Thread: Paul Krugman must love Hurricane Harvey, it is the broken window fallacy x 1,000,000

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Paul Krugman must love Hurricane Harvey, it is the broken window fallacy x 1,000,000

It occurred to me that since Paul Krugman thinks that broken windows are great for the economy, it stands to reason that he probably sees Hurricane Harvey as a huge blessing. The damage will create BILLIONS of dollars of work to rebuild.

Just imagine all of the businesses that will be employed and how great this will be for the economy. The businesses and their employees will benefit hugely and many new jobs will be created. It almost seems that the more storms we have, the stronger we will be as a nation.

I mean Krugman has fine degrees from important institutions like Yale and MIT and even has received a Nobel prize for his high level thinking.

Can there be any doubt that Hurricane Harvey is just the type of windfall that Paul Krugman dreams about?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I mean Krugman has fine degrees from important institutions like Yale and MIT and even has received a Nobel prize for his high level thinking.

Can there be any doubt that Hurricane Harvey is just the type of windfall that Paul Krugman dreams about?

Are You Ready For the Global Fake Alien Invasion? - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Alien-Invasion

It occurred to me that since Paul Krugman thinks that broken windows are great for the economy, it stands to reason that he probably sees Hurricane Harvey as a huge blessing. The damage will create BILLIONS of dollars of work to rebuild.

Just imagine all of the businesses that will be employed and how great this will be for the economy. The businesses and their employees will benefit hugely and many new jobs will be created. It almost seems that the more storms we have, the stronger we will be as a nation.

Last edited by CaptUSA; 09-03-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Isn't that what Trump's $1 trillion infrastructure plan is supposed to do?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/politi...ess/index.html

Trump administration seeking $7.85 billion 'down payment' on disaster funding

The Trump administration on Friday asked Congress for a higher-than-expected $7.85 billion as part of an initial request for funds in response to Hurricane Harvey, with an additional request expected by the end of this month.

The formal request came late Friday in a letter from President Donald Trump's budget chief to House Speaker Paul Ryan. The initial amount requested for Harvey relief was higher than the $5.95 billion figure administration officials floated earlier in the day.

The bulk of the initial request will go to FEMA, which is rapidly burning through cash as the primary agency handling disaster relief. The remainder of the emergency funding request, about $450 million, will go to the Small Business Administration, which is doling out disaster recovery loans to homes and businesses damaged by the storm.

Caught a brief segment on Fox News yesterday that essentially was saying that. They say this will be a boon to the economy...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

According to Krugman, government stimulus only works when democrats administer it.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Isn't that what Trump's $1 trillion infrastructure plan is supposed to do?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/politi...ess/index.html
    No.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.