Thread: 8-year-old transgender ????

8-year-old transgender ????

Although no issue for government this is a perfect setting for a civic organization such as the Cub Scouts to let parents know how they feel about their treatment of children.

These people really need to be ridiculed and shunned by the community for, what in my opinion, is tantamount to child abuse..

From Drudge;

8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts

http://www.northjersey.com/story/new...outs/95518824/

From the moment he joined, 8-year-old Joe Maldonado eagerly looked forward to camping trips and science projects as a member of the Cub Scouts. But his expectations were dashed after his mother said she received a phone call from a Scouting official who told her that Joe would no longer be allowed to participate because he was born a girl.

Kristie Maldonado said she was stunned because her son had been a member of Cub Scout Pack 87 in Secaucus for about a month and his transgender status had not been a secret. But some parents complained, an official from the Northern New Jersey Council of Boy Scouts told her — even though her son had been living as a boy for more than a year and was accepted as a boy at school, she said

"Not one of the kids said, 'You don’t belong here,’” Maldonado said of the Scouts in the pack.

“It made me mad,” Joe, said. “I had a sad face, but I wasn’t crying. I’m way more angry than sad. My identity is a boy. If I was them, I would let every person in the world go in. It’s right to do.”

Joe's case could be the first time someone has been barred from participating in Scouting because of transgender identity, said members of the LGBT community. And it comes as the Boy Scouts of America appeared to be emerging from a period of turmoil involving sexual-orientation issues, reversing long-standing bans against gay Scouts and gay Scouting leaders over the past few years. Those policy changes were made amid an internal debate that saw at least one local council defy national Scouting decrees by hiring a gay camp counselor and pressure brought from corporations that withheld donations from the organization.

The Boy Scouts did not address the transgender issue at the time, LGBT advocates said, perhaps because the organization had no written policy related to gender identity. Transgender rights only recently emerged as a national issue, often focusing on the use of restrooms based on gender identity. Dozens of North Jersey school districts, including Secaucus, have granted that right, among others, to transgender students.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, the BSA membership standards clearly state that no member may be turned away because of orientation, and the rest of the wording is very gender neutral: "eligible youth."

Don't blame this on the Boy Scounts. Blame it on parents who are lying about their child and are allowing their child to lie about her gender. The Boy Scout Law is very clear about honesty. A child who is, to be polite, um, confused, should not try to join an organization that is specifically for boys.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Actually, the BSA membership standards clearly state that no member may be turned away because of orientation, and the rest of the wording is very gender neutral: "eligible youth."

Don't blame this on the Boy Scounts. Blame it on parents who are lying about their child and are allowing their child to lie about her gender. The Boy Scout Law is very clear about honesty. A child who is, to be polite, um, confused, should not try to join an organization that is specifically for boys.
    I didn't express blame in any way, other than to blame the parents for what I consider to be abusive behavior.

I'm fully behind the Cub Scouts refusing admittance to a girl, and I'd back the Brownies for refusing admittance to a boy.

Probability being raised by two Pats.

This line right here disturbs me greatly...

"Dozens of North Jersey school districts, including Secaucus, have granted that right, among others, to transgender students."

The state is not the Creator--thus cannot grant a right.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

“God who gave us life gave us Liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever.” –Thomas Jefferson (1774)
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I identify as a roaring lion.
    No - No - No - No

What if I identify as an uberwealthy? person. Does that mean I am granted the right to be given a lot of money?
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What if I identify as an uberwealthy? person. Does that mean I am granted the right to be given a lot of money?
    I've really wanted to post this thought to my FB wall for a long time now. It shouldnt be off limits by their thinking

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    8 y/o's in normal circumstances usually "identify" as somebody they've been taught is exemplary and then only during play.

Circumstances surrounding this child are at best off....

They are a private organization so they can do what they want. But if the kid had been there a month and the other kids were fine with it then I don't see the big deal it letting the kid stay. As long as they are open about it and still accepted then whatever. If they were dishonest about it then it'd be a different issue. That said I don't see any reason they have to admit people who are biologically female either. They are an exclusive group after all.

“It made me mad,” Joe, said. “I had a sad face, but I wasn’t crying. I’m way more angry than sad. My identity is a boy. If I was them, I would let every person in the world go in. It’s right to do.”

All seems due and proper for an 8 year old's speech-rendered-thought. Except, and I am no rocket scientist, that word "identity".

A child, who still uses observational language(? Ie sad face instead of saying 'I was sad') to convey their emotions has, none the less, reached the level of intellectual sophistication necessary to use an abstract word like 'identity'?

Im not saying kids are stupid, I am saying this one has been coached. This kid has heard the phrase "your identity..." over and over again thats pretty clear. Under what circumstances is unclear.

Obviously, we are all conditioned. Some of us to be empathetic, dishonest, violent et al. So I am not saying this kids parents are scum, but I am saying this kid's identity, in this case, isnt authentic. Or perhaps I make a mountain of a molehill. My mind is like the Rockies.

That was one of the first things I picked up on too.

What's really sad is these "parents" aren't letting her be a kid- they are actively turning her into a tool of some sorts. A drone is the word that keeps popping in my own mind.

Kids don't think about things like identity and whether or not they want to be a boy or girl at the young age of 8.

There's something wrong here.
    No - No - No - No

what the $#@! is wrong with people

Their mom. Look at her interviews. Mommie likes the attention. Thats wuts wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    That was one of the first things I picked up on too.

What's really sad is these "parents" aren't letting her be a kid- they are actively turning her into a tool of some sorts. A drone is the word that keeps popping in my own mind.

Kids don't think about things like identity and whether or not they want to be a boy or girl at the young age of 8.

There's something wrong here.
    Very wrong.

Not safe to be a tomboy any more or a little guy who loves dolls- off to the transgender recycling you go!
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm fully behind the Cub Scouts refusing admittance to a girl, and I'd back the Brownies for refusing admittance to a boy.
    The Cub Scouts are an age level rank of the Boy Scouts of America, just like Brownies are an age level designation for the Girls Scouts of the USA. The fall under the respective umbrellas of their charter organization.
    #NashvilleStrong

My close friends are under CPS supervision for not abiding by their 13 year old's daughter wishes to address her by her made up transgendered name. I kid you not, this is the kind of crazy stuff that's happening now.