Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA abandons Key West Int. airport, potentially stranding thousands in path of Irma

Exclamation TSA abandons Key West Int. airport, potentially stranding thousands in path of Irma

Worthless miserable cock suckers.

If the local "authorities" had any balls, they'd tell the feds and the TSA to $#@! themselves and keep the place open.

But no airline would risk the liability.

If I was there, I'd be willing to rent a 182 with as many other people as I could, and pull a "Dunkirk".

UPDATE 12 a.m. ET Wednesday: According to a report, the Key West International Airport will be forced to close due to the TSA’s decision not to staff security checkpoints. Key West Mayor Craig Cates called the decision “very disappointing.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-disappointed/

According to a report from FLKeysNews.com, the Key West International Airport will be forced to close Wednesday because Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents will cease screening airline passengers as Hurricane Irma approaches.

This could be problematic as air travel is one of the few means for evacuation from the area.

“All commercial flights at Key West International Airport will be canceled from Thursday morning until further notice,” the report stated. “General aviation will continue until conditions become unsafe to operate.”

http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local...171368732.html
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-06-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So air travel in this country can come to a complete halt if the TSA goons decide they don't want to show up. Noted.

When it comes to keeping us safe or keeping themselves safe, governments always go into self preservation mode.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When it comes to keeping us safe or keeping themselves safe, governments always go into self preservation mode.
    Heroes.

Thus, the real mission of FEMA.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Thus, the real mission of FEMA.
    Continuity of Government.

In the mission statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Worthless miserable cock suckers.

If the local "authorities" had any balls, they'd tell the feds and the TSA to $#@! themselves and keep the place open.

But no airline would risk the liability.

If I was there, I'd be willing to rent a 182 with as many other people as I could, and pull a "Dunkirk".

UPDATE 12 a.m. ET Wednesday: According to a report, the Key West International Airport will be forced to close due to the TSA’s decision not to staff security checkpoints. Key West Mayor Craig Cates called the decision “very disappointing.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-disappointed/

According to a report from FLKeysNews.com, the Key West International Airport will be forced to close Wednesday because Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents will cease screening airline passengers as Hurricane Irma approaches.

This could be problematic as air travel is one of the few means for evacuation from the area.

“All commercial flights at Key West International Airport will be canceled from Thursday morning until further notice,” the report stated. “General aviation will continue until conditions become unsafe to operate.”

http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local...171368732.html
    The TSA are a liability.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If They’re Afraid of Some Wind and Rain, What Would They Do If They Ever Actually Encountered a Turrist?

Becky Akers

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...tered-turrist/

You’re probably as nauseated as I each time the TSA claims that it “Protects the nation’s transportation systems…”—nonsense that its lapdogs in the corporate media reliably echo. Indeed, said lapdogs often amplify that basic whopper: “… new regulations and technology are designed to make the process a little more secure this year. The Transportation Security Administration was formed two months after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, to screen passengers and their luggage and keep people safe.”

Well, turns out the TSA only “keeps people safe” in good weather. Hang onto your blood pressure, because the perverts’ latest trick will send it skyrocketing. Hurricane Irma has frightened the Thieves and Sexual Assailants at Key West International Airport into abandoning their checkpoints tonight, after the day’s last flight leaves at 5:50 PM. Which would be stellar, an absolute win for passengers—except that the agency has also forbidden any further flights from departing. Ergo, “those unable to take one of the few remaining flights out of Key West will have to evacuate by automobile and rely on U.S. Highway 1 from Key West to the Florida mainland as the only available route.” Tellingly, “General [i.e., private] aviation will continue until conditions become unsafe to operate.”

It seems the TSA needs to revise its “mission”: “Gropes the nation’s passengers except when storms send its cowardly deviants scurrying. In which case we also deprive grown adults of choosing whether to drive through torrential rain or fly, albeit without our grotesque ministrations.”

When will travelers whom the TSA not only sexually assaults but repeatedly endangers in such situations as this revolt against this demonic bureaucracy? (Thanks to David Mueller for the links.)

What a bunch of BS!!!! The hurricane is still 3 days away.

Citizens were first to the rescue during Harvey. We were lucky the local officials got that they would be screwed waiting on the govt.

People in KW are freaking out they won't be able to leave.

Fire them all.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Unless you have a boat, a sea doo or a plane, you won't.

Route 1 will be a parking lot.

Unless you have a boat, a sea doo or a plane, you won't.

Route 1 will be a parking lot.
    DW and I were just formulating a 5yr plan to move back down there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heroes.
    Hey, don't you worry, they'll be right back putting their lives on the line as soon as it's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hey, don't you worry, they'll be right back putting their lives on the line as soon as it's safe.
    Whew, well, thank god for that.

I was concerned.

I hope all those brave Officers are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If this damn storm follows the current path, you might find some cheap real estate.

Good luck getting insurance though.

Or building permits.

The eco nazis have been praying for just such a disaster for years, in order to ban any further new construction or repairs in the Keys.

Yes, but will TSA strike in the flood, if they don't get their holiday pay?

If this damn storm follows the current path, you might find some cheap real estate.
    That thought definitely crossed my mind.

Good luck getting insurance though.
    Yeah, I'd definitely put a lot of money into making a house hurricane "proof".

Or building permits.
    Well that's always been the issue, but if a bunch are destroyed then getting a ROGO permit might be easier to come by initially.

The eco nazis have been praying for just such a disaster for years, in order to ban any further new construction or repairs in the Keys.
    from our recent trip, it appeared the upper keys had undergone a lot more devel -- which makes sense since you can evacuate it quicker -- big pine key had virtually nothing new in the past decade. of course the navy properties appeared to have grown significantly
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-06-2017 at 05:01 PM.

potentially stranding thousands in path of Irma
    Close enough for government work, and there ain't nothing more government than TSA.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My favorite is when the Chinaman starts in.

Land will be cheap next week. I'd love to live there, but I'd have to insist on a boat.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Land will be cheap next week. I'd love to live there, but I'd have to insist on a boat.
    land has never been overly pricey comparatively, its the permit to build that are expensive. but yeah, we decided canal access and a boat would be a must. although I used to live on a swimming canal (no ocean access) which was pretty cool too. it had decent fishing in it, resident sea turtles and good swimming without having to worry about boats -- I could swim 3 miles just going up and down the fingers in the canal. dw lived on a swimming canal that somebody had aerated and it had a small coral system and abundant fish life.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-06-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Move in with the TSA employees....

You know over in the part of town you can't afford actually working for a living...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Fire them all.
    That's what happened to the air traffic controllers in the 80s.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

https://keysnews.com/article/story/d...t-on-thursday/

Key West is staying open until Thursday evening.

The only people freaking in the keys are not the conchs. Back in '79 (two lanes highways, railroad trestle bridges) we evacuated for David, stayed for Frederic.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

from our recent trip, it appeared the upper keys had undergone a lot more devel -- which makes sense since you can evacuate it quicker -- big pine key had virtually nothing new in the past decade. of course the navy properties appeared to have grown significantly
    Big Pine was my favorite place.

Good luck, brother.

I did a quick search in KCB where I used to live, same homes, <1000 square feet with no lot space, $400k to $600k.

But, deep water ocean access.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What a bunch of BS!!!! The hurricane is still 3 days away.
    Was my thought.

but then I remember living in Key West when the creation of TSA was being debated.
    It was a horrible idea.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast