Thread: Bride cancels wedding, breaks up, after friends and family refuse to pay for $60k wedding

Exclamation Bride cancels wedding, breaks up, after friends and family refuse to pay for $60k wedding

Bride cancels wedding, breaks up with fiancé after friends and family refuse to pay for $60G nuptials

https://www.mgtow.com/forums/topic/b...nt-pay-enough/

Alexandra Deabler By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

A bride has gone viral after canceling her wedding because friends and family refused to pay for it.

A woman’s long-winded tirade blaming her friends and family for canceling her dream $60,000 wedding has gone viral on social media.

The bizarre story has received a massive response after being shared on Facebook and Reddit by a woman identified as the bride’s cousin.

The Facebook post starts with, “It comes with great sadness that I am announcing the cancellation of the [censored] Wedding. I apologize for cancelling only 4 days beforehand.”

The bride, identified as Susan, then reveals that she and her fiancé have broken up “due to some recent and irreparable problems” before going on to blame her friends and family for “ruin[ing] my marriage and life.”

The woman explained the couple met at 14 and worked together on her family’s farm. They then went to community college and worked and saved to “become financially stable.”

“We managed to save up nearly $15K for a wedding. Since our love was like a fairy tale, we wanted an extravagant blow out wedding, one where our son could be included,” the woman wrote. “We started touring venues and were torn between two. A local psychic told us to go with the more expensive option, and we thought why the hell not?”

"A local psychic told us to go with the more expensive option, and we thought why the hell not?”
    - Susan, bride

The bride went on to say during her foul-mouthed rant that all the couple needed for their grand $60K wedding was “a little push.”

“Our dream wedding amounts to 60K – all included with flights to Aruba. All we asked was for a little help from our friends and family to make it happen.”

The 17-paragraph outburst said the pair “specifically asked for cash gifts” from the guests.

“How could we have OUR wedding that WE dreamed of without proper funding? We’d sacrificed so much and only asked each guest for around $1,500.”

The bride also explained she “made it CLEAR. If you couldn’t contribute, you weren’t invited to our exclusive wedding. It’s a once and a lifetime [sic] party.”

Much to the bride’s dismay, she and her fiancé quickly discovered that people were not willing to pay $1,500 to attend their special day.

“So we sent out RSVP’s and only 8 people replied and sent us the check. We were f---ing livid. How was this supposed to happen without a little help from our friends,” she wrote.

“Desperately, we resent our invites and asked people to donate what they could. I mean seriously people, what is $1,000? What is $1500? Clearly, not a lot,” she continued. “We also set up a go fund me. That only got us $250. At this point we were exhausted, tired.”

The bride said her now-ex suggested they get married in Vegas to save on costs, but she “laughed in his face.”

“He wanted those cheap, raggedy, filthy, whore like Vegas weddings,” she wrote. “Am I some Hooch piece of f---ing trash, a hooker?”

“My ex left the room and didn’t apologize for his horrid suggestion,” she wrote.

The enraged woman then wrote that she took out her frustrations on her Maid of Honor who had promised her $5,000 before backing out.

“How could someone who offered me THOUSANDS OF F---ING DOLLARS then deny me MY promised money and then tell me to shift down my budget???? She KNOWS my f---ing DREAM was a blowout wedding. I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live my life like normal,” she wrote. “I called her a filthy f---ing poor excuse of a friend, and hung up.”

The bride ended her rage by restating that she wanted her friends to pay for her “dream” wedding.

“How hard would it to [sic] have been to f---ing donate friends? Do I matter to you? Just f---ing give me money for my wedding. I won’t even sugarcoat. I won’t even pretend that’s not what I wanted. It was for a dream.”

Many on Reddit and Facebook asked if the post was real, commenting that it was too strange to be true.

“Is this real?!” one wrote.

“It’s too much! It can’t be real, can it?” another wrote on Reddit.

However, the bride’s cousin posted an update ensuring it was real on the Wedding Shaming forum on Facebook where she posted the original screenshots.

“Yes, this is a living breathing human being,” she wrote. “Clearly she has entitlement issues, but I have never known her to be this obnoxious.”

"Do I matter to you? Just f---ing give me money for my wedding. I won’t even sugarcoat."
    - Susan, bride

“Honestly, over the years she’s been nice & overall sweet. No red flags come to mind. She has humble beginnings and has been working on her parents farm since she was young,” the cousin wrote.

The bride’s cousin called out social media and her family members’ obsession with “Kardashian stuff” over the past few years as the cause for the meltdown. The cousin also felt the post may have been written while the bride-to-be was drinking.

“It’s especially vulgar and incredibly embarrassing. It was only up for maybe 15 minutes before she took it down,” the cousin wrote in the follow-up.

Several have commented on the ridiculous request from the betrothed couple. Some on Reddit even called the woman “delusional.”

“Demanding $1500 is insane,” one wrote on Reddit.

“What an entitled delusional individual. Pay for your own damn wedding. So glad he walked,” another wrote, referring to the groom.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is she on the Hot/Crazy matrix?

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-20-2018 at 01:53 PM.

"A local psychic told us to go with the more expensive option
    She should have checked in with a psychiatrist instead.

Brother didn't dodge a bullet...he dodged the Tsar Bomba

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Lol. Ya got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Our son?
    He's well and thoroughly $#@!ed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya I would not give her anything , ever . Even if she was related to me . I would laugh , sail it into the trash and say to myself " a day in the life of the Great Oyarde saved " .
    Do something Danke

First of all, I am highly skeptical of something so outrageous like this. This could easily be a work of fiction towards some ends...

If real, I’ve said it many times before, this would be the result of the Kardashian, reality TV culture that now exists in the minds of so many young women. They live in a world of fantasy, with expectations so far removed from reality that it’s no wonder that they will sometimes fully break from reality, as seems to be the case here. It’s sad.

“He wanted those cheap, raggedy, filthy, whore like Vegas weddings,” she wrote. “Am I some Hooch piece of f---ing trash, a hooker?”
    Odds are high that you regularly make yourself up like a “Hooch piece of f---ing trash”, and post selfies all day on social media. (In between posts saying “OMG! I was walking down the street and this creepy guy looked at me! That’s sexual harassment!”)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gone are the days when a woman remarked "He bought me this lovely ring. It cost him nearly a month in wages and we can ill afford that, what with feeding the children and the other expenses. Our preacher married us and everyone brought so much potluck that no one left hungry. I just madly adore him."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Our son?
    Apparently, the modern “fairy tale” has the baby(s) being born before the fantasy wedding.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I guess this means she's single now.
    @Danke
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

No pics?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well, that was rather all-of-a-sudden.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I guess this means she's single now.
    @Danke
    You really feel she is in the emotional position to be let down further ?
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You really feel she is in the emotional position to be let down further ?
    No but maybe what she needs is to hit rock bottom . Only then she can see all the mistakes she has made . I think Danke can help her with that .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    First of all, I am highly skeptical of something so outrageous like this. This could easily be a work of fiction towards some ends...
    Unfortunately, this story has been out there a while. The whole wedding industry is a scam. The entire experience from the proposal to the honeymoon is designed to be a big, fat adrenaline rush. There are churches who are now convincing couples to forego the expensive party and have a simple wedding with guests who are committed to the vision of marriage and their life together. This thread links easily with the one about bachelorette parties.

We are not far away from our 39th anniversary. We understand that traditional weddings are supposed to be celebrations. It’s about the reality, not the fantasy.

We have a daughter who wanted to invite the whole world. So we had a large wedding. It was largely a DIY kind of event, but it was unforgettable to the 350 people who attended. Her attendants included 16 children she babysat over the years. They lined the aisles, did choreography and waved streamers as she and her dad walked down the aisle. 16 dowels and miles of ribbon were totally worth it.
    Last edited by euphemia; 09-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

If this woman wants a $60k wedding, she should pay for it the way everyone else does, by taking out $60k in student loans
    - Kim Kardashian

What is happening with this ladies child while she backpacks the globe?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    In her fantasy world, there are nannies and babysitters to take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Unfortunately, this story has been out there a while. The whole wedding industry is a scam.
    Of course. No better scam than to take advantage of people under emotional stress. They will pay or do anything.

Include with the wedding industry the other big scams to take advantage of those under emotional duress; the health care and insurance industry, and the death/burial industry.

the death/burial industry.

"Just cause we're bereaved doesn't make us saps!!"

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I wonder what this woman looks like.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    "Just cause we're bereaved doesn't make us saps!!"

Lol... $180? You couldn’t get out of one of those places for $180 if you tried. $10k is about the going rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    +rep for catching that, I had missed it.

Getting dumped with mom and dad probably.

Hopefully staying with her father.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Lol... $180? You couldn’t get out of one of those places for $180 if you tried. $10k is about the going rate.
    $180 was just for the urn, Walter ended up going to Ralph's and getting a can of Folger's.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    $180 was just for the urn, Walter ended up going to Ralph's and getting a can of Folger's.
    I sold a red brass urn ( empty ) to the scrap yard once , got 8.00 for it . Found it in my garage . Must have been there when I bought the place ,
    Do something Danke