Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA - A "Right To Shelter" bill proposed: "Free" shelters for all homeless

Exclamation CA - A "Right To Shelter" bill proposed: "Free" shelters for all homeless

California Democrat Proposes ‘Right to Shelter’ for Every Homeless Person in State

https://www.breitbart.com/social-jus...rson-in-state/

12 Dec 2018 2:53

California State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) has introduced a bill that would guarantee a “right to shelter” and provide housing for every homeless person in the state.

The bill, SB 48, declares: “This bill would state the intent of the Legislature to enact legislation that creates a right to shelter for unhoused residents throughout the state.”

According to the bill, the “right to shelter” would include:

(1) A safe place to sleep and keep one’s belongings.
    (2) An ability to access the shelter without having to sign up on a daily basis.
    (3) An ability to remain with one’s partner.
    (4) An ability to access services necessary to stabilize one’s life and transition into supportive housing or permanent housing, including mental health, addiction treatment, and other services.

However, the bill does not explain how the state will pay for the cost of providing the “right to shelter.”

Last year, 114,000 homeless people were estimated to live in California — more than a quarter of the nation’s total, according to the New York Times. Some come from other states to take advantage of generous welfare benefits and better weather.

Wiener’s bill does not explain how it will deal with the problem of migration, especially once shelter is guaranteed (at least by law).

In related news, San Francisco Mayor London Breed insisted on spending a $181 million budget windfall to help the city’s homeless population.

In addition, the Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved a plan Tuesday to build a homeless shelter in the iconic beachfront community of Venice. Many homeless people have migrated to the town, with its infamously bohemian aesthetic and spectacular public beach.

The Los Angeles Times reports:

Longtime Venice resident Laura Silagi described how houses sell for $2 million and more in the upscale neighborhood, yet homeless people live in the alley near her home. “It’s embarrassing, it’s tragic, it’s horrible,” Silagi said.

Opponents questioned the shelter’s proposed location near the boardwalk, Abbot Kinney Boulevard’s trendy shops and restaurants, as well as several schools.

Area voters have approved increased sales taxes in recent years to fund assistance to the homeless. The homeless issue threatens to be a major drag on Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s presidential ambitions.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-12-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Every state in the nation should round up their homeless persons and send them a one way ticket to the Greyhound Stations in California.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

(2) An ability to access the shelter without having to sign up on a daily basis.
    (4) An ability to access services necessary to stabilize one’s life and transition into supportive housing or permanent housing, including mental health, addiction treatment, and other services.

This is worse than trying to get a monkey to read.

A right to shelter would mean not taxing someone's dwelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This is worse than trying to get a monkey to read.

A right to shelter would mean not taxing someone's dwelling.
    No comrade, the taxes will double and when you lose your house you will have a right to live in a government dorm.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

A lot of homeless people are unsafe, this statement seems to be a bit of a contradiction.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Every state in the nation should round up their homeless persons and send them a one way ticket to the Greyhound Stations in California.
    They already did.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they should grow some balls and just quarter the homeless with the citizens . Nobody should notice while they are trying to come up with funds to pay the tax on all the texts they sent the past five years .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think they should grow some balls and just quarter the homeless with the citizens . Nobody should notice while they are trying to come up with funds to pay the tax on all the texts they sent the past five years .
    Mandatory quartering of homeless and migrants.

I like this.

It violates the last article of the Bill of Rights that has been, until now, un-violated.

I like this.

It violates the last article of the Bill of Rights that has been, until now, un-violated.
    As any liberal judge will tell you it isn't unconstitutional because they aren't soldiers.

(Amendment 3 - Quartering Soldiers)

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm assuming then that a cable/ESPN package would be included?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Can I propose a initiative to tar and feather commie politicians that try to instigate this crap?
    "The Patriarch"

There is plenty of space for them on reservations.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

How many rooms does Sen. Scott Wiener have in his home? I don't think it is big enough.

Not true comrade. You don't recall the thread a couple years back about how the police forced somebody to let them setup in their house in order to spy on another house?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Can I propose a initiative to tar and feather commie politicians that try to instigate this crap?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Not true comrade. You don't recall the thread a couple years back about how the police forced somebody to let them setup in their house in order to spy on another house?
    Here you go:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-apply-to-cops

I found typo... should be:

"entitlement to shelter"

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I like this.

They are pretty far from being soldiers so it flys easily in the 9th district court .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There is plenty of space for them on reservations.
    Forced conscription in miltia here for homeless if they want to eat . The craziest will be selected as an elite unit to be sent in first .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Without ESPN a californian is no different than a somalian fisherman .
    Do something Danke

Calm down people, one this only a proposal, they have also proposed universal health care bill that did not go away where and secondly, the No. 2 provision gives them an out to built lots of shelters which many homeless people try to avoid.

So when analyzing this proposal, stop thinking about average house prices in Cali because if the bill magically passes, they would just make up the beds with public shelter beds and not individual houses/unit apartment buildings

Please refer to your copy of The Social Contract, Section A, Paragraph 1 for a description of why other people can take your $#@! and give it to other people that you not only don't give a $#@! about, but don't even like on a humanistic level. It's in there, or so I have been told my whole life.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	172810.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	6283
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Followed by a mass showering.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You are correct sir...that had slipped my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Of course, but limited access. CNN, MSNBC, ESPN and HGTV (so they can watch House Hunters and remodeling shows. They need to know what to demand).

And internet access. They need to vote in polls and troll the internet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I support the original proposal. There are so many small islands off the coast of California, the possibilities are endless. A sleeping bag and gallon of water to be provided when dropped off. Regular supply runs will drop supplies via helicopter, to be provided by bleeding heart donations. No taxpayer money necessary.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast