Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US issues warrant to seize Iranian tanker off Gibraltar

US issues warrant to seize Iranian tanker off Gibraltar

The United States has issued a warrant to seize an Iranian oil tanker caught in the standoff between Tehran and the Westin a last ditch effort to prevent the vessel from leaving Gibraltar.

The Grace 1 was seized by British Royal Marines at the western mouth of the Mediterranean on July 4 on suspicion of violating European Union sanctions by taking oil to Syria.

Gibraltar lifted the detention order on Thursday after the British territory’s chief minister said he had secured written assurances from Tehran that the cargo would not go to Syria.

But with the vessel and its 2.1 million barrels of oil free to leave, the United States launched a separate legal appeal to impound the ship on the grounds that it had links to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), which it designates as a terrorist organization.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/17/us-i...gibraltar.html

Something something non-intervention something something not an embargo reee
    Last edited by TheCount; 08-17-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Must have those russian agents you believe helped Trump aboard. Maybe it has Julian Assange, the Russian agent, aboard.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Must have those russian agents you believe helped Trump aboard. Maybe it has Julian Assange, the Russian agent, aboard.
    Thta's ridiculous. The tanker is headed for Syria, supposedly. They are just trying to stop it from assisting "the Assad regime" and Putin from wiping Alleppo, and everybody in it, off the face off the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's not about liberation or ownership. Aleppo is the home of the Syrian opposition. It is to both Russia and Assad's advantage that the city and its people no longer exist. Every native of Aleppo that is killed or displaced is one less thorn in the side of Assad's regime.

Ah, another strong move toward peace with Iran. More winning?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Ah, another strong move toward peace with Iran. More winning?
    Please. When discussing Iran, North Korea, Venezuela or Syria, follow the lead of the Trump administration and @TheCount... ....call them a "regime". This language is essential to manufacturing consent for intervention, by implying they have no popular rule or support.

It also lets all the other regime change toadies know what side your bread os really buttered on. Awink and nod, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Please. When discussing Iran, North Korea, Venezuela or Syria, follow the lead of the Trump administration and @TheCount... ....call them a "regime". This language is essential to manufacturing consent for intervention, by implying they have no popular rule or support.

It also lets all the other regime change toadies know what side your bread os really buttered on. Awink and nod, if you will.
    I'm confused are the regime change people globalists or the anti regime change people globalists. Which side is selling out America to the communist scum?

I do believe Iran placed a warning for those wanting to seize the tanker.
    This oil tanker is being send to Syria.

Trump administration also wants to seize a bank account with almost $1 million in it.

The warrant, issued by a US federal court in Washington on Friday, is addressed to "the United States Marshals Service and/or any other duly authorized law enforcement officer".

It called for the tanker and the oil on board to be seized. It has also ordered the seizure of $995,000 (£818,000) from an account at an unnamed US bank linked to Paradise Global Trading LLC, an Iranian company.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49379144

Very non-interventionist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump administration also wants to seize a bank account with almost $1 million in it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49379144

Very non-interventionist.
    Non interventionism isn't isolationism though, Iran still hasn't made any sort of a deal with us and hates us so they are technically not an ally or not even considered neutral to us. The deal that they did make was a fake deal that was created by a think tank so that Americans would be more open to intervention afterwards or if they broke the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Non interventionism isn't isolationism though, Iran still hasn't made any sort of a deal with us and hates us so they are technically not an ally or not even considered neutral to us. The deal that they did make was a fake deal that was created by a think tank so that Americans would be more open to intervention afterwards or if they broke the deal.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

WTF are you talking about?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    The Iran agreement was created by a thinktank in order to make a deal that was deisgned for them to break the deal or encourage them to develop weapons of mass destruction so that we would have an excuse to have regime change in Iran. The Iranians knew about the strategy and developed "peaceful rockets" and developed "silent WMDS" propaghanda against regime change against Iran. Iran's propaghanda is almost second to none.

The Iran agreement was created by a thinktank in order to make a deal that was deisgned for them to break the deal or encourage them to develop weapons of mass destruction so that we would have an excuse to have regime change in Iran. The Iranians knew about the strategy and developed "peaceful rockets" and developed "silent WMDS" propaghanda against regime change against Iran. Iran's propaghanda is almost second to none.
    The US has always been after Iran- the Iranian Deal was at least not starving them.

That said, the Iranians haven't started a war in 100+ years- they're made the "bad guys" because TPTB want their resources. Israel has 200-400 nuclear warheads & refused to sign the nuclear deal, but they're the good guys.

Go figure.
    There is no spoon.

The US has always been after Iran- the Iranian Deal was at least not starving them.

That said, the Iranians haven't started a war in 100+ years- they're made the "bad guys" because TPTB want their resources. Israel has 200-400 nuclear warheads & refused to sign the nuclear deal, but they're the good guys.

Go figure.
    They didn't start the war but they sure as hell aren't going to forget about all of the $#@! we have done during the war. You don't light someones house on fire and murder their family and expect them not to attack you for it.

Go figure.
    Yep, that about sums it up.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Yep, that about sums it up.
    So because we started it, we should just let them develop weapons that defeat our defenses and our interests in the region? That's about the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.

So because we started it, we should just let them develop weapons that defeat our defenses and our interests in the region? That's about the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.
    Just agreeing with the facts, as Ender stated correctly.

Just agreeing with the facts, as Ender stated correctly.
    Facts don't defend ourselves from people who radicalize terrorists in the middle east. The only way this ends is when they end their radicalization of terrorism and arms race with a real deal or get destroyed completely with overwhelming force.

With the open border Ender and PAF are always advocating for there could be 10's of thousands of them here already gathering inteligence and setting up shop.
    LOL, you guys keep repeating it so often that you begin to believe yourselves and completely misrepresent anything that I say. I have stated more than several times that I am not pro or anti “open borders”. It is unfortunate that you do not think past the media rhetoric. Don’t ask me to explain it yet again, you can simply use the search function.

LOL, you guys keep repeating it so often that you begin to believe yourselves and completely misrepresent anything that I say. I have stated more than several times that I am not pro or anti “open borders”. It is unfortunate that you do not think past the media rhetoric. Don’t ask me to explain it yet again, you can simply use the search function.
    LOL- yep- same here!
    There is no spoon.

Facts don't defend ourselves from people who radicalize terrorists in the middle east. The only way this ends is when they end their radicalization of terrorism and arms race with a real deal or get destroyed completely with overwhelming force.
    The US is the biggest radicalizer of terrorists in the world.

Get. A. Clue.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am just going off threads where me and you argued about border security and you said you plan on retiring in Mexico and don't want border security.

That makes Iran's terrorism okay I guess.
    The only accounts of Iran's "terrorism" is fighting back- not instigating. Get a clue on Syria.
    '
    There is no spoon.

The only accounts of Iran's "terrorism" is fighting back- not instigating. Get a clue on Syria.
    '
    Well that means we are fighting back against them fighting back lol

Should the US tell a country what sort of defense they should/ can have? Should other countries tell us what sort of military we can and cannot have?

China and Russia are developing weapons that can defeat our defenses and our interests in the world. Should we sanction/ attack them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should the US tell a country what sort of defense they should/ can have? Should other countries tell us what sort of military we can and cannot have?

China and Russia are developing weapons that can defeat our defenses and our interests in the world. Should we sanction/ attack them?
    Yeah we should be able to do it if we are at peace with them. We aren't at peace with Russia and China that I know? We do sanction Russia and we have a trade war with China.

Yeah we should be able to do it if we are at peace with them. We aren't at peace with Russia and China that I know? We do sanction Russia and we have a trade war with China.
    So the US should tell other countries what they can do. What about sovereignty? Should we also follow when other countries tell us what to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast