Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Boy" Scouts to allow transgenders.....

"Boy" Scouts to allow transgenders.....

Boy Scouts to allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll

The Boy Scouts of America announced Monday that it will allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll in its boys-only programs.

The organization announced it had made the decision to begin basing enrollment in its boys-only programs on the gender a child or parent lists on the application to become a scout. The organization had previously held a policy that relied on the gender listed on a child's birth certificate for those programs.

Rebecca Rausch, a spokeswoman for the organization, said in a statement that the organization's leadership had considered a recent case in Secaucus, N.J., where an 8-year-old child had been asked to leave his Cub Scout troop after parents and leaders found out he is transgender, but the change was made because of the larger conversation about gender identity going on around the country.

"For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts of America, along with schools, youth sports and other youth organizations, have ultimately deferred to the information on an individual's birth certificate to determine eligibility for our single-gender programs," the statement said. "However, that approach is no longer sufficient as communities and state laws are interpreting gender identity differently, and these laws vary widely from state to state."

Rausch said the enrollment decision goes into effect immediately.

"Our organization's local councils will help find units that can provide for the best interest of the child," the statement said.

Boy Scouts of America leaders lifted a blanket ban on gay troop leaders and employees in July 2015.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...130-story.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ***** troop leaders and trangendered "boy" scouts

yeah I'll opt my son out of that SJW drama

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    ***** troop leaders and trangendered "boy" scouts

yeah I'll opt my son out of that SJW drama
    at this point, you'd think they could just rename it "scouts" and not base it on gender at all and allow anybody interested in the program to take part. I mean why keep pretending? just make it inclusive of everyone if you are going to do that anyway, no need to confuse the kids.

scouts need a schism

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    at this point, you'd think they could just rename it "scouts" and not base it on gender at all and allow anybody interested in the program to take part. I mean why keep pretending? just make it inclusive of everyone if you are going to do that anyway, no need to confuse the kids.
    The "Girl" Scouts allowed transgender back in 2015 I think. Might as well just roll it all under the same banner.

Yeah, I think that's where this is heading. Inclusivity above all. Freedom of association is going the way of the dodo.

Of course, this is an inevitable outcome of entangling public and private associations. The problem being, of course, is that it is increasingly difficult to escape the snares of those entanglements when the government is involved in nearly every aspect of society.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

My wife and daughter left the girl scouts a few years ago and started a local troop for American Heritage Girls. It's an openly Christian organization that puts a lot of emphasis on purity.

I'd like to see: https://www.traillifeusa.com/ catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post
    My wife and daughter left the girl scouts a few years ago and started a local troop for American Heritage Girls. It's an openly Christian organization that puts a lot of emphasis on purity.

I'd like to see: https://www.traillifeusa.com/ catch on.
    CRC has GEMS and Cadets. Both Christian, very similar to the traditional Boy Scouts (badges, skills, derby cars, etc.).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts have already allowed girls for a long time.

That would make the Jamboree more interesting.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I think that's where this is heading. Inclusivity above all. Freedom of association is going the way of the dodo.

You do know The Boy's scout is a private organization and you are not obligated to join them? this is not freedom of association going the way of the dodos, if anything, this is the opposite of it.

Of course, this is an inevitable outcome of entangling public and private associations. The problem being, of course, is that it is increasingly difficult to escape the snares of those entanglements when the government is involved in nearly every aspect of society.
    This is not the inevitable outcome of entangling public and private organizations, this is happening because times are changing. The truth is that more and more people are getting more comfortable with the idea of transgender people and they changed their policy most likely because of bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know The Boy's scout is a private organization and you are not obligated to join them? this is not freedom of association going the way of the dodos, if anything, this is the opposite of it.
    Government Funding of Boys Scouts' Discriminatory Policies ...

https://www.secular.org/.../government-funding-boys-scouts-discriminatory-policies-u...

Jul 19, 2012 - "If the Boy Scouts is determined to continue discriminating, it should be stripped of all public funding and support from public agencies."

Los Angeles, CA

I would say, welcome to modern Sodom and Gomorrah !

Just another way to sully and disparage an organization who turns out good young men into the world.

Disgusting.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What is gender anyways? I thought you were either one sex or the other, except in very rare circumstances?

Does anyone have any statistics that point out how rare this medical condition actually occurs vs how many people just simply opt to change their "gender?"
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I looked at the link and I am not very impressed with the so called govt funding of the Boy's scout

