Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI 'raided' Mar-a-Lago

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You misunderstand. Hard copies is easier to find and prove.
    And digital is FAR easier to capture remotely.

You're not making a case.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Here you go.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...ty-information

Declassifying documents involves a lot more than just somebody who has the authority to declassify them deciding to treat them like they're not classified anymore without telling anyone they're going to do that.

Unless Trump himself ever overrode this executive order. I'm pretty sure he didn't, or that fact would be an important aspect of this story. And if he chose not to, then that's on him.
    For the record, this was an aside.

However, you're gonna have to do better than an Obama WH website citation to prove to me that a president cannot de facto declassify records a la carte, which frankly makes sense in your convoluted statist paradigm. Why couldn't/shouldn't a president have final authority to de/classify state secrets? One could conceive of myriad situations in which it makes sense for a head of state to declassify state secrets...

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    For the record, this was an aside.

However, you're gonna have to do better than an Obama WH website citation to prove to me that a president cannot de facto declassify records a la carte, which frankly makes sense in your convoluted statist paradigm.
    Can you please quote me saying anything indicating I had a statist paradigm?

Why couldn't/shouldn't a president have final authority to de/classify state secrets? One could conceive of myriad situations in which it makes sense for a head of state to declassify state secrets...
    At no point in this conversation has anybody suggested that a president doesn't have that authority. The question is whether or not it is a fact that Trump had actually declassified all of the classified documents that he had at his house. If he had not declassified them when he was president, then it's not something he would still have the authority to do at a later point when he no longer is.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 08-16-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

And yet we again return to the unanswered question as to what differentiates HRC's crimes from DJT's. Thank you for citing chapter and verse, reverend. You still haven't answered the actual question, however.
    You asked me why the two cases were treated differently, and I gave you my best answer. You didn't ask what the differences in the crimes were. To opine on that I'd need to review what HRC actually did and research the statutes that HRC allegedly violated, something I don't have time to do right now.

Please understand, I'm no fan of HRC; she's despicable.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Interesting case from Tucker's monologue of Douglas Mackey. Arrested for being a far-right twitter troll lol. Facing ten years in prison for a tweet
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-16-2022 at 07:15 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's cuter when he and his butt buddies are dressed up as dominatrix dogs.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And digital is FAR easier to capture remotely.

You're not making a case.
    I'm not trying to make a case. I don't even care that much honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Yes but @Swordsmyth (even though Trump and the Clintons were life-long friends) Congress, Antifa, FBI, etc. etc. etc. "wouldn't let him". Any good Trumpsupporter knows that.
    We have it well documented that his cabinet members (who had to be approved by the Senate) thwarted him at every turn on issues far less sensitive than the Clintons.
    To even suggest that the "independent" DoJ would have prosecuted her on his orders is a joke.
    The entire swamp has to be drained and he is making lots of progress on that already.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That Southern DC Senator Trump appointed as first Attorney General was a real go getter on DC Crime

Oh wait, no he wasn’t!

Hoodwinked again & again

Jeff Sessions!

Served 20 years as Senator before Trump hired him to clean up DC

Hoodwinked

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is the official Warrant. I haven't read it yet, but it doesn't look good that some of the boxes were labeled TOP SECRET.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/12/11172...ar-a-lago-home
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but here is the official Warrant. I haven't read it yet, but it doesn't look good that some of the boxes were labeled TOP SECRET.

You mean the Boxes that were sealed in that room by the DOJ weeks before?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "YOUR WELCOME" with Michael Malice #220: Robert Barnes
    Michael Malice (“YOUR WELCOME”) invites constitutional and civil rights lawyer, Robert Barnes, onto the show to discuss the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago, the “strange” names associated with the raid, and Trump’s reaction to it all. Robert also gives us his legal insight into the Alex Jones trial, and the Orwellian nature of it all.
    https://odysee.com/@MichaelMalice:6/...l-malice-220:9
    //

Maybe Trump could name Mitt Romney as his clean up the swamp Attorney General if elected again.

Not exactly the GO-GETTER PROSECUTER 20 year Senator JEff Session was, but will surely get results!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jimmy has been my ride-to-work-entertainment in the car these past few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

We have it well documented that his cabinet members (who had to be approved by the Senate) thwarted him at every turn on issues far less sensitive than the Clintons.
    To even suggest that the "independent" DoJ would have prosecuted her on his orders is a joke.
    The entire swamp has to be drained and he is making lots of progress on that already.
    Even those not requiring Senate (McConnell) consent required FBI (Swamp) consent as this comment from another site demonstrates:

There’s a great (but long) article at CTH that explains the importance to the un-elected cabal (aka invisible government) of controlling the FBI.
    Other than the obvious favoritism of RATS and persecution of MAGA, the FBI is in charge of all security clearances.
    This gives them the power, over time, to fully populate almost every agency with their puppets.
    Many of President Trump’s nominees were blocked in this fashion; but this has been going on a long time.
    The article also pinpoints a key victory of the invisible government in setting up “Intelligence agencies” as a 4th branch of government was the Patriot Act ... orchestrated largely by Dick Cheney in the aftermath of a certain VERY LARGE FALSE FLAG.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...the-documents/
    The only exception is the military.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This sounds like one of those stories where the content 'pretty much' doesn't match the headline.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...panetta-2022-8

Former CIA director says Trump ally's claim that he could instantly declassify documents is 'pretty much BS'
    Aug 16, 2022

The former CIA director dismissed a claim by a Donald Trump ally that the former president had the power to instantly declassify government documents, calling it "pretty much BS."

Leon Panetta, who served as the defense secretary and CIA Director under the Obama administration, told CNN's Jake Tapper on Monday that there is a process for declassifying confidential government information and requires other agencies to sign off on it.

"If presidents want to declassify, they have to follow that process which basically requires that it be referred to the agencies that are responsible for classifying that material," Panetta told CNN. "They have something to say as to whether or not that material should be declassified."

"So there is nothing that I'm aware of that indicates that a formal step was taken by this president to, in fact, declassify anything. Right now, this is pretty much BS," he added.

Panetta's comments came after Kash Patel, a former Pentagon official under Trump, claimed that Trump had declassified all the documents he took to Mar-a-Lago.

Patel told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" that, as president, Trump had the power to "literally stand over a set of documents and say, 'These are now declassified,'" as can be seen in a clip shared by Mediaite.

"This is a key fact that most Americans are missing: President Trump, as a sitting president, is a unilateral authority for declassification," Patel said.

FBI agents seized about 20 boxes from Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida during their raid last week, including 11 sets of marked top-secret documents that were designated to remain only in a secure government facility.

Trump previously argued that while he was president, he had a "standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified," according to a statement read out on Fox News on Friday.

But there is no evidence he followed procedure to do so.

According to The New York Times, "original classification authorities" in federal departments and agencies have the power to classify and declassify information.

While presidents can declassify documents without having to go to other government authorities for approval, this is very rare, The Times reported.

Representatives for Trump did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

"They [agencies] have something to say"

"There is a process"

Sounds like that process is typically followed so that Presidents have some guidance when they are declassifying, but it's all an optional step they can take to ensure the agencies have the chance to let them know if they are releasing something that could potentially be harmful, in their opinion.

The Times and Panetta are trying to make people think that this procedure is required using weasel words like "pretty much" and "rarely".
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Have to give the ringmasters credit, America is talking about this rather than "our side" Ukraine, shelling Nuclear Power Plant.

HOCUS POCUS BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sounds like that process is typically followed so that Presidents have some guidance when they are declassifying, but it's all an optional step they can take to ensure the agencies have the chance to let them know if they are releasing something that could potentially be harmful, in their opinion.
    So, let's declassify something and not tell anyone. Let's keep the fact that it's no longer secret a secret. I can't tell you if it's classified or not because whether it's classified is more classified than it is.

What possible purpose could that serve but entrapment? That, or getting Chinese spies off the hook. Oh, I like this spy for China, so I'll say that hasn't been secret since I was president. But that one never gave me a bribe Christmas present so the fact that the secrets they gave to China aren't secret will remain my little secret.

After all, nothing says Fiscal Responsibility like having thousands of federal employees guarding something they might as well email to Alex Jones.

It's asinine.

So, let's declassify something and not tell anyone. Let's keep the fact that it's no longer secret a secret. I can't tell you if it's classified or not because whether it's classified is more classified than it is.

What possible purpose could that serve but entrapment? That, or getting Chinese spies off the hook. Oh, I like this spy for China, so I'll say that hasn't been secret since I was president. But that one never gave me a bribe Christmas present so the fact that the secrets they gave to China aren't secret will remain my little secret.

After all, nothing says Fiscal Responsibility like having thousands of federal employees guarding something they might as well email to Alex Jones.

It's asinine.
    At the very least the documents would then have to be stamped with "Declassified" or something similar.
    "I am a bird"

The Propaganda Unit

FBI Unit Leading Mar-a-Lago Probe Earlier Ran Discredited Trump-Russia Investigation

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ax_848582.html

Former federal prosecutor and Trump administration official Kash Patel said the FBI may have a personal interest – and a potential conflict – in seizing the records stored by Trump.

He noted that Trump in October 2020 authorized the declassification of all the investigative records generated from the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane as well as the Clinton email investigation, codenamed "Midyear Exam," and he said that the FBI may have confiscated some of those records in its raid, ensuring they won't be made public. In addition, he said, the agency may be digging for other documents to try to justify, retroactively, their questionable, politically-tinged 2016 opening of the Trump-Russia "collusion" case, which came up embarrassingly short on evidence.

"Tragically, the same FBI characters that were involved in Russiagate are the same counterintel guys running this ‘national security investigation' against Trump," said Patel, who deposed Crossfire Hurricane team members as a former House Intelligence Committee investigator.

Patel noted that the Horowitz report indicated FBI analyst Auten hid exculpatory information about Trump's adviser Page from other investigators and the FISA court, which should be more than enough to keep him at arm's length from other investigations involving Trump.

"And to top it all off, this guy admits [to Horowitz's investigators] he's unrepentant about his role in making up the biggest hoax in election history, and Wray still lets him be a supervisor at the FBI," he said. "It's just insane."

Director Testifies Before Senate Judiciary Committee (over 3 hours long, and says nothing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPj5yPkXnc&t=9128s
    Last edited by Mach; 08-18-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    FJB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He noted that Trump in October 2020 authorized the declassification of all the investigative records generated from the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane as well as the Clinton email investigation, codenamed "Midyear Exam," and he said that the FBI may have confiscated some of those records in its raid, ensuring they won't be made public.
    That's what you get for promising to drain the swamp, and then going all swampy. He could have released stuff like that. He promised to release stuff like that. Instead, what? He wanted to set up his own blackmail network? He had his chance to cut the puppet strings and put the marionettes in jail, but instead he tried to grab the strings so they'd dance to his tune?

The untouchable Alpha Very Stable Genius overreached, and failed. Not a selling point. Someone who couldn't foresee this move isn't even a competent checkers player.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-18-2022 at 11:35 AM.

It's asinine.
    If you read the article, Trump basically said anything he took to his house was de-facto declassified. So they knew.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    At the very least the documents would then have to be stamped with "Declassified" or something similar.
    Is that in the Constitution somewhere?

Is that in the Constitution somewhere?
    Don't you think you should answer that first?

Because that is what the Constitution says?
    Can you quote the part you are referring to?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

If you read the article, Trump basically said anything he took to his house was de-facto declassified. So they knew.
    Oh? So every department with classified materials sent someone to help him pack?

They knew what was carted out was declassified, but they knew not what was carried out. Therefore, they didn't know any of the things I suggested they just might need to know. Einstein.

You're not even trying to think this through. You're just grasping at excuses for your golden calf.

Don't you think you should answer that first?
    The Constitution gives supreme power to the President since the President is the commander in chief of the military. Classification of documents is related to national security, which is a function of the military.

The President’s authority to classify and control access to information bearing on the national security flows from the Constitution and does not depend upon a legislative grant of authority.

Although I expect to be able to provide the advance notice contemplated by section 8009 in most
    situations as a matter of comity, situations may arise in which I must act promptly while protecting
    certain extraordinarily sensitive national security information. In these situations, I will treat these
    sections in a manner consistent with my constitutional authorities, including as Commander in
    Chief.

Statement by President Donald J. Trump on Signing H.R. 244 into Law (May 5, 2017)

The Supreme Court has never directly addressed the extent to which Congress may constrain the executive branch’s power in this area. Citing the President’s constitutional role as Commanderin-Chief, the Supreme Court has repeatedly stated in dicta that “[the President’s] authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from
    this Constitutional investment of power in the President and exists quite apart from any explicit
    congressional grant.”
    https://sgp.fas.org/crs/secrecy/RS21900.pdf

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast