Thread: Study Finds That Dogs Obey Women More

Study Finds That Dogs Obey Women More

Ever wonder why all the princesses in fairy tales have such a great rapport with animals? A 2017 study that is resurfacing online has concluded that, although we can't actually speak to our furry friends like they do in Disney flicks, in real life, women are actually more fluent in "dog" than men. And as a result, dogs are often more obedient to women than their male counterparts.

In the experiment, which was published in the journal Royal Society of Open Science, researchers recorded the sound of nearly 20 dogs growling in different scenarios — guarding food from other dogs, playing tug of war, or feeling threatened by an approaching stranger — and had a small sample of 40 people attempt to identify the context of the growl.
    On the whole, humans were good at associating the correct growls with the correct root emotion. But two types of people — women and those participants who were particularly experienced with dogs — consistently scored higher in this task.

More at: https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Dogs-O...n-Men-44639589

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps its because younger males are "too damn nice"? I have no problem getting my dogs to obey, and the males of the next generation are taught to be obedient followers, which means they can not be leaders, even of dogs. Im refraining from calling the young males of the millennial generation "Men" because for the most part, they have yet to earn that title.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Perhaps its because younger males are "too damn nice"? I have no problem getting my dogs to obey, and the males of the next generation are taught to be obedient followers, which means they can not be leaders, even of dogs. Im refraining from calling the young males of the millennial generation "Men" because for the most part, they have yet to earn that title.
    The study wasn't about getting the dogs to obey, it was about translating their growls into english.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The study wasn't about getting the dogs to obey, it was about translating their growls into english.
    I can translate easily.

Growling = "Squirrel"!
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It was about both.
    @DamianTV is probably one of those men with a natural aptitude for dog training, it has nothing to do with
    younger males are "too damn nice"
    it has to do with ESP in my opinion, animals and women are generally more attuned to ESP than men (women's intuition) so they communicate better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It was about both.
    @<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=9490" target="_blank">DamianTV</a></u> is probably one of those men with a natural aptitude for dog training, it has nothing to do with it has to do with ESP in my opinion, animals and women are generally more attuned to ESP than men (women's intuition) so they communicate better.
    Some of it can be attributed to being natural. I grew up with very large dogs, which Im sure played a key factor. For the part that did not come naturally, theres always Cesar Millan...

I dont believe in ESPN but I do believe in being able to read a dogs Body Language.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Some of it can be attributed to being natural. I grew up with very large dogs, which Im sure played a key factor. For the part that did not come naturally, theres always Cesar Millan...

I dont believe in ESPN but I do believe in being able to read a dogs Body Language.
    Body language is good and the article said that "those participants who were particularly experienced with dogs" did as well as women, but the women aren't body language experts and it wasn't just the women who were experienced with dogs, there is definitely an ESP element.

P.S. I've been told (and had some anecdotal experience with my dogs) that females are easier to train so that would help the ESP theory as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    women are generally more attuned to ESP than men (women's intuition) so they communicate better.
    2:10

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never have had much problems with all the bird dogs I have had . They listen at least as well as Mrs O and never get made if I make a mistake .

It's not just dogs that have a special connection with women. According to this study, cats "adore and manipulate women."

The people doing these studies have too much time and money on their hands.

Researchers at the University of York put dogs in rooms with people saying different types of phrases and using two different types of speech.
    They found that the dogs preferred to spend time with the people who spoke using a high-pitched emotional voice saying phrases that specifically relate to dogs.

More at: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/0...pitched-voice/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If two of our dogs are in a scrap and my wife does her usual "no no no" dance, they seem to be encouraged to continue. When I come into the room and start "giving them guidance" the fight is over right now and tails drop in surrender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.