The US Code authorizes the Secretary of Defense to lend supplies and equipment and transportation for Boy Scout events.
    All branches of the military issue a promotion (to E2 or E3) for Eagle Scouts, the highest Boy Scout rank. This constitutes discrimination in hiring by the military as well as government approval of the Boy Scouts' discriminatory policies.
    Equal Opportunity regulations in the military explicitly prohibit support of organizations that discriminate. Yet there is a close collaboration between the military and the Scouts. Department of Defense Instruction 1015.9 directs the Secretary of the Army to the Executive Agent for all components of the DoD to promote scouting among military families as directed by the President.
    The U.S. President traditionally serves as the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America, a tradition which President Obama has continued.
    In early 2005, Congress passed a resolution expressing a sense of the Congress that the Department of Defense should support BSA activities through the use of military personnel, federal land use, and other assistance for their massive Jamborees. The 2005 Jamboree cost taxpayers approximately $8 million.
    In 2008, Congress voted to pass the "Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act" (H.R. 5872). The bill mandated that the U.S. Mint create and sell as many as 350,000 one dollar coins commemorating the Scouts' centennial in the year 2010. A ten dollar surcharge on each coin goes directly to the Boy Scouts of America, who will net as much as $3.5 million in the deal.
    Its no different from the relationship the govt have with say the NFL or NCAA, where they provide some fund to help with advertisement to the people most likely to be good army men.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    What is gender anyways? I thought you were either one sex or the other, except in very rare circumstances?

Does anyone have any statistics that point out how rare this medical condition actually occurs vs how many people just simply opt to change their "gender?"
    The saying goes, gender is between your ears and sex is between your legs.

The truth is that with all the chemicals the average pregnant woman comes in contact with, its not all that surprising to find many kids growing up today with hormonal dysfunctions. Imagine, a fetus who has the male organ but while in vitro, his brain came in contact with more estrogen than a normal boy is supposed to encounter. That boy most likely grows up a male with the psychology of a female aka transgender.

I see that Presence already corrected you so I won't belabor the point. Their entanglements with government institutions are fairly immense. (His link didn't even get into the link with government skools)

But your larger point stands. In order to maintain a certain "PR" image in today's society, you have to appear extremely inclusive. But the reason a large organization like this even needs to maintain that image is because of the favors they receive from government. Otherwise, their club would be their club and would remain exclusive until their membership dropped. Do you really think the purpose of this action was to maintain membership levels or was it to maintain the image?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I looked at the link and I am not very impressed with the so called govt funding of the Boy's scout

Its no different from the relationship the govt have with say the NFL or NCAA, where they provide some fund to help with advertisement to the people most likely to be good army men.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where you picked up "govt funding of the Boy Scouts" (your own strawman, perhaps?) - we were talking about the public/private entanglements. And yes, the NCAA and NFL have the same problem.

I see that Presence already corrected you so I won't belabor the point. Their entanglements with government institutions are fairly immense. (His link didn't even get into the link with government skools)

But your larger point stands. In order to maintain a certain "PR" image in today's society, you have to appear extremely inclusive. But the reason a large organization like this even needs to maintain that image is because of the favors they receive from government. Otherwise, their club would be their club and would remain exclusive until their membership dropped. Do you really think the purpose of this action was to maintain membership levels or was it to maintain the image?
    Presence did not correct me, my point is that The boy's scout of America is a private organization and he posted a link showing that they did business with the govt which loads of private organizations engage in. You are still free to join or leave the myriads of private orgs that do business with the govt or even better create your own and decide to do business with the govt.

I think what you fail to realize is that this is not just govt but society changing. More and more people have transgender people in their communities and with that comes wider acceptance by society. Also, its not just govt business, I don't have the numbers but I bet you $100 that their corporate sponsors give them more money than what they get doing business with the govt.

part of the problem tho is the whole issue being politicized to the point of distraction from the more paramount issues of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts have already allowed girls for a long time.

Last edited by sparebulb; 01-31-2017 at 11:41 AM.

It's not transgender. It's little kids playing dress up. Stupid SJW. If their kid wants to be an elephant will they sue the circus for not letting them join?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's not transgender. It's little kids playing dress up. Stupid SJW. If their kid wants to be an elephant will they sue the circus for not letting them join?
    Circus closed shop

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is not the inevitable outcome of entangling public and private organizations, this is happening because times are changing. The truth is that more and more people are getting more comfortable with the idea of transgender people and they changed their policy most likely because of bad PR.
    No, people are not "getting more comfortable with it".

They are being forcefully propagandized to accept it, by a powerful media/cultural machine that sets the zeitgeist any way it chooses.

For those who do not comply, government and civil and financial sanctions are in place to keep them in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

They are being forcefully propagandized to accept it, by a powerful media/cultural machine that sets the zeitgeist any way it chooses.

For those who do not comply, government and civil and financial sanctions are in place to keep them in line.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's $#@!ing child abuse is what it is, especially if they pump them up full of chemicals at a pre pubescent age.

http://www.voicesinbioethics.net/new...ender-children

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I think its a little bit of the 2 forces coming together to change the perception on trans people. We have the govt institutions and a lot of people in the private sector who understand that there is something other than a kid just trying to play dress up.

The tides of change is coming and you either get on your surf or get swept away.

The tides of change is coming and you either get on your surf or get swept away.
    Meh, I'm fine up here in the mountains.

Ummm, no.

Like Phill said, I'm fine up in the mountains.

I'll stand firm and high above the mudslides, avalanches and sewer spills of popular opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast