Thread: Whole body vibration shakes up microbiome, reduces inflammation in diabetes

Whole body vibration shakes up microbiome, reduces inflammation in diabetes

In the face of diabetes, a common condition in which glucose and levels of destructive inflammation soar, whole body vibration appears to improve how well our body uses glucose as an energy source and adjust our microbiome and immune cells to deter inflammation, investigators report.

For the first time they have described how regular use of whole body vibration can create this healthier mix by yielding a greater percentage of macrophages—cells that can both promote or prevent inflammation—that suppress rather than promote.
    In their mouse model, investigators at the Medical College of Georgia and Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University have also shown that whole body vibration alters the microbiome, a collection of microorganisms in and on our body, which help protect us from invaders and, in the gut, help us digest food.
    Changes they saw included increasing levels of a bacterium that makes short chain fatty acids, which can help the body better utilize glucose, they report in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences. Glucose is used by the body for fuel but at high levels promotes inflammation, insulin insensitivity and ultimately can cause diabetes.
    While there were other changes, the most dramatic they documented was the 17-fold increase in this bacterium called Alistipes, a gut bacterium not typically in high supply there but known to be proficient at making short chain fatty acids which, in turn, are "very good" at decreasing inflammation in the gut, says Dr. Jack Yu, chief of pediatric plastic surgery at MCG. Alistipes, which helps ferment our food without producing alcohol, generally improves the metabolic status of our gut and makes us more proficient at using the glucose we consume for energy.

More at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...-diabetes.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When my mom lived with us I used to take her to the spa for facials. Anyway, I saw a vibration contraption in one of the rooms and the girl told me it was for weight loss and that it actually works. Sounded like bull$#@! to me but if it's actually changing your gut microbes, then there might actually be something to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So there really are benefits, riding a Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I would actually recommend an excision concert to get the full effects.. or bassnectar, or any other heavy bass music live.

Some pure molly will add to the therapeutic effects.

If anybody needs a good suggestion, PM me your general location and what type of music you're into.

It's actually not as loud as it looks. What they do is turn the mids and trebles to reasonable levels, and crank the bass up to extremes you've never dreamed of. The bass doesn't hurt your ears at concerts, it's the loud trebles and mids. Metal/rock can be an eardrum killer. They do make special ear plugs you can wear that tone it down slightly but make it so you can still hear the music pretty well. Probably won't need them, though.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-06-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Or a horse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

As a person who has been a professional dancer and martial arts and yoga instructor I have always told students to shake out their muscles and to bounce around after working out to help reduce inflammation and prevent soreness. Trampolines are also good. I have seen bounce chairs too. You don't really need a machine to get this reaction.

I will say this the more you move the better quality of physical health you will have. The less you move the sooner you will lose your health. Get a whole lot of shaking going on babe.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I would actually recommend an excision concert to get the full effects.. or bassnectar, or any other heavy bass music live.

Some pure molly will add to the therapeutic effects.

If anybody needs a good suggestion, PM me your general location and what type of music you're into.

It's actually not as loud as it looks. What they do is turn the mids and trebles to reasonable levels, and crank the bass up to extremes you've never dreamed of. The bass doesn't hurt your ears at concerts, it's the loud trebles and mids. Metal/rock can be an eardrum killer. They do make special ear plugs you can wear that tone it down slightly but make it so you can still hear the music pretty well. Probably won't need them, though.
    Hmm. That was actually pretty cool.
    I liked the sound, it was soothing. I can imagine how awesome that would be in person.
    The only thing I didn't like was the repetitive "earthquake..earthquake..earthquake...earthquake.. .earthquake...earthquake.."

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Hmm. That was actually pretty cool.
    I liked the sound, it was soothing. I can imagine how awesome that would be in person.
    The only thing I didn't like was the repetitive "earthquake..earthquake..earthquake...earthquake.. .earthquake...earthquake.."
    It's a tension builder that is meant to be released during the bass drop, and the bass drop simulates the orgasm. House music, which is what most electronic dance music is derived from, is a formulaic version of music that simulates a multi-orgasmic session of sexual intercourse.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Did not know that.
    weird. wild.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Did not know that.
    weird. wild.
    At least 90% of the DJs out their are dudes.

80-90% of my fav dj's are females.

By 2:40 in this one if you have some bass in your speakers will start to see what I'm talking about with how the music vibrates you if you had more serious wattage.

Therapeutic af... Thousands of genres.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-06-2019 at 10:56 PM.

When my son was a baby, he loved his vibrating bouncy seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.