Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilette makes anti-male commercial

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    A lot do not . When I was about 17 all I had was peach fuzz . They made me shave it every day in the Army , after a few years it was like everybody elses .
    Now you get to enjoy a little bit of white privilege.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Now you get to enjoy a little bit of white privilege.
    My beard is white so ......
    Do something Danke

My beard is white so ......
    So that should qualify you for a little more.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The irony is they're advertising to a demographic that doesn't have enough testosterone to shave.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So that should qualify you for a little more.
    I told the guys at the hardware I want the same discount they give Danke, they told me they charge him more .
    Do something Danke

I told the guys at the hardware I want the same discount they give Danke, they told me they charge him more .
    That's understandable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now $#@!ing shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

The question of corporate power both politically and culturally is going to be the most important question of the early 21st Century and boilerplate libertarianism has no remotely interesting or helpful answers to what's actually going on.

BTW for those interested
    https://twitter.com/WokeCapital
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now $#@!ing shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

The question of corporate power both politically and culturally is going to be the most important question of the early 21st Century and boilerplate libertarianism has no remotely interesting or helpful answers to what's actually going on.

BTW for those interested
    https://twitter.com/WokeCapital
    The long term answer is to get rid of the taxes and regulations etc. that protect them from competition, the short and medium term answers are more difficult.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What? Their ad wasn't about plastic disposable razors that destroy the environment and choke sea turtles?

I'll stick to my steel single edge safety razor.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I suppose when one holds a sixth grade schoolyard bully cum POTUS as one's hero, we can't expect much better. Sad state of affairs overall.

And please do not keep your opinions to yourself. Even on those occasions when I disagree your opinion, unlike those of some around here, yours is always worth the effort to read and digest.
    +Rep

Sharing opinions allows us all to look at topics from other perspectives we have not considered. The ideas that help us grow are often the ideas that challenge existing beliefs. Further examination of challenging ideas will either show us a better idea, or show us how things dont work. It is our differences that can unite us and make us strong. On ideas, it is the Idea that we all need to be Cookie Cutter Voters with the same mindset that causes conflict.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Didn't make me want to buy a razor. I'm horrible at growing facial hair anyway. Occasionally I have to buzz off some facial hair but nothing crazy.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-14-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Wow, a bit heavy for someone selling razor blades...

Seriously.
    A bit? The Image of Good Men is being attacked from EVERY SIDE that the Elitist have control over.

Dig deeper. Why do they want to attack Men? Because Men will be the ones that fight and die in the wars against the elite. The elite are not scared of women or children or immigrants or those whose minds they control. They fear MEN. And MEN will not be able to fight against the elite if they are continuously stabbed in the back by those they fight to protect.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The long term answer is to get rid of the taxes and regulations etc. that protect them from competition, the short and medium term answers are more difficult.
    Is it? Of course, I'm in favor of more competition and lower barriers to entry, but I'm not convinced that's a solution to Woke Capital. Gilette has plenty of competition. More than ever due to companies like Dollar Shave Club (which is an excellent company for the record, and sponsors anti-SJW content on YouTube). Game companies have a metric $#@!ton of competition and that doesn't stop them from being absolutely infested with progressivism, perhaps worse than any other industry. Competition doesn't seem to create conservative or even just non-progressive cultural companies.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Holy $#@!. This is like the coming of a Woke Capital singularity.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Is it? Of course, I'm in favor of more competition and lower barriers to entry, but I'm not convinced that's a solution to Woke Capital. Gilette has plenty of competition. More than ever due to companies like Dollar Shave Club (which is an excellent company for the record, and sponsors anti-SJW content on YouTube). Game companies have a metric $#@!ton of competition and that doesn't stop them from being absolutely infested with progressivism, perhaps worse than any other industry. Competition doesn't seem to create conservative or even just non-progressive cultural companies.
    If they have REAL competition then they can go as woke and broke as they like, the problem is that most of the "competition" is owned or controlled by the same woke capital, we do NOT have a free market in capital and we are much too close to needing a redistributive revolution than I like because of it, when the oligarchs have stolen everything we will have no other choice.

Besides the taxes and regulations that limit competition the increasing impoverishment of the middle-class and the poor reduces their ability to make market choices based on cultural/political factors and forces them to buy whatever they can afford no matter how bad the company is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is stupid. They advertise by showing the worst stereotypes of their target customers. It's as insane as feminine hygiene ads lecturing women about being bitchy when PMSing. Or ads for African hair weaves lecturing black people about looting. I mean think of any group's worst stereotype and imagine an ad agency lecturing Jews, Muslims, Evangelicals...

Screw it. I shaved my beard a few days ago. I was going to go clean shaven for a while, but I am growing it back as of now!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This is stupid. They advertise by showing the worst stereotypes of their target customers. It's as insane as feminine hygiene ads lecturing women about being bitchy when PMSing. Or ads for African hair weaves lecturing black people about looting. I mean think of any group's worst stereotype and imagine an ad agency lecturing Jews, Muslims, Evangelicals...
    "Director of the spot is Kim Gehrig, who was selected via P&G's partnership with Free the Bid, a program that launched in 2016 that aims to get more female directors on ads. P&G began getting involed with the effort last year.
    "

So they got a female director who's claim to fame is making a bunch of female empowerment advertisements, in order to make an advertisement for male razors? No surprise this is how it turned out.

"Director of the spot is Kim Gehrig, who was selected via P&G's partnership with Free the Bid, a program that launched in 2016 that aims to get more female directors on ads. P&G began getting involed with the effort last year.
    "

So they got a female director who's claim to fame is making a bunch of female empowerment advertisements, in order to make an advertisement for male razors? No surprise this is how it turned out.
    They should hire me to direct and produce a commercial and marketing campaign for tampons. I am qualified. I post on RPFs.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    +Rep

Sharing opinions allows us all to look at topics from other perspectives we have not considered. The ideas that help us grow are often the ideas that challenge existing beliefs. Further examination of challenging ideas will either show us a better idea, or show us how things dont work. It is our differences that can unite us and make us strong. On ideas, it is the Idea that we all need to be Cookie Cutter Voters with the same mindset that causes conflict.

"You must spread some Reputation around..."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

this is feminazi propaganda. A handful of powerful celebrities finally get caught and suddenly all men have to be reeducated on what it means to be a decent person? total horse$#@!. Oh and the imagery of men watching TV, like TV causes men to disrespect women.... total horse$#@!. 43% of boys are raised by single mothers, 80% of teachers are female. Toxic masculinity isn't the problem. Lack of masculinity is.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Gillette commercial: 43 males exhibit "undesirable" behavior, 42 white, 1 black. 7 males exhibit "desirable" behavior, 5 black, 2 white

"You're a $#@!ing white male!!!"
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I didn't, but I could see where one might get that impression.

But I think that most men exhibit poor behavior these days, and that they could benefit from the message that I got myself - that objectifying women, bullying, and brawling isn't behavior that gentlemen exhibit. Nothing wrong with that.
    Forgive me please if this was already addressed last in the thread...

What does "objectifying women" mean today?

What does "bullying" mean?

In these days where new words and meanings for "old" words are invented and reinvented faster than you can blink (let alone deny allegations), you may wanna think twice about agreeing with their standards of behavior.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    A bit? The Image of Good Men is being attacked from EVERY SIDE that the Elitist have control over.

Dig deeper. Why do they want to attack Men? Because Men will be the ones that fight and die in the wars against the elite. The elite are not scared of women or children or immigrants or those whose minds they control. They fear MEN. And MEN will not be able to fight against the elite if they are continuously stabbed in the back by those they fight to protect.
    Amen brother.
    "The Patriarch"

"

This belongs here;
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...xic-femininity
    "The Patriarch"

I haven't the energy to dig deeper than what I already saw, but word has it (for what that's worth) that the banking elite have pulled the trigger, and losses are not a blip on these companies radars... it's just not a concern.

4 or 5 corps own 90 something percent of what we commonly buy, use, watch, and whatever, so if and when one subsidiary goes broke, the others take the losses, and so on, until the world is fully saturated with and now accepts their words as gospel.

We say Free Market... they say, yeah... about that...

Eh but who knows... maybe it's just bad marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And just a passing reference to PoundMeToo should be enough to dismiss the clip as nothing SJW posturing.

#BelieveAllWomen...due process and Fourth Amendment and all that nonsense be damned, amirite?
    NONE OF THAT WAS IN THE AD.

Jeezus people...
    Wait, what?

You said it was in the ad.

Other than a passing reference to "#MeToo"
    Pound Me Too is about as "anti-libertarian" as you can get, as one of its prime tenets is that all accusers are to be believed, at all times, always, that there is no presumption of innocence when it comes to charges of harassment, abuse or rape when lodged by a woman against a man.

Now, you can be angry about that or not...it's up to you.

I find it to be a pretty dangerous concept in today's police state AmeriKa.

Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-14-2019 at 09:34 PM.

This is what the war on men will lead to:

Leftist French Website Calls For Heterosexuality to be Banned

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"

I knew it...the whole thing smelled like a diversity hire's first time at bat effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I knew it...the whole thing smelled like a diversity hire's first time at bat effort.
    There is even more "Diversity" to be found:

Reached for comment by the Wall Street Journal, Gillette brand director for North America Pankaj Bhalla said "This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own," adding "We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together."

Yeah, no.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-spectacularly

This is a war on white men and by demonizing them to white women it is also a war on all whites, it is white genocide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast