Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe this atrocity could win Ron the Florida voters:

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    If Alex Jones is saying it, nobody else will be. Nobody on the planet considers infowars a credible news source. Even when Jones is right, he's wrong because he so often hypes things that turn out to be non-stories to everyone but Ron supporters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    If Alex Jones is saying it, nobody else will be. Nobody on the planet considers infowars a credible news source. Even when Jones is right, he's wrong because he so often hypes things that turn out to be non-stories to everyone but Ron supporters.
    Don't link to InfoWars then.

The best thing he does is provide links to other places reporting it. I just use those to help back up claims because once people see "InfoWars," right or wrong their mind shuts.
    Mother should I trust the government?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick-in-the-Wall View Post
    Don't link to InfoWars then.

The best thing he does is provide links to other places reporting it. I just use those to help back up claims because once people see "InfoWars," right or wrong their mind shuts.
    That's kind of my point. Alex Jones is never going to report anything that gets media traction. And tying Ron to Alex, who is not really interested in helping Ron or anyone but himself, is a mistake.

I wish the educated people on this forum would drop the Florida Chamber of Commerse MEME that says "Florida is an Old People State".

I hear people talk about Florida as being "nothing but old people" and other similar type phrases that characterize the marjority of Florida's population as retirees and old people and this is just flat wrong.

If you want to get educated about Florida, and not swallow the Real Estate and Chamber of Commerce catch phrases to attract older people to this state, a good place to start is downloading this excel file from the census. http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0016.xls

He is some cursory research provided for you.

Median age is 40.7 which ranks 5th. Florida is NOT the state with the oldest median population!
    "over 65" population ranks 2nd. Florida is NOT the state with the MOST "over 65 population!
    "45-54" ranks 4th, "55-64" ranks 3rd
    "55-59" ranks 4th, "60-64" ranks 3rd
    "65-74" ranks 2nd
    "75-84" ranks 2nd
    "85+" ranks 2nd

THE ONLY category that Florida Ranks the Highest is a percentage based category!
    17.3 PERCENT of the population in Florida is over 65.

What exactly does that say? Well I will tell you what it DOES NOT SAY.
    It doesn't say that there are MORE old people than young people.

So what about young people in Florida?

"18-24" Ranks 4th - That is equal to the 11th (North Carolina) and 12th (Virginia) ranked states "18-24" COMBINED
    "25-34" Ranks 4th - That is ALSO equal to the 11th (Michigan) and 12th (New Jersey) ranked states "25-34" COMBINED
    "35-44" Ranks 4th - Ditto the above

Florida has 6.5 MILLION People "18-44" That is more than the TOTAL populations of 36 STATES!
    Florida has 4 MILLION People "18-34" That is more than the TOTAL populations of 24 STATES!

As a percentage of TOTAL USA population "18-44" (5.7%), "18-34"(5.6%), "18-24"(5.7%) Ranks 4th.

Florida just 1 of 43 States that has "45+" GREATER THAN "18-44". In other words, only 7 states have "18-44" populations larger than "45+"

Yes, Florida does have a higher ratio of "45+" : "18-44" my question is...

SO WHAT? Almost every state has a higher ratio. This does not mean that the other statistics in regards to the YOUTH in this state should be ignored! That is just ludicrous!

ESPECIALLY in a campaign that touts the youth vote!

Come on people, you are smart, lose the meme and stop ostricizing the VAST majority of your peers if YOU are YOUNG and do NOT live in FLORIDA!

Quote Originally Posted by floridasun1983 View Post
    As a life long Florida resident, I can tell you Ron Paul has support here. I saw a group of 25 of 30 people in Pensacola waving signs for Dr. Paul several weeks ago. The campaign can do well here, but they've got to make a big effort IMHO.
    The problem is making a big effort in FLA costs a helluva lot of money, and we would have to win, because it is winner-take-all. It's just not worth it, in a state that, IMHO, we have zero chance of winning in a primary.
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt23g View Post
    The problem is making a big effort in FLA costs a helluva lot of money, and we would have to win, because it is winner-take-all. It's just not worth it, in a state that, IMHO, we have zero chance of winning in a primary.
    Worth what? Seriously. Assuming that Ron Paul's campaign goes down that road that seems to be the concensus "IMHO", do you think that is an effective strategy in the other key areas of campaign performance?

Yes, trade in the fact that no delegates can be won. Along with that, trade in any kind of momentum that can be gained over the next 2 weeks. Trade in any kind of expectation that the Florida activist will want to continue trying to fund raise for what is effectively an invisible candidate, trade in any kind of media coverage other than, "Ron Paul doesn't have the resources to compete on the largest political stage", EXPECT to get relentless attacks from the Florida media whom the campaign will ignore, expect the debates to have anti-Paul crowds, expect the Florida newspapers who will be hosting the debate to point out the FACT, that Ron Paul cannot run a competitive national campaign and completely lacks the resources to bring a worthwhile message to SO FAR the LARGEST population and one of the LARGEST populations in the primary.

Yeah, it's totally worth saving the money it would take to open up just ONE campaign office. It's totally worth the money it would take to sponsor rallies and be accessible to the press. AND BOY is it worth the $825k to run with the BIG DOGS who will be putting out T.V. ads and are willing to take the risk to what?

WIN IT.

Sheesh.. So demoralizing. What the hell are we fighting for?

Edit: Just wanted to say. I hammered this topic all day yesterday. Not getting in to it again today. If Florida is not worth the campaign's time and energy, it will be up to us, the grassroots of Florida to watch the back of everyone else who thinks the state is a lost cause. Thanks, I will take that burden.
    Last edited by newbitech; 01-06-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Isn'tFla. winner take all?
    Yeah, but so what? The campaign is pushing a 2 man race strategy. What does that have to do with WTA? Read!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...r-take-all.php

Looking at the March states and matching 2012 to 2008, the most frequent response to the rules changes was for states to tack on a conditional element to their allocation rules. Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia — all Super Tuesday states — added a conditional element to their allocation rules. Winner-take-all allocation is dependent upon a candidate receiving over 50% of the vote, statewide and/or on the congressional district level. This is an important point. That 50% threshold is really going to play a role if the field has been winnowed down to just two candidates. Actually, FHQ has made this point before: The fewer candidates there are, the more likely it is that someone breaks 50% of the vote, and subsequently takes all the delegates in any of these conditional states.
    And just think about Virginia, where only two candidates will be on the ballot — Mitt Romney and Ron Paul — thanks to some major blunders by Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry, and a lack of any organization at all by the other candidates. Having only two candidates on the ballot guarantees that either Romney or Paul will walk away with a solid 46 delegates, and none left over for anyone else.

So I guess since it is winner take all, it's not worth competing in. Right? Sheesh..

Good god this is frightening. Regular folks, they just don't care. And they won't care all the way to the camps...

Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    This is why after a certain age, old people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Unless they can prove they're in sound mind and body. They made my granny prove that she wasn't too old to drive. Same concept.
    Excuse me, but then one would have to do the same with the young people who are uninformed, then the rest of the uniformed. there would be few people remaining qualified to vote. Sorry, but even the stupid must be permitted to vote.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It reminds me of the movie Super 8 where people were asking, "Are there communist in town stealing our car engines?" I asked my dad about that because people can't be that stupid, right? He said, "Nope, people were truly afraid that the Communist were all over the world sneaking into America waiting for the right time to 'turn us' and were coming to get us."
    Guess what the commies are here running the government

So long as Florida is a winner-take-all state, it would be tossing money down a rabbit hole to go all in for Florida. The least possible state for a win.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    So long as Florida is a winner-take-all state, it would be tossing money down a rabbit hole to go all in for Florida. The least possible state for a win.

Florida is foolish for keeping the primary winner take all. They're losing lots of revenue. No sane candidate is going to waste money there campaigning or advertising. Everyone will simply cede it to Mittler. But I guess that's the Repuke way.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Wow, did you not read what I wrote a few up? In a two man race (the strategy of Ron Paul's campaign after Iowa), every state is essentially winner take all. If Ron does not win the nomination, every penny spent in every state is tossing money down a rabbit hole.

You run to win in every state or you go home. Bah, no point in convincing anyone in here if the campaign can't be convinced. I understand WHY the campaign is ignoring Florida. I don't need to know more about the logic behind it, especially when I have pointed out the flaws in that logic and the same response keeps coming back.

Virginia is a winner take all state. Should Ron Paul not campaign and spend money there either? Once everyone drops out after Florida except for Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, just about every state becomes winner take all in a two man race. Should Ron Paul just drop out also once he loses Florida cause those states are winner take all? What makes winning Virginia more likely than winning FLorida? Ron Paul will need 50% +1 in Virginia to get those delegates.

What is so great about a 2 man race then, if Florida is abandoned cause it "cost too much" to compete here? Come on..

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    Worth what? Seriously. Assuming that Ron Paul's campaign goes down that road that seems to be the concensus "IMHO", do you think that is an effective strategy in the other key areas of campaign performance?

Yes, trade in the fact that no delegates can be won. Along with that, trade in any kind of momentum that can be gained over the next 2 weeks. Trade in any kind of expectation that the Florida activist will want to continue trying to fund raise for what is effectively an invisible candidate, trade in any kind of media coverage other than, "Ron Paul doesn't have the resources to compete on the largest political stage", EXPECT to get relentless attacks from the Florida media whom the campaign will ignore, expect the debates to have anti-Paul crowds, expect the Florida newspapers who will be hosting the debate to point out the FACT, that Ron Paul cannot run a competitive national campaign and completely lacks the resources to bring a worthwhile message to SO FAR the LARGEST population and one of the LARGEST populations in the primary.

Yeah, it's totally worth saving the money it would take to open up just ONE campaign office. It's totally worth the money it would take to sponsor rallies and be accessible to the press. AND BOY is it worth the $825k to run with the BIG DOGS who will be putting out T.V. ads and are willing to take the risk to what?

WIN IT.

Sheesh.. So demoralizing. What the hell are we fighting for?

Edit: Just wanted to say. I hammered this topic all day yesterday. Not getting in to it again today. If Florida is not worth the campaign's time and energy, it will be up to us, the grassroots of Florida to watch the back of everyone else who thinks the state is a lost cause. Thanks, I will take that burden.
    Good luck with that burden. You're going to need it.

The party is controlled by senior citizens afraid of losing their Social Security, and Cubans who don't want to hear about opening trade relations with Cuba. It's a closed primary. It's winner take all, meaning we have to win outright for it to be worth a tinker's dam to us. And it would require an ad campaign several times what we just spent in Iowa.

Time to bow to certain political realities, and get your head out of the clouds. You fight where you can make a difference. In a world of limited resources, that means you have to pick and choose your battles.
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    Florida is foolish for keeping the primary winner take all. They're losing lots of revenue. No sane candidate is going to waste money there campaigning or advertising. Everyone will simply cede it to Mittler. But I guess that's the Repuke way.
    yes, Florida is foolish to marginalize it's voters. Mitt Romney is spending money here despite his "inevitability". That's what makes it inevitable for him, cause he will actually RUN in the RACE here! Same with Gingrich. In fact, whatever candidate is left after N.H. and S.C. will spend money here, in some market if they plan on staying in the race.

Only Ron Paul supporters seem to think that not running in the race is a path to victory. I just don't get that.

Good luck with that burden. You're going to need it.

The party is controlled by senior citizens afraid of losing their Social Security, and Cubans who don't want to hear about opening trade relations with Cuba. It's a closed primary. It's winner take all, meaning we have to win outright for it to be worth a tinker's dam to us. And it would require an ad campaign several times what we just spent in Iowa.

Time to bow to certain political realities, and get your head out of the clouds. You fight where you can make a difference. In a world of limited resources, that means you have to pick and choose your battles.
    lol, wow, like I said over and over by now. The campaign is running on a two man race winner take all strategy. I don't think it's my head in the clouds here. I see the realities, and Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance in a 2 man race where every state essentially becomes winner take all IF he doesn't spend the money in EVERY state to compete.

in a two man race 50% +1 gets you ALL the delegates, or a HUGE chunk. Tell me, which list of states does Ron Paul have a chance of winning 50% +1 of the vote? ALL of them if he runs in those states!

My god, the campaign itself claimed victory in Iowa for reasons OTHER than winning. Yes, he got a tiny fraction of the delegates needed to win. But that isn't what the claim from the campaign was.

If there are 3 tickets out of Iowa, there are MAYBE two tickets out of Florida. If you think Ron Paul is going to compete in a 2 man race with 6% of the popular vote in Florida (I am being generous if he doesn't bother to run the race here), then it's not my head that is in the clouds.
    Last edited by newbitech; 01-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Whoa....

Firstly, don't knock old people. I'm 38, but make it a point to tell younger people the "older the bull, the thicker the horns". The older one gets, the more set in their ways they are, but they are more open to dialogue if you'll try it with them. Get into a test of resolve, and good luck there.

Secondly, don't try to run some people off because of a few stupid comments. The error in their thinking can be corrected if you've got the patience to explain said error.

Some people here argue more than my children, and they fight like two boy dogs. Friendly debate and discussion is one thing, but stop pissing on each other's trees and screaming, "Mine!"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only thing that will win over Florida voters is walking around with big bags of social security checks. Skip this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    The only thing that will win over Florida voters is walking around with big bags of social security checks. Skip this state.
    Did you forget who you support? You are simply acting like part of the heard with comments like that. You clearly don't know the facts, are repeating propoganda, and what is worse, you ostrasize a voting block that your champion is part of. On top of that, if you are a young person that really wants to benefit from the S.S. reforms that is part of "old foggie" Ron Paul's plan, then you will realize that Florida has millions of your peers that you just told the campaign to skip.

But no, you apparently see some stealth strategy that I am no privy too. I hope that the youth vote and the expanding the base in your state goes better than it did in Iowa, otherwise your plans of seeing the changes that Ron Paul will bring are a pipe dream.

Skipping Florida means skipping the nomination, by the way.

Hey. Ron Paul will NOT kill Social Security; in fact, he has a plan to PRESERVE it. Only issue here is, is the Social Security population more vote-prone than the Military population in Florida? I'm guessing the latter doesn't think much of Obama's new plan to cut half a million military troops...

Also, the OP is simply a piece of information that Ron can use in the upcoming debates, or perhaps in a few FL ads, depending on the cost. Who knows, maybe even the SuperPac could pay for some ads with the information, and that way Ron won't be labeled a "kook." But the more factual the information, the better. No one can fight the FACTS.

Maybe SOME people in SOME age groups would be alarmed enough to listen to the Paul point of view, rather than going with Big Government Mitt/Gingrich/Obama.

Hey. Ron Paul will NOT kill Social Security; in fact, he has a plan to PRESERVE it. Only issue here is, is the Social Security population more vote-prone than the Military population in Florida? I'm guessing the latter doesn't think much of Obama's new plan to cut half a million military troops...

Also, the OP is simply a piece of information that Ron can use in the upcoming debates, or perhaps in a few FL ads, depending on the cost. Who knows, maybe even the SuperPac could pay for some ads with the information, and that way Ron won't be labeled a "kook." But the more factual the information, the better. No one can fight the FACTS.

Maybe SOME people in SOME age groups would be alarmed enough to listen to the Paul point of view, rather than going with Big Government Mitt/Gingrich/Obama.
    No he won't. For one thing, he will make sure crap that happened at this S.S. office in Florida STOPS. It is an excellent tool to use in discussion with people who are on S.S. WHICH despite popular heard think, is not just seniors!

Anyways, Florida has a huge Military presence. Tampa has command bases set up for the middle east theatre. Coast Guard is all over the place down here as you can imagine. Also, the hardest nut to crack in FLorida is NOT the senior population, but the MIC population. So many jobs down here depend on building the war machine.

Did you forget who you support? You are simply acting like part of the heard with comments like that. You clearly don't know the facts, are repeating propoganda, and what is worse, you ostrasize a voting block that your champion is part of. On top of that, if you are a young person that really wants to benefit from the S.S. reforms that is part of "old foggie" Ron Paul's plan, then you will realize that Florida has millions of your peers that you just told the campaign to skip.

But no, you apparently see some stealth strategy that I am no privy too. I hope that the youth vote and the expanding the base in your state goes better than it did in Iowa, otherwise your plans of seeing the changes that Ron Paul will bring are a pipe dream.

Skipping Florida means skipping the nomination, by the way.

lol, wow, like I said over and over by now. The campaign is running on a two man race winner take all strategy. I don't think it's my head in the clouds here. I see the realities, and Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance in a 2 man race where every state essentially becomes winner take all IF he doesn't spend the money in EVERY state to compete.

in a two man race 50% +1 gets you ALL the delegates, or a HUGE chunk. Tell me, which list of states does Ron Paul have a chance of winning 50% +1 of the vote? ALL of them if he runs in those states!

My god, the campaign itself claimed victory in Iowa for reasons OTHER than winning. Yes, he got a tiny fraction of the delegates needed to win. But that isn't what the claim from the campaign was.

If there are 3 tickets out of Iowa, there are MAYBE two tickets out of Florida. If you think Ron Paul is going to compete in a 2 man race with 6% of the popular vote in Florida (I am being generous if he doesn't bother to run the race here), then it's not my head that is in the clouds.
    What in the hell are you talking about?

First, it isn't a two man race, and it won't be by FLA. Wake up!! Santorum and Gingrich will still be on the ballot in FLA. And even if it was a two man race, that doesn't mean that it becomes winner take all. Tell me how many many of Obama's and Clinton's contests became winner take all?

Florida is a gigantic state, that has proven it really doesn't like Ron Paul. I know. I lived there. Unlike Mitt Romney, we have limited resources, which would be pissed into the wind in FLA, because we stand no chance there, and would get no delegates from it.

None. Zero. Zilch. Nada!!

Florida is a money pit, and apparently the campaign, in a tip-of-the-hat to good sense, agrees.

Again, you are accepting the heard mentality propoganda. You do realize this video is at a tourist location, right? It is highly unlikely that ANY of these people are actually from FLorida. You didn't think of that though, did you. You are just interested in bashing a group that you don't belong to. Sick. Wake up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    video that proves nothing and represents an ignorant meme about Florida

Jesus $#@! stop promoting InfoWars... Can we distance ourselves from the conspiracy theory people?!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. Some of the responses here border between ignorant and illogical. Any strategy that has Ron Paul totally ignoring this state entirely is a fools errand, sorry. Romney is not well loved here. Just yesterday there was a group of people where I work talking about the race and the one person everyone was talking about was Ron Paul. What I kept hearing:

1. He's tool old. One guy kept telling everyone he was 84 years old, to which I had to correct him and point out that Reagan was similarly aged.
    2. He's not electable. I pointed out that he is a 12 term congressman so obviously he can be elected.
    3. Ron Paul is the only honest candidate.

No other candidate is generating any buzz around here, and Mitt's glass ceiling is not theoretical, it is real. In general I think the thing that hurts Ron Paul the most is this media created perception that he is unelectable. To cut through that, Ron has to actually win something and show well in other places. Getting slaughtered in Florida for lack of effort is not going to help his chances anywhere else. How about the campaign focus on telling everyone here how Ron is the only candidate who will shore up Social Security and Medicare in a sustainable way for those already on it? How could that idea NOT sell to senior citizens? How about focusing on Ron wanting a strong national defense and keeping bases open, but on US soil? Ron's got to frame the debate, not let the media frame him.

You guys making Florida out to be totally unwinnable just frankly don't know, sorry. I live here, and this state is ripe for the taking.

What in the hell are you talking about?

First, it isn't a two man race, and it won't be by FLA. Wake up!! Santorum and Gingrich will still be on the ballot in FLA. And even if it was a two man race, that doesn't mean that it becomes winner take all. Tell me how many many of Obama's and Clinton's contests became winner take all?

Florida is a gigantic state, that has proven it really doesn't like Ron Paul. I know. I lived there. Unlike Mitt Romney, we have limited resources, which would be pissed into the wind in FLA, because we stand no chance there, and would get no delegates from it.

None. Zero. Zilch. Nada!!

Florida is a money pit, and apparently the campaign, in a tip-of-the-hat to good sense, agrees.
    Oh, Florida isn't a two man race? TELL IT TO THE CAMPAIGN who is running that strategy. I am wide awake... friend, I'd advise you to not only wake up, but put your feet on the ground.

So what proof do you have that Florida doesn't like Ron Paul? I live here too. I also have paid attention. It would be easy to say that the United States, and every state in the country doesn't like Ron Paul. Does Iowa like him?

So you know there is a difference between republican rules and democrat rules right? You also know that both Hillary and Obama competed in ALL states, right?

I would encourage you to learn what will happen after Romney wins Florida and it becomes a two man race. The ONLY candidate that can compete with Romney financially is Ron Paul. So there is no argument that until Florida, it is not really a two man race.

After Florida, yeah, I think so, unless someone pulls a major upset in Florida, say any of the remaining candidates not named Romney. AND THE ONLY reason it will be a two man race with Ron Paul after Florida is because everyone else besides Paul will have realized that they cannot compete.

Again, go look and see what it will take to win the delegates say Virginia, which we know for a fact is a two man race REGARDLESS of Florida.

here, let me help you.

http://frontloading.blogspot.com/201...ion-rules.html

pay special attention to the chart at the bottom. Notice all the WTA and Conditional WTA? In a two man race, Conditional WTA means basically winner take all.

People should have to take a test to demonstrate some basic understanding the Constitution before the can vote when they turn 18 too.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover

Oh, Florida isn't a two man race? TELL IT TO THE CAMPAIGN who is running that strategy. I am wide awake... friend, I'd advise you to not only wake up, but put your feet on the ground.

So what proof do you have that Florida doesn't like Ron Paul?
    I live here too. I also have paid attention. It would be easy to say that the United States, and every state in the country doesn't like Ron Paul. Does Iowa like him?

So you know there is a difference between republican rules and democrat rules right? You also know that both Hillary and Obama competed in ALL states, right?

I would encourage you to learn what will happen after Romney wins Florida and it becomes a two man race. The ONLY candidate that can compete with Romney financially is Ron Paul. So there is no argument that until Florida, it is not really a two man race.

After Florida, yeah, I think so, unless someone pulls a major upset in Florida, say any of the remaining candidates not named Romney. AND THE ONLY reason it will be a two man race with Ron Paul after Florida is because everyone else besides Paul will have realized that they cannot compete.

Again, go look and see what it will take to win the delegates say Virginia, which we know for a fact is a two man race REGARDLESS of Florida.

here, let me help you.

http://frontloading.blogspot.com/201...ion-rules.html

pay special attention to the chart at the bottom. Notice all the WTA and Conditional WTA? In a two man race, Conditional WTA means basically winner take all.
    What proof do I have? How about polling?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1597.html

Please find me a poll... any poll... that has RP polling above double digits in FLA, or even one that has him approaching his national average.

How about 2008 performance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida..._primary,_2008

A whole 3% of the vote. We damn near lost to Fred Thompson, who dropped out of the race prior to the vote.

3%, in case you missed it the first time.

Now, can you provide evidence... any evidence... that RP is competitive in FLA? Besides of course "I was talking to people the other day..." Because the polls disagree with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast