View Poll Results: Should Rand Challenge Trump For The 2020 GOP Nomination?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 61.54%
  • No

16 30.77%
  • Unsure

4 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Rand Challenge Trump For The 2020 GOP Nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    The current political narrative and climate won't be changed if Rand reprises his last run. The establishment isn't going to back him unless he fully sells out (and even then, why not just back someone who has been with them for years or decades?), in which case every one of us would be gone, and the anti-establishment isn't going for Rand unless he sheds his whole persona for 2020 - and those who value consistency would be suspicious of such a change, anyway.
    The establishment is never going to back him under any circumstances whatever, because his goal is to burn them to the ground.

The "anti-establishment" is mostly a rather confused floating vote that could potentially go with Rand.

The nationalists err if they think they own "anti-establishment"; as we did in the past, before the nationalists took it from us.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hope he does but we need to figure out how to bypass the fake news and fake internet political industrial complex. We need a medium where people can discuss politics and not self censor because you know you are being monitored. I think that is going to be the biggest hurdle, because the government controls too much information and is going to grab more over the next few years.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I really hope he does but we need to figure out how to bypass the fake news and fake internet political industrial complex. We need a medium where people can discuss politics and not self censor because you know you are being monitored. I think that is going to be the biggest hurdle, because the government controls too much information and is going to grab more over the next few years.
    Another reason to do the Democratic fight. They're generally easier to reach without buying a radio station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

THE issue is "BRING THEM HOME"
    That'll get about 5%.

There is no more anti-war left, and the anti-war right is small.

But "no nation building" is close, and that's pretty popular.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There is no more anti-war left...
    Now that they aren't motivated to give Obama cover, and now that the sitting president has finally gone full neocon, it's about to be rekindled.

Between that and the fact that we know we can make hay with them arguing that local governments do a better job of helping people than the federal government does, also especially when Republicans are in control in Washington, we can seriously gain traction on that side of the aisle.

Seriously.

That'll get about 5%.
    And if there are seventeen candidates running in the Democratic primaries? Trump won the first few he took with about six percent of the total population in those states. He did. We can totally work with a number like that.

There won't be seventeen candidates trying to primary Trump. But if they try to rat$#@! Democrats the way they ratfucked Republicans, by running seventeen candidates in the primaries so the craziest faction wins, then we can totally throw it to the superdelegates with six percent of the population of Iowa. If Trump can do it, we can sure as hell do it.

I know all the former Democrats who came to Ron Paul got run off by official and unofficial means during this last election, and most of the people who are not currently afraid to log in here would rather eat glass than even talk to Democrats. But you see the words I typed here. We need numbers. We desperately need the people who are as alienated from this Brave New Antifa Left as we are from the neocons. And we can damned well get them, if we try. I'm damned if we can't.

Antiwar, anti-corruption, anti-violence Democrats. We can work with them. Tulsi Gabbard deserves us, and we deserve the allies we'd befriend in the process.

Come on you lurkers, you people who have been afraid to log in since Bryan and Brian made us stop being mean to racists, you people who saw the handwriting on the wall and spent a cycle reluctantly pulling for Sanders because of the Wicked Witch of the West. You remember your password. Chime in here. Look at this pile of lameness...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...to-run-in-2020

...and chime in!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-22-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

That'll get about 5%.

There is no more anti-war left, and the anti-war right is small.

But "no nation building" is close, and that's pretty popular.
    no, what people don't like is non intervention isolationism because it doesn't sound good. No nation building and America first just sounds better and means nothing out of context. We need to figure out how to market liberty to the ignorant masses who want freedom but can't think for themselves. I know for a fact if you were to articulate the policy and poll people on it we would win, but we do not know how to sell it to people. It almost sounds like a scam, vote for me and I won't take your money. Yeah that's what they all say.

Why is it all on Rand? Is he not doing enough now?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I don't pretend to speak for others but my motivation for voting yes is because I love liberty and I think he is still liberty's only chance at survival.

It is of course up to him, but the rest of us want somebody good to run, I gave a list near the top of the thread of others I know of that might be good but Rand is the most prominent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by not.your.average.joe View Post
    I'm young and I've got nothing but time and energy. Right now I feel like a compressed spring, just waiting for someone to come along and give me the ok to DO something for them. The problem with a compressed spring is that it loses potential energy the longer it remains compressed. So if Rand doesn't run in 2020, SOMEONE from Swordsmyth's list better run and they better give me that ok. Because if they run and don't ask me to volunteer, I'm just going to have to volunteer myself. And yes, I know I'm young and inexperienced and probably over enthused, but that's what makes the grassroots special, right?
    You are the future. Don't wait for a presidential candidate. Find candidates from county commission up to Governor or Senator to support. Your candidates will lose often but someday you will have some victory. Get in politics if you want to do the right thing no matter the cost, if you expect to win short term or most of the time you will be disappointed. It's a rough game, but the upside is almost nobody plays it. Out of a thousand voters you might not find one volunteer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If there are any other challengers, then absolutely he should. If it means stepping up to Donald Trump one on one, well, that's a choice Rand will have to make. Does he want to spend his political capital that way? If he thinks it is a good decision, I'd support him without hesitation.
    He should do it even if he is the only challenger. Hell, he should do it especially if he is the only challenger. If there are multiple challengers then Rand will be seen as just another "establishment republican." If he is the only challenger then he will reclaim the title of "anti-establishment" from that phony, pro war, anti liberty, pro asset forfeiture, race baiting, toupee' wearing, smirking, loudmouthed, jackass, POS, POTUS we currently have. The liberty movement will not survive another 4 years of Donald J. Trump. I seriously wish Steve Bannon were president instead of Trump. In doing all of my research I have found zero evidence that Steve Bannon is racist. Post Charlottesville Steve Bannon simply called the nazi thugs "clowns" and said the left is engaging in "identity politics." Had Trump said that, this Charlottesville nonsense would be over. Steve Bannon in that same interview said that a military option against North Korea is unthinkable because North Korea's conventional arsenal could wipe out our armed forces in South Korea. The only way to take out North Korea would be to withdraw our forces from South Korea first. Guess what? He's freaking right! Trump got rid of the only sensible person in his entire cabinet. The time for going along with Trump because he's "sticking it to the establishment" IS OVER! He is doing more damage to us and our brand than he is doing to the establishment. Wake up and smell the tyranny.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Now is not 2020.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

My eldest daughter was an avid soccer player. She had hope and dreams of playing on the Women's US Olympic Soccer team. My ex-wife her mother encouraged that. My ex also thought she could get college scholarships playing soccer. My daughter had awesome ball handling skills but is only about 5'4" tall. I told my daughter that I knew that she loved soccer and that I thought she was an awesome soccer player but that she was often not even the best player on the field. I told her that if she is going up against players much taller and larger than her she would be at a disadvantage. Why would I devote limited resources or encourage her to devote time, money, and effort into an unrealistic dream. She graduated High School with a 4.72 GPA. I tried to encourage her to pursue academic interests. Today she is 30. We have always had an exceptional relationship. I think she has always admired me for telling her things from a realistic perspective. FWIW she blew out either one or both of her knees and had a couple of surgeries when she was still a teen.

If I cannot do something, I remain productive by focusing on the things I can do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If I cannot do something, I remain productive by focusing on the things I can do well.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Now that they aren't motivated to give Obama cover, and now that the sitting president has finally gone full neocon, [the anti-war left is] about to be rekindled.

Between that and the fact that we know we can make hay with them arguing that local governments do a better job of helping people than the federal government does, also especially when Republicans are in control in Washington, we can seriously gain traction on that side of the aisle.

Seriously.

We desperately need the people who are as alienated from this Brave New Antifa Left as we are from the neocons.
    Sound points

Come on you lurkers, you people who have been afraid to log in since Bryan and Brian made us stop being mean to racists, you people who saw the handwriting on the wall and spent a cycle reluctantly pulling for Sanders because of the Wicked Witch of the West. You remember your password. Chime in here. Look at this pile of lameness...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...to-run-in-2020

...and chime in!
    Seconded

I would vote for Rand , but I remain unconvinced that it would not be wasted money spent .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Much can happen between now and then, but someone I respect once stated "Let it not be said that we did nothing." Rand should listen to this remarkable individual.
    One doesn't have to run for president in order to be doing something. He does plenty in his role as senator and given the way he was treated even by those that should have supported him last time, I wouldn't blame him one bit for not wanting to waste his time.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm very conflicted. I think it would be hilarious to primary the $#!+ out of that orange clown. I'd love it. But on the other hand, I'm realistic enough to realize that defeating a sitting Republican president in Republican primaries is about as likely as turning Hillary honest. Which means Rand could cost himself by doing it. He could cost himself Senate allies. He could cost himself popularity among red meat Republidiots in Kentucky, or in 2024. Is there anything to gain to compensate for those risks?

On the other hand, the extreme end of the liberal spectrum is being encouraged to go stark raving mad. Liberals got screwed by Hillary's superdelegates, and they're being tarred by these goons who self-identify as being like them when they're nothing like the traditional, peace-loving lib.

I think it's time to do to the Democratic Party what we did to the GOP. Let's get the Deep State in a pincers. Time to hit their Left flank for a change. If they can screw us in a bipartisan manner, then we can damned well fight back in a bipartisan manner. The Deep State did just as much to torpedo them by blacking out their most electable candidate--Webb--and did just as much to screw them at the convention--with superdelegates. They're pissed. They're ripe for the picking.

Tulsi Gabbard?
    Must spread rep
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would vote for Rand , but I remain unconvinced that it would not be wasted money spent .
    That's a practical consideration. How much money would he be able to raise for a POTUS run? Does he want to ask supporters for money for a long shot POTUS run?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That's a practical consideration. How much money would he be able to raise for a POTUS run? Does he want to ask supporters for money for a long shot POTUS run?
    If I was him I probably could not bring myself to waste the resources . But I am old and practical by nature . He will do what is right at the time . I trust him .

I voted no .

no, what people don't like is non intervention isolationism because it doesn't sound good. No nation building and America first just sounds better and means nothing out of context. We need to figure out how to market liberty to the ignorant masses who want freedom but can't think for themselves. I know for a fact if you were to articulate the policy and poll people on it we would win, but we do not know how to sell it to people. It almost sounds like a scam, vote for me and I won't take your money. Yeah that's what they all say.
    I think it is a bigger uphill battle then this. I think if you were to articulate the purpose behind the policies of 'neo-conservatism' 'realism' and 'non-interventionism' they would be inseparable. What we need (assuming the goal is positive election outcome) is to prove why ours is the best policy suited to achieve that commonly shared purpose, and why the others fail to be able to achieve it. And I don't think that has been done (as evidenced by polls showing favor for militarism, as evidenced by election results showing favor for militarism). On the bright side though, convincing people with shared desires (peace, stability, prosperity) is a more surmountable obstacle then convincing some conjured group of people who are incapable of thinking. And the government does a great job showing the failures of the other policies in achieving the shared purpose. On top of that many of our 'enemies' have been vocal that they do not seek war and that war has been a result of the other policies.

Someone should! Personally I think Amash has the most cross-over appeal, and he's at least as good as Rand when it comes to town halls. But I think it should be determined (in the hypothetical that Amash, Massie, and Rand all are willing to run) by who has the greatest chances. A dull dem contest would-- could-- benefit a republican challenger. Messing with their contest will only ensure less people feel comfortable cross-over voting for us.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Someone should! Personally I think Amash has the most cross-over appeal, and he's better least as good as Rand when it comes to town halls. But I think it should be determined (in the hypothetical that Amash, Massie, and Rand all are willing to run) by who has the greatest chances. A dull dem contest would-- could-- benefit a republican challenger. Messing with their contest will only ensure less people feel comfortable cross-over voting for us.
    Amash may be the best choice. He can articulate the libertarian position with an educational goal, and so much better if he has success. It would raise his visibility. Win-win.

Amash can't win a southern state. Massie knows how, Rand used to know how and might figure out again. No one who condemns all pro history groups and supports same sex marriage has a chance in most red states. I miss Ron Paul.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

In order to win you have to either be popular or have the ability to be popular. I think Michael Moore said something like if Tom Hanks ran for president he would get elected. Well lets face it Tom Hanks is a likable person. If Mr. Hanks ran against Rand with the same ideology, Hanks would win.
    We need someone that is popular or that can be popular that the masses want to support. The message is secondary. People support the person and gravitate toward their ideals.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    One battle at a time, gotta win the primary first.

Just ask Jeb.
    Rand could have had a compelling shot in 2016 primary race but he made a huge blunder by making his no.1 target Trump - the very guy who was being seen by GOP base as the most vocal critic of their "enemy no.1" Obama. Trump played dirty but he was shrewed enough to diffrentiate himself through the art of street communications. On our dumb foreign policy, Trump was saying some of the same things that Ron Paul used to say in his own style but he stood apart from the "moderated" GOP pack when he called Obama "founding father of ISIS", called media liars, attacked Bush, Lindsey Graham, McCain, Obama, Hillary, little Marco all in same breath.
    Do you believe Rand will be willing to call Hillary "founding mama of ISIS" in current atmosphere?

In any case, even if he seriously could consider 2020 at some point later, for now it would be better to not get in the way while Trump softens up some of the same entities that would be later attacking Rand as "isolationist"and with other names when he does start talking about putting America First and starts attacking his fellow Dem/GOP senators.

Rand would certainly be huge improvement over friends of DGP type teams that some moderate neocons are trying to put together.

Republican Kasich, Democrat Hickenlooper mull joint White House run: media
    Reuters 40m ago

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Rand could have had a compelling shot in 2016 primary race but he made a huge blunder by making his no.1 target Trump - the very guy who was being seen by GOP base as the most vocal critic of their "enemy no.1" Obama.
    The same could be said of Romney or McCain.

Rand's mistake wasn't attacking Trump, but attacking him ineffectively (from the perspective of the average GOPer).

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The same could be said of Romney or McCain.

Rand's mistake wasn't attacking Trump, but attacking him ineffectively (from the perspective of the average GOPer).
    He failed to articulate that the establishment and the fake news were propping up Trumps campaign in order to marginalize him and his ideas, I mean Trump even said he shouldn't be in the debate.

He failed to articulate that the establishment and the fake news were propping up Trumps campaign in order to marginalize him and his ideas, I mean Trump even said he shouldn't be in the debate.
    That's true.

To correct the problem, I suggest verbally and politically beating Trump into a dumb orange pulp in two years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast