Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry King interviews Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    People who are determined to be a danger to themselves or others don't have gun rights OMG GUN CONTROL.
    If they are truly a danger to themselves and others they need to be off the street perhaps, taking their
    guns won't make them 'safer' to society.

When the guns are gone it will go to car bombs.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Exactly. +rep for an excellent first post.
    I repd too...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I said it was a trojan horse to make the gun control grab fail and use the power of the medical industrial complex and the MSM industrial complex and free speech advocates as a poison pill to defeat their idea. I never said the NRA would stop this, I said the medical industrial complex would. Mass shooters are often on drugs and get free propaghanda from the msm to promote their political agenda.
    I don't care what kind of horse you think it is.

They want gun control. They want speech control.

You want gun control. You want speech control.

You can explain all you like about how your excuses for being a speech-banning gun grabber are different from their excuses for being speech-banning gun grabbers.

But it makes no difference. You are all still a bunch of speech-banning gun grabbers.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-16-2019 at 05:23 PM.

I don't care what kind of horse you think it is.

They want gun control. They want speech control.

You want gun control. You want speech control.

You can explain all you like about how your excuses for being a speech-banning gun grabber are different from their excuses for being speech-banning gun grabbers.

But it makes no difference. You are all still a bunch of speech-banning gun grabbers.
    You can't bring a knife to a gun fight. Right now they are not being honest actors with their agenda, we have to use their power against them. Its what Trump has done all along. While everyone else was getting censored by social media and the mainstream media Trump wasn't because he fights fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    If they are truly a danger to themselves and others they need to be off the street perhaps, taking their

I'm Irish and car bombs are racist.

Also, there is no way of telling if they are "truly" a danger to themselves and others until they actually do something "dangerous" to themselves or others.

That is not to say that there cannot be reasonable "warning signs" of impending disaster - but you may rest assured that any "official" list of "warning signs" that might be used to identify someone who may be about to "go postal" will be gradually (or even not so gradually) expanded to include more and increasingly dubious "warning signs" that are not so reasonable at all.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-16-2019 at 05:38 PM.

You can't bring a knife to a gun fight. Right now they are not being honest actors with their agenda, we have to use their power against them. Its what Trump has done all along. While everyone else was getting censored by social media and the mainstream media Trump wasn't because he fights fire with fire.

//

Also, there is no way of telling if they are "truly" a danger to themselves and others until they actually do something "dangerous" to themselves or others.

That is not to say that there cannot be reasonable "warning signs" of impending disaster - but you rest assured than any "official" list of "warning signs" that might be used to identify someone who may be about to "go postal" will be gradually (or even not so gradually) expanded to include more and increasingly dubious "warning signs" that are not so reasonable at all.
    Its all nefarious plot for Trump to institutionalize all of the democrats and ban free speech. Therefore we can't solve the true cause of the mass shootings or ban guns and have gun control.

Its all nefarious plot for Trump to institutionalize all of the democrats and ban free speech. Therefore we can't solve the true cause of the mass shootings or ban guns and have gun control.

//

That is not to say that there cannot be reasonable "warning signs" of impending disaster - but you may rest assured that any "official" list of "warning signs" that might be used to identify someone who may be about to "go postal" will be gradually (or even not so gradually) expanded to include more and increasingly dubious "warning signs" that are not so reasonable at all.
    So what should be done if a person is suspected of being a threat is the person should be surveilled. Wire Tap warrants, surveillance old school kind of detective work not preemptive, stereotyping, gun grabbing, speech stifling, laws.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is it a SWAT team can show up at the wrong persons house and kill people and animals? Poor inadequate detective work.

That is worse than a surgeon cutting off the wrong body part.

Yep , its a slippery slope, probably should be partly based on 'criminal' activity of some kind .....

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    How is it a SWAT team can show up at the wrong persons house and kill people and animals? Poor inadequate detective work.

That is worse than a surgeon cutting off the wrong body part.
    How is it that people can have their house swatted for leaking out information that incriminates places that they used to work?

Or just cars, you can kill a lot of people with a car.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Taking away cars from the good guys isn't going to take them away from the bad guys. The bad guys always get their cars illegally.

Taking away cars from the good guys isn't going to take them away from the bad guys. The bad guys always get their cars illegally.
    Bad guys always procure their weapons at the local gun shop.

You aren't understanding my point.

It is the person and not the weapon that matters, if you take a weapon away from a dangerous person they will get mad and find another weapon.
    If a person is violent and dangerous (you would need to prove that completely) then the person needs to be taken away and not the weapon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what should be done if a person is suspected of being a threat is the person should be surveilled. Wire Tap warrants, surveillance old school kind of detective work not preemptive, stereotyping, gun grabbing, speech stifling, laws.
    I don't know. Some problems just don't have solutions.

Bad and/or broken people will do bad and/or broken things.

This is an existential fact of the human condition that those in the utopian "there oughtta be a law!" camp refuse to accept (or even acknowledge).

As the author of an article posted a few days ago by @Anti Federalist says:

As long as we have free speech, gun rights, an aversion to involuntary institutionalization, and a society not yet as neutered as Canada and Europe, we’re gonna have mass shootings. And yes, there will be spikes both real (the March ’98 to May ’99 school shooting wave) and imagined (“Two in one day! It’s statistically impossible!”). As Steve Sailer recently pointed out on Twitter, in the ’60s and ’70s political assassinations seemed to be the new norm in America. Then the spike just tapered off. Sometimes the ebb comes as suddenly as the flow, and if you think you’re in the middle of a flow, it really is best to hold your damn fudge and retain perspective.

That doesn’t mean do nothing. There are all kinds of precautions that can be taken to reduce the carnage caused by mass shootings. But if you’re trying to find “the cause” or “the answer,” you’re wasting your time.

In fact, you might even be approaching the issue from the wrong perspective. You’re searching for the bad things about this country that create mass shooters. Perhaps instead you should be considering the possibility that mass shootings are actually by-products of the good things about the U.S.—gun rights, free speech, and a system that favors individual freedom over public safety when it comes to mental health.

You believe in utopia? Go be a communist. In the real world, no society is perfect and you have to accept the bad with the good. It’s like the song “Pennies From Heaven.” Rain is the price we pay to have flowers, so don’t start building an ark just because we got two cloudbursts in one day. Mass shootings are still rare, and violent crime in general is down across the board in the U.S.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Absolutely , and they do, cars and trucks.

Absolutely , and they do, cars and trucks.
    Some people probably have the power to kill with a simple intent glance. Voodoo.

I don't know. Some problems just don't have solutions.

Bad and/or broken people will do bad and/or broken things.

This is an existential fact of the human condition that those in the utopian "there oughtta be a law!" crowd refuse to accept (or even acknowledge).

As the author of an article posted a few days ago by @Anti Federalist says:
    There is no solution but there is a treatment.

MORE GUNS.

If most shooters were confronted and taken out by an armed good guy before they were able to kill many people then other potential shooters would be dissuaded.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some people probably have the power to kill with a simple intent glance. Voodoo.
    Hillary

There is no solution but there is a treatment.

MORE GUNS.

If most shooters were confronted and taken out by an armed good guy before they were able to kill many people then other potential shooters would be dissuaded.
    Yes. As the guy in the article I quoted said:
    That doesn’t mean do nothing. There are all kinds of precautions that can be taken to reduce the carnage caused by mass shootings.
    A stronger "gun culture" is one of those precautions.

It's not a solution, though:
    [If] you’re trying to find “the cause” or “the answer,” you’re wasting your time.

Hillary
    I think she uses voodoo dolls.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I wonder who his favorite in the Republican primary is ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Speaking of which, did Mark Sanford ever throw his hat in the ring? Not that he is a viable candidate anymore, the guy can’t help but shoot himself in the feet over and over.
    I don't know of any contenders - at least, not any "officially declared" ones. Are there any at all yet? Are there even any serious prospects?

P.S.: Sorry I derailed your thread with the gun-grabber and speech-banner stuff. I just couldn't let that guff pass unchallenged - tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito!!
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-16-2019 at 07:12 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think she uses voodoo dolls.
    She certainly looks like one

I don't know of any contenders - at least, not any "officially declared" ones. Are there any at all yet? Are there even any serious prospects?
    Weld has declared but he's going nowhere. (and rightfully so)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Weld has declared but he's going nowhere. (and rightfully so)
    Blecchh! I am disappoint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12