Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This fall the Indians on a remote reservation asked their new Chief Oyarde if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he’d never learned the old tribal secrets. He couldn’t look at the sky to predict what the winter was going to be like.

"It's going to be a very cold winter."

So just to be on the safe side, Oyarde told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But after several days, Oyarde had an idea. He went to the reservation’s phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, “Will it be cold this winter?”

“Oh, yes,” the meteorologist at the Weather Service replied, “It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold.”

So the Chief Oyarde went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, Oyarde called the National Weather Service again. “Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?”

“Yes,” the meteorologist again replied, “It’s going to be a very cold.”

The Chief Oyarde again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, Oyarde called the National Weather Service again. “Are you sure it’s going to be very cold winter?”

“Absolutely,” the man replied. “It’s looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we’ve ever seen.”

“How can you be so sure?” the Chief Oyarde asked.

“Simple,” the weatherman replied, “The Indians are collecting a $#@!load of firewood.”
    The Farmers’ Almanac Winter Forecast Has Arrived and It's Not Pretty

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/farm...161600007.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    63 out right now and the high for today will be 77.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Farmers Almanac says AF and Danke will have a nasty winter and Dannno will have a mild one
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Farmers Almanac says AF and Danke will have a nasty winter and Dannno will have a mild one
    I expect you will be shoveling my driveway and walk a lot this winter.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I expect you will be shoveling my driveway and walk a lot this winter.
    My poor ol' back . I have never had a snow thrower but I may have to consider one by 2022 , I may hold out and get a pair of glasses first . I have a lot of wood to split here the next couple months and then property tax , then Christmas ( about 20 grandchildren ), then Mrs O's birthday . I need all of RPF's to pitch in and buy something from the Exit 76 Antique Mall just off I 65 from my cases C239 & P20 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My poor ol' back . I have never had a snow thrower but I may have to consider one by 2022 , I may hold out and get a pair of glasses first . I have a lot of wood to split here the next couple months and then property tax , then Christmas ( about 20 grandchildren ), then Mrs O's birthday . I need all of RPF's to pitch in and buy something from the Exit 76 Antique Mall just off I 65 from my cases C239 & P20 .
    I'll teach you how to use my snowblower when you come over.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

82 right now and the high will be 84 today.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    82 right now and the high will be 84 today.
    Beautiful day . I sharpened my tomahawks ,mowed the Tank Traps on the west side of the property and the ditch on the other side , changed an outdoor light bulb on the back porch , burned a brush pile and unloaded a load of Oak logs off the trailer so I can go fill it up again Mon . Smoked pork chops for dinner tonight . I will probably celebrate with a glass of bourbon.
    Do something Danke

Beautiful day. I worked most of it. Had an old man offer to let me taste his soup. I told him I didn't know him well enough to be tastin' his soup.

I get to post on Mr A's lightening fast computer tonight because he's at work and told me to leave his computer alone. I would but I saw some comments Danke made that I need to respond to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

67 right now and the high for today was 73.

Calvin Coolidge

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice . I’m on the patio at work having a beer and whilst I’m waiting to make sure they drop my need me tonight. They’ve got 1/2 a bud lite to decide and I’m outta here.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Brought my 8 year old nephew to the MN State Fair today. Perfect weather, overcast and around ~70F.

But, holly cow, was that placed packed. I think record levels.

A sea of people in most spots.

And we were not allowed to be armed...perfect place for a deranged shooter, etc.

The bright side, what my nephew enjoyed the most, was "machinery hill" (that was not as crowded). Where he could sit and pretend to operate all kinds of equipment. He really wants me to get him this:

But really wants something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gc-bbfgcqf7lNvk6lh43vO69o.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	7032

So far, his mom says "NO". Momma bear rules...
    Last edited by Danke; 08-31-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Brought my 8 year old nephew to the MN State Fair today. Perfect weather, overcast and around ~70F.

And we were not allowed to be armed...perfect place for a deranged shooter, etc.

The bright side, what my nephew enjoyed the most, was "machinery hill" (that was not as crowded). Where he could sit and pretend to operate all kinds of equipment. He really wants me to get him this:

So far, his mom says "NO"
    Did you meet any nice carnie gals?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Did you meet any nice carnie gals?
    Most carnies are men, the other workers are local. Local teenage girls, collecting tickets etc., not operating the rides.

But I was with my nephew, so I behaved.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Local teenage girls, collecting tickets etc., not operating the rides.
    What's the legal age in MN, 16?

Should have brought @dannno
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What's the legal age in MN, 16?

I don't know, I have never asked.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

The green thing looks pretty safe - probably safer than carnie rides.

I'm tellin ya, get it anyways.

Every family has that "bad uncle.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cloudy right now but theres no chance of rain. 71 right now and the high will be 73.

Calvin Coolidge

Lovely day today . My new chicks from end of April started laying here past couple days . Muh egg business is looking up a bit .
    Do something Danke

Beautiful day. I plan on enjoying the fruits my labor by lounging in the pool and day drinking.

I need to relax. Yesterday, I had to work with the pettiest bitch I’ve ever had the displeasure to be acquainted with. She’s a know it all drama queen but she has a great ass - it bounces when she walks, lol.

Beautiful day. I plan on enjoying the fruits my labor by lounging in the pool and day drinking.

I need to relax. Yesterday, I had to work with the pettiest bitch I’ve ever had the displeasure to be acquainted with. She’s a know it all drama queen but she has a great ass - it bounces when she walks, lol.
    I don't believe you. Prove it. Pictures or video or it's just an excuse to drink.
    "The Patriarch"

One of the floods this spring got up into an axle on a pc of equipment and the water seemed to overide the grease and the bearings rusted . I got one of them beat off today ,after I loaded up a trailer of oak logs , taking a break .
    Do something Danke

Thundering out right now but it supposed to stop by 10.

Edit: Strike that. Its supposed to rain for the rest of the day starting at 2.

Edit: Strike that again. It hasn't rained at all past 2.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-03-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Beautiful dAy

I’m ready for the pool but mr a is hangry and is fixing us some food. He’s making me shrimp and he’s having chicken carbonara and a loaf of cheese bread. Bless his heart, he was talking about losing weight this morning. If he doesn’t slow down, he’ll be as wide as he is y’all.

63 out right now and the high will be 69.

Calvin Coolidge

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beautiful day

Hoping to get in some pool time before we go to dinner. Mr A noticed I was wearing new earrings yesterday and commented that they look nice on my skin but were obviously fake opals. He hinted that I may get something pretty and shiny for my birthday. I suggested a computer - that would be pretty and shiny. I don't think he picked up what I was putting down. Anyway, I've decided to attempt a computer repair. I have two broken laptops that are the exact same. One works but I broke the screen and the other doesn't work but the screen is fine. I watched a Youtube video and tomorrow I'm going to try switching the screens while Mr A is at golf. Hopefully, I can repair a craptop and get some earrings for my birthday.

Beautiful day

Hoping to get in some pool time before we go to dinner. Mr A noticed I was wearing new earrings yesterday and commented that they look nice on my skin but were obviously fake opals. He hinted that I may get something pretty and shiny for my birthday. I suggested a computer - that would be pretty and shiny. I don't think he picked up what I was putting down. Anyway, I've decided to attempt a computer repair. I have two broken laptops that are the exact same. One works but I broke the screen and the other doesn't work but the screen is fine. I watched a Youtube video and tomorrow I'm going to try switching the screens while Mr A is at golf. Hopefully, I can repair a craptop and get some earrings for my birthday.
    Best of luck.
    Do something Danke

Beautiful day , 80 and sunny , 55 tonight , 77 tomorrow . Hope it lasts to Nov 01 .
    Do something Danke

64 right now and the high will be 74.

Calvin Coolidge