Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump voters motivated by racism may be violating the Constitution.

Thank you for your time and consideration to forward this important matter Sir. I will be back on at around 4:00 AM his time to check in...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Thank you for your time and consideration to forward this important matter Sir. I will be back on at around 4:00 AM his time to check in...
    I don't think the Texican has any real power here either, he is a comedy account.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Danke is just a compulsive jester, I don't think he has any power here.
    I never assume anything and always give the benefit of doubt. Better to end up right than to end up wrong. This is the mistake they make on another board by assuming and stoning me as the village idiot. Which is actually just fine with me...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I never assume anything and always give the benefit of doubt. Better to end up right than to end up wrong. This is the mistake they make on another board by assuming and stoning me as the village idiot. Which is actually just fine with me...
    I'd be happy to be wrong because I like Danke and the Texican but knowing them I think your leg is being pulled.

I also don't think Danke or the Texican would agree with the recent ban rampage.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'd be happy to be wrong because I like Danke and the Texican but knowing them I think your leg is being pulled.

I also don't think Danke or the Texican would agree with the recent ban rampage.
    Then they need to grow a pair and help reverse it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Saying someone who said someone might not need banned might not need banned might be a bannable offense.
    They have been sacked.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    OK, who is the grown up in the room? Seriously...
    Members will only be banned for repeated violation of the guidelines. And given many chances. If they show signs of improvement the can be allowed back.

No bans for disallowed opinions, etc.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

"TRUMP VOTERS MOTIVATED BY RACISM MAY BE VIOLATING THE CONSTITUTION." The Constitution is a limitation on government, not individual voters no mater how despicable that individuals motivation may be.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMo P48 View Post
    "TRUMP VOTERS MOTIVATED BY RACISM MAY BE VIOLATING THE CONSTITUTION." The Constitution is a limitation on government, not individual voters no mater how despicable that individuals motivation may be.
    And mind reading isn't considered legal evidence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Members will only be banned for repeated violation of the guidelines. And given many chances. If they show signs of improvement the can be allowed back.

No bans for disallowed opinions, etc.
    Oh... there is an adult in the room...

Thank you for your time and courtesy to finally reply and address this issue. May I ask a rational and logical curiosity? How would they be able to "show any signs of improvement" if they no longer have access to do this? Have they been banned before in the "many chances" concept? And since they were banned for having a difference of opinion would this fit into the "No bans for disallowed opinions, etc." category?

Just trying make sense of a situation where it looks like thin skinned irrational personal emotions may have come into play here... Seriously boss, if you care about this board and it is more than just an amusement and tax write off, you can't afford to lose any one of these characters over childish trivial drama $#@!.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Oh... there is an adult in the room...

Thank you for your time and courtesy to finally reply and address this issue. May I ask a rational and logical curiosity? How would they be able to "show any signs of improvement" if they no longer have access to do this? Have they been banned before in the "many chances" concept? And since they were banned for having a difference of opinion would this fit into the "No bans for disallowed opinions, etc." category?
    It's not the opinion, it's the behavior of attacking / belittling others, disrupting proper discourse. Per the guidelines.

Banned people can still e-mail the staff, and if you come to the site with a banned account you will get a message of the ban with the staff e-mail. E-mail messages can go a good ways, some people just need a break to refocus. I've had people e-mail saying they understand why and are now in a better place. Some fine balances.

Just trying make sense of a situation where it looks like thin skinned irrational personal emotions may have come into play here... Seriously boss, if you care about this board and it is more than just an amusement and tax write off, you can't afford to lose any one of these characters over childish trivial drama $#@!.
    +1. The staff grants a lot of allowances with a progression of warnings, message edits, infractions, one day bans, week bans, etc.

The key is friendly discourse. We're not all going to agree but we can still be civil about it, being uncivil doesn't really do much anyway and if you do it online you'll tend to do it in person, which is ultimately harmful for our cause. Certainly a goal of ours should be to become better influencers, that can start here with the use of good arguments and logic.... no being uncivil.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It's not the opinion, it's the behavior of attacking / belittling others, disrupting proper discourse. Per the guidelines.

Banned people can still e-mail the staff, and if you come to the site with a banned account you will get a message of the ban with the staff e-mail. E-mail messages can go a good ways, some people just need a break to refocus. I've had people e-mail saying they understand why and are now in a better place. Some fine balances.

+1. The staff grants a lot of allowances with a progression of warnings, message edits, infractions, one day bans, week bans, etc.

The key is friendly discourse. We're not all going to agree but we can still be civil about it, being uncivil doesn't really do much anyway and if you do it online you'll tend to do it in person, which is ultimately harmful for our cause. Certainly a goal of ours should be to become better influencers, that can start here with the use of good arguments and logic.... no being uncivil.
    Do what you like with me but that is bull$#@!. First I know for a fact that emails were indeed sent and acknowledged and replied back to and then outright ignored. Why would I care? Because it is the most un-libertarian thing I have seen happen in a long long time. How many on your knees groveling ass kissing email appeals does it take to make Josh's rear rosy red and tickle his fancy?

I read the whole thing and chased it all down...

I have witnessed knock down drag out flame wars here but if you have one hint of a difference of opinion with Josh you immediately get banned. It is not only hypocritical it is not even libertarian. Has it now become so sensitive snowflake childish that all reality and rationality is gone? Honestly this is the most un-libertarian thing I have seen in a looooong time.

Does Josh have something on you or what? At some point as the owner it is time to put your foot down and get control back and exercise better sense. OK, as a concerned brother in liberty I am on my knees... and kissing both your feet and ass to get them reinstated. Is this personal submission and ass kissing what you want from everyone to remain a member here?

$#@! that... We don't do that, and I would never have any respect for any libertarian who would. And You are disingenuous if you ask or require this. Don't lose track, May 9th is the day man...

You have my email if you would like to take this off the board...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bryan, could you please reply because my own time is just as important as yours is. Checked my email and nothing. It would be nice to address this and put us behind us all...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123