Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Republican pulls even with anti-Trump Democrat in solid-blue Oregon governor's race

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So because his opponent is a anti-Trump democrat were supposed to be cheering this guy? Lol

Lost me right there.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    xxxxx
    Why are your posts coming up for me as "xxxxx" and nothing else?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=23064467

Is that displaying correctly for everyone else?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

I think voluntarist changed it:
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    This was what it used to say:
    Originally Posted by Voluntarist

On a similar note, what makes her part of the "blue wave"? Are voters coming to dislike her based upon ideological grounds (i.e.: part of the blue wave), or is it more personal:
    - they see her as a poor executive that is incapable of running Oregon's childcare system
    - they see her as someone in power who is far from transparent
    - they see her as someone who at the very minimum displays the appearance of violating campaign finance laws
    - they see her as someone who uses public funds for personal expenses

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

He did it to all of his posts- going back years. Unless there was some way to automate it, must have taken a very long time. He mentioned to me he wanted to close his account here and leave.

I deluded myself into thinking there was something redeeming about the site. I'm no longer even the slightest bit suspicious of any redeeming value.

So long, and thanks for all the fish
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-07-2018 at 08:20 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He did it to all of his posts. He mentioned to me he wanted to close his account here and leave.
    You should join him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You should join him.
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.

Corruption in the Governor’s Mansion in Oregon is nothing new. Indeed, the state’s current Governor, Kate Brown, only took office when she did because her predecessor was forced to resign due to corruption charges.
    So revelations of her Administration being corrupt shouldn’t be much of a surprise, and are plentiful.
    A recent report from Forbes lays out the corruption charges against her.
    And just today Project Veritas released a video in which an undercover journalist records one of Brown’s former campaign managers confirming the claims of corruption against her.

In the bombshell video, Michael Kolenc, who served as Brown’s campaign manager in 2016, openly discusses shady, and possibly illegal activities he observed while working for Brown.

The first major revelation is that Brown likely broke Oregon election law by having her state-funded office direct campaign activities. Kolenc alludes to the fact that Brown violated that law when her Chief of Staff got him fired.
    KOLENC: “Well, yeah, the government side can’t direct the campaign side, which is what was happening.”
    JOURNALIST: “How so?”
    KOLENC: “Well, the [Governor’s] chief of staff is the one who got me fired.”
    When asked about if the Governor is aware of these potential violations, Kolenc asserts that she “had to have known.”

Kolenc also divulged into corrupt actions by Brown in order to monetarily benefit herself. He talked about a “quid-pro-quo” deal with Comcast in which Brown wrote a letter in favor of a controversial merger with Time Warner Cable in return for $10,000 in campaign contributions. Kolenc mistakenly claims she received $100,000, instead of $10,000.
    KOLENC: “It was something in 20– it was something earlier in her tenure, but she had written a letter for Comcast and they gave her like $100,000 check or something. And it was just like, it didn’t look good, and it shouldn’t look good. She didn’t do anything illegal, but the perception that it’s a quid-pro-quo, like I’m going to write a letter of support for something, and you’re going to write me a $100,000 check, it doesn’t look good.”
    JOURNALIST: “Oh, she did that?”
    KOLENC: “Yes, she absolutely did that, yeah. It was before I got there, but that type of thing, when you’re trying to appeal to working-class people that don’t have that money, they don’t understand it…”
    Not only that, but Kolenc believes Brown continues to receive these kinds of contributions in return for favors, calling it “shady as f#$&” and “really discouraging.”
    To watch the full Project Veritas Report click here.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/verita...-public-funds/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123