Thread: LA policeman who said sniper shot him 'made it up'

LA policeman who said sniper shot him 'made it up'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49465026

Authorities in Los Angeles say a sheriff's deputy who claimed he had been shot by a sniper actually cut two fake bullet holes in his uniform with a knife and made the whole thing up.

Police launched a massive manhunt last Wednesday after Angel Reinosa called in to say he was pinned down by gunfire.

"I'm taking shots from the north of the Lancaster helipad, I'm hit in the right shoulder," said a frantic Mr Reinosa.

"My shirt's ripped to the right. I think it's from the apartment window."

Mr Reinosa has been relieved of his duties and is facing a criminal investigation.

'Things didn't add up'

Police launched a massive manhunt, focusing on the apartment building cited by Mr Reinosa. A SWAT team and armoured vehicles blocked off roads around the building and officers searched through the night for the alleged sniper. The deputy was taken to hospital.

"He is doing great, thankfully," Sheriff's Captain Todd Weber said at the time. "The wound was minor and he's been treated and he's doing well, in high spirits."

The only problem was, there was no wound. Mr Reinosa has now admitted fabricating the sniper fire and using a knife to cut two fake bullet holes in the shoulder area of his shirt.

It was not immediately clear why it took so long to notice that Mr Reinosa had not suffered any wounds.

"There were many things that didn't add up," said Sheriff's Captain Kent Wegener, adding that the deputy's account of events "didn't make a whole lot of sense".

He said the deputy had "failed to provide information regarding his motivation for this act".

Mr Reinosa had been with the Sheriff's Department for a year and joined the Lancaster station in May for patrol training, the LA Times reported.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And just think what would have happened to some hapless Mundane, just like you or me, that had the bad luck to be in the area with a firearm at the time.

$#@!ing cops would have ventilated you on sight.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And just think what would have happened to some hapless Mundane, just like you or me, that had the bad luck to be in the area with a firearm at the time.

In which case they probably would have promoted the garbage instead of firing him.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    In which case they probably would have promoted the garbage instead of firing him.
    Probably...and you know...it didn't have to be a Mundane with a firearm...he surely gave a description of the "perp" (like the Jussie Smollet incident).

All that would have had to happen is to look slightly like that.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Seems they just make up a lot of stuff about gun violence and hope some sticks to they can get gun control.

A cop making up a story that didn't actually end up happening? Color me shocked.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    A cop making up a story that didn't actually end up happening? Color me shocked.
    Yeah, I've read some police reports and know for a fact, a lot of what's in them is made up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Right?! wtf, and all those people around I'm sure had there places & person searched.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

no further comment
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Right?! wtf, and all those people around I'm sure had there places & person searched.
    With the right data base they could have SWATTED every rifle owner in the apartment.