Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump Immigration Order Nationwide

U.S. Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump Immigration Order Nationwide

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...onwide-n716706

A federal judge in Washington state on Friday temporarily blocked President Donald Trump's executive order that put a hold on entry to the U.S. of people from seven predominantly Muslim nations.

The temporary restraining order applies nationwide, Attorney General Bob Ferguson's office said.

"The Constitution prevailed today," Ferguson said in a statement. "No one is above the law — not even the President."

The restraining order will be in effect until U.S. District Court Senior Judge James L. Robart considers a legal challenge filed by the attorney general, Ferguson's office said.

The White House press secretary said the administration will seek an emergency stay at the earliest possible time, and initially called the judge's action an "outrageous order." An updated statement issued a short time later dropped the term "outrageous."

"The president's order is intended to protect the homeland and he has the constitutional authority and responsibility to protect the American people," both statements said.

A Department of Homeland Security official told NBC News that the judge's order will have no immediate practical effect. All previously issued visas from the seven affected countries were canceled by last week's executive order, the official said, meaning people would have to reapply.

Related: Around 60,000 Visas Revoked by Trump's Immigration Order, State Dept. Says

The order Trump signed on Jan. 27 suspends entry for 90 days of nationals of Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Somalia, Libya, and Yemen. Trump said the order was necessary to keep Americans safe from terrorism. Critics have called it a "Muslim ban," which the president has denied.

The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement Friday that the "pause" does not apply to lawful permanent residents or dual citizens.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/stat...20295381348352
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    ]

Aren't you a foreigner?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/sta...03476654374917
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Chester Copperpot

the court cannot enforce this... it is out of their purview

Another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Because?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trumps executive order is legal and justified as there is already precedent for another president doing this...

Please see: 8 U.S. Code 1182

Who was it done against last time? Iran. Who ordered it? Jimmy Carter, a democrat president.

But now that trump is doing it... OH NO!!! YOU CANT DO THAT!! ITS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! LOL
    Last edited by LibertyRevolution; 02-04-2017 at 05:23 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Because?
    Because the Constitution would appear to indicate that the judiciary has no authority to form an opinion without first some cause of action (court case or lawsuit) being brought to the court by an individual with standing, or a State --- which if it's a State has to go to SCOTUS first.

The courts have no constitutional authority to render a decision when there isn't even a question before the courts. There is no provision in the Constitution for the courts to just say, "Huh, I don't like that law/eo/whatever so I'm just going to say 'no.'"

I'm not defending the EO, I'm just asserting Constitutional procedure. If the courts want to preside over this issue then they either need an individual complainant to bring the case to circuit court, or a State complainant to bring the case to the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    Trumps executive order is legal and justified as there is already precedent for another president doing this...

Who was it done against last time? Iran. Who ordered it? Jimmy Carter, a democrat president.

But now that trump is doing it... OH NO!!! YOU CANT DO THAT!! ITS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! LOL
    Do you seriously believe that, "but the democrats did it too!" is in any way shape or form a meaningful argument on these forums?

More of that good ol' "Just-Us"....

Bickering about who a decision favors does nothing about the fact that citizens are crying to the courts.

The idea that "We are a nation of laws." is ludicrous at this point in time. Which law interpreted which way by which court might support your position today?

The nation as a whole is too big, too complex and too diverse for this charade to continue much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Do you seriously believe that, "but the democrats did it too!" is in any way shape or form a meaningful argument on these forums?
    Now you have to clarify: RPF'2007 or RPF'2017?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    fake news
    Pretty bold posting fools gold from none other than Barf feed itself. You're always on top of the latest lefty looney tune twitter feeds, so it's perfectly clear what genre you follow.
    However, I appreciate this judge's constructive efforts and egotistical inflation rather than just merely rioting in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post

There is also legal precedent of a president owning slaves. Trump does not get excused for doing things other presidents do, in fact he deserves scorn because he ran as an outsider and censored Ron and Rand Paul's presidential runs.

Only when it supports your own dictator.

Presidents have been doing a lot of unlawful things for years- such as unconstitutional wars, like our current ME presence.
    There is no spoon.

Because the Constitution would appear to indicate that the judiciary has no authority to form an opinion without first some cause of action (court case or lawsuit) being brought to the court by an individual with standing, or a State --- which if it's a State has to go to SCOTUS first.
    There are plenty of lawsuits already. The Washington lawsuit (in the OP) was brought by Amazon and Expedia.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

The courts have no constitutional authority to render a decision when there isn't even a question before the courts. There is no provision in the Constitution for the courts to just say, "Huh, I don't like that law/eo/whatever so I'm just going to say 'no.'"

I'm not defending the EO, I'm just asserting Constitutional procedure. If the courts want to preside over this issue then they either need an individual complainant to bring the case to circuit court, or a State complainant to bring the case to the Supreme Court.
    yeah they basically have no army to enforce their decree... im glad you resonded to the count

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...00261704675328

CPUd and Zippy are licking their chops. Hey, I told you so!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    CPUd and Zippy are licking their chops. Hey, I told you so!
    You don't like Justin?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    You don't like Justin?
    Apologies for not including your name. CPUd, Zippy and Ender.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...77064405610497

THIS IS HARD TROLLING. Are we outnumbered?

He's done pro bono work with refugees
    This screams conflict of interest. He should recuse himself.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/827897934708617217

Is CPUd able to form an opinion and share it?

Probably less of a conflict of interest than trump not adding the Saudis to the banned list because of the millions he has tied up there..... Seems funny that the country that supplied the most deadly terrorist didn't make the list. Hmmmm.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Probably less of a conflict of interest than trump not adding the Saudis to the banned list because of the millions he has tied up there..... Seems funny that the country that supplied the most deadly terrorist didn't make the list. Hmmmm.
    Can we stick to the topic? I did not ask for more trolls on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Can we stick to the topic? I did not ask for more trolls on this thread.
    No.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Saudi should have been there. Hopefully, they will be added. What Trump started with was the list that Obama had made. I'm sure thinking that there wouldn't be much panty twisting since the magic Nobel Peace Prize winner created the list.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast