it would be up to the property owner.
    What arms I conceal and carry as a FREE MAN are up to me and me alone.

A property owner has the right to search patrons,
    the right to demand the way patrons present themselves at the establishment,
    the right to evict deemed trespassers...
    but never the right to disarm any free man.

Checking (or failing to check) one's weapons is a gentleman's agreement that should never carry the weight of law amongst a free people.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

Checking (or failing to check) one's weapons is a gentleman's agreement that should never carry the weight of law amongst a free people.
    and Amen.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast