Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Flynn Exonerated!

Exclamation General Flynn Exonerated!

AP Exclusive: Justice Dept dropping Flynn's criminal case
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DOJ Drops Michael Flynn Prosecution

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...rce=whatfinger

Joel B. Pollak 7 May 2020

The Department of Justice is reportedly dropping its prosecution of former National Security Adviser General Michael Flynn (Ret.), according to the Associated Press.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Department is dropping criminal case against ex-Trump adviser Flynn, according to court filing obtained by AP.

— Mike Balsamo (@MikeBalsamo1) May 7, 2020

The news comes a week after new evidence released to Flynn’s lawyers showed FBI agents apparently attempting to trap Flynn into lying to them, hoping he would be prosecuted or fired. The evidence also suggested they knew he had not committed a separate crime.

Earlier Thursday, prosecutor Brandon Van Grack withdrew from the case.

Flynn had been director of the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Barack Obama but was fired. He then joined Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, shaping its foreign policy and introducing Trump at rallies.

After Trump won, Flynn shaped the national security policies of the incoming administration and was picked to serve as National Security Adviser. In that capacity, he held conversations with foreign officials, including then-Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak were picked up by wiretaps of the ambassador, and his name was “unmasked” by Obama administration officials and leaked to the media. At the same time, the Obama Department of Justice investigated Flynn under the Logan Act of 1799, which prevents private citizens from conducting diplomacy but is rarely enforced.

Though the FBI found no evidence of wrongdoing — as shown in documents produced by the FBI to Flynn’s lawyer, Sidney Powell, last week — senior officials kept the case open.

Then-FBI Director James Comey sent FBI agents to meet with Flynn informally at the White House, hoping to trap Flynn into lying about his conversations with Kislyak.

Flynn was later prosecuted for lying to the FBI, and pleaded guilty, under pressure and on the advice of his former counsel from Covington and Burling LLP. He lost his position in the White House and had to sell his house to pay his legal fees.

At the time, Flynn’s prosecution was seen by Democrats and the media as the foundation for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of supposed “collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia.

But Mueller found no evidence of “collusion,” and as evidence began to emerge of misconduct by the FBI and the DOJ, Flynn moved earlier this year to withdraw his guilty plea.

The case against Flynn is now over.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-07-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

So, now, who is going to be held accountable for using the justice system to destroy this man's life for political gain?
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

The Mueller team prosecutor, Brandon Van Grack, is trying to save his career. He illegally withheld Brady evidence. Judge Sullivan would have exonerated Flynn just as he did with Ted Stevens. Sullivan would have likely filed a report with the Bar Association recommending they cancel Van Grack's law license. That may still happen.

Then-FBI Director James Comey sent FBI agents to meet with Flynn informally at the White House, hoping to trap Flynn into lying about his conversations with Kislyak.

Flynn was later prosecuted for lying to the FBI, and pleaded guilty, under pressure and on the advice of his former counsel from Covington and Burling LLP. He lost his position in the White House and had to sell his house to pay his legal fees.

If this doesn't show you just how corrupt the current Democratic Party is and what a profound bunch of liars they are, then you have to be totally blind. I hope he sues the ever living $#@! out of everybody involved in this entire charade.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Awesome!!

Hope he goes back into GOV & into a powerful position that best suits him & our Country

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think it would be great to put Flynn in charge of the FBI. Then you would see some real passion for cleaning $#@! up.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I think it would be great to put Flynn in charge of the FBI. Then you would see some real passion for cleaning $#@! up.
    THIS.

This is going to make the democrats and MSM look very bad before the general election in Nov, they accused General Flynn wrongful. So what if the general went to a dinner where there was Putin?

Maybe there should questions on the MSM and Media and why the media is defending the Chinese gov heavily?

I suspect he paid the price for saying "Lock Her Up", Clintons have strong pull with globalsit neocons on both sides R & D labels game of the gullibles. Ironically, none of the Swamp Was Drained while MF was subject of investigations.

To give credit where due, GOPA leader himself nver said 'Lock Her Up' and just smirked while his supporters chanted that slogan at rallies during election season non-fooling phase.

Snowden, Assange could be next in getting MAGA pardons?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    May 17, 2019

It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Awesome!!

Hope he goes back into GOV & into a powerful position that best suits him & our Country
    I couldn't agree more and this is one man President Trump can truly trust.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Absolutely!

Just don't forget these words from Chuck Schumer...

Sounds great.

Flynn is needed in the NSC, he was about to help Trump get rid of MIC/INTEL deep state actors, thats why he was knocked out first.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-08-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Absolutely!

Just don't forget these words from Chuck Schumer...

Regardless of what some here say when they pretend that Trump is just another neocon, the globalists are losing.

Did you see Comey's tweet to the Deep State yesterday?

Once Trump wins in Nov, the career deep state people will be jumping ship like the rats that they are.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Regardless of what some here say when they pretend that Trump is just another neocon, the globalists are losing.

Did you see Comey's tweet to the Deep State yesterday?

Once Trump wins in Nov, the career deep state people will be jumping ship like the rats that they are.
    $5 says I bet they wont be. I believe Trump will more than likely win in November too, but he wont be draining $hit.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    $5 says I bet they wont be. I believe Trump will more than likely win in November too, but he wont be draining $hit.
    I don't have any delusions about cleaning DC up, that will forever be a swamp. I do see some really bad corrupt people leaving though.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

AP Exclusive: Justice Dept dropping Flynn's criminal case
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    "exoneration" is a fake word buddy. Communists invented that. Its not a legal term in our republic. "exoneration" is the opposite of "innocent until proven guilty"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    "exoneration" is a fake word buddy. Communists invented that. Its not a legal term in our republic. "exoneration" is the opposite of "innocent until proven guilty"
    Okay, vindicated.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Not even that. Vindication of someone accused of an offense, in law, means that the accused has been through the process and the evidence, as evaluated by a jury or judge, has failed to prove them guilty - there's no chance that the accused will be prosecuted again for the same instance of the offense they're accused of. What's transpired here is that the prosecution has terminated the process before the process reached a conclusion. There's nothing stopping another prosecutor (say in a subsequent Democratic administration) from picking the charges up again and proceeding with another prosecution, so long as the statute of limitations for the offense has not expired.
    Good Lord, okay he has been found not-guilty of rogue FBI agents entrapment charges.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

No, that's just it. He hasn't been found NOT GUILTY of anything; there hasn't been any finding. If you want to be vindicated or found not guilty, then you have to wait for the legal process to complete and make that determination. Still to be determined is whether the judge in the matter will dismiss the charges. I can't see any reason that he wouldn't, but judges are black-robed pharaohs within their realm and are generally loathe to dismiss charges against someone who has admitted guilt. This one had accepted Flynn's guilty plea and might be miffed that someone who pled guilty may be set free. The judge could be swayed by the fact that Van Grack withdrew from the case so abruptly (which could indicate to the judge that political forces were at play in dropping the charges). Here's what's yet to come:

It's quite possible that the judge will deduce that Flynn was coerced into his guilty plea - but how sure are you that the judge (that pharaoh in the black robe who used to be a prosecutor) will find that the evidence which was withheld was exculpatory? I think Flynn, throughout this legal process, has demonstrated the utmost decorum and respect to the court - and that works in his favor. But he did plead guilty, and the judge is going to have to reach his own conclusion on what that actually means.

Imagine being in Flynn's position without the connections, power and resources that Flynn can tap into.
    Oh I understand. Judge Sullivan has to make the final decision, but if he chooses to not drop the charges I suspect his comfy career is over. Especially now that General Flynn has Sydney Powell on his team.

Flynn's plea agreement documents can be read here: https://www.lawfareblog.com/michael-...ment-documents

Note that although he was charged with and pleaded guilty to only lying to the FBI, the Statement of the Offense document (which Flynn admitted was accurate) says that he also made false statements in a filing with the Department of Justice relating to his company's lobbying efforts on behalf of Turkey. Per paragraph 3 of the Plea Agreement, the government agreed not to prosecute him for this matter.

Query: if the judge throws out Flynn's guilty plea, can he be prosecuted for his false filings with the DOJ? This is really an academic question, since there's no way Trump would allow Barr to do so.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 05-09-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Does anyone who's happy about this news actually like Flynn, or is it just that you dislike the Dems, and they dislike him?

For all the Flynn talk, I don't recall anyone ever explaining why he's a good guy who we should be cheering on.

And so now you have it - like they say, "It ain't over til the fat lady sings"

Judge blocks effort to drop charges against Michael Flynn
    Do not underestimate Sydney Powell, she is not someone to tackle with.

Sidney Powell Argues that Judge Sullivan Can’t Appoint an Amicus at Same Time as Applauding the Time He Did Far More
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/05/1...-did-far-more/

Do not underestimate Sydney Powell, she is not someone to tackle with.

Sidney Powell Argues that Judge Sullivan Can’t Appoint an Amicus at Same Time as Applauding the Time He Did Far More
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2020/05/1...-did-far-more/
    From FR:

Flynn Case Docket ...

May 13, 2020

MINUTE ORDER as to MICHAEL T. FLYNN. On May 11, 2020, Chambers
    received proposed amici curiae’s “Notice of Intent to File
    Motion for Leave to File Brief as Amicus Curiae or Application
    Under Local Rule 57.6” and “Statement of Interest.” In light
    of the Court’s forthcoming Scheduling Order governing the
    submission of any amicus curiae briefs, leave to file the
    submission by proposed amici curiae is DENIED. The Clerk of
    Court is directed not to docket the filing submitted by
    proposed amici curiae. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on
    5/13/2020. (lcegs3)

May 13, 2020
    MINUTE ORDER as to MICHAEL T. FLYNN denying 201 Defendant’s
    Sealed Motion for Leave to File Document Under Seal;
    construing 203 Defendant’s Sealed Document as a motion and
    denying as moot the relief requested; denying as moot 204
    Defendant’s Motion to Strike and Opposition to Notice of
    Intent to File Motion for Leave to File Amicus Brief. Signed
    by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on 5/13/2020. (lcegs3)

Good news. The “Watergate Prosecutors” are not going to get Sullivan’s microphone.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Does anyone who's happy about this news actually like Flynn, or is it just that you dislike the Dems, and they dislike him?

For all the Flynn talk, I don't recall anyone ever explaining why he's a good guy who we should be cheering on.
    He sure as $#@! is a lot more useful to liberty than you.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/statu...05216829239296

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast