Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for allowing Central American refugees into US up 6 points since December

Exclamation Support for allowing Central American refugees into US up 6 points since December

More Americans now support allowing refugees from Central America into the U.S. compared to eight months ago, according to a new poll, largely due to increased approval among Republicans and independents.

Support overall stands at 57 percent, up 6 points from 51 percent in December, according to the Gallup poll released Tuesday.

The largest uptick in support was among Republicans, although members of the GOP still support taking in Central American refugees at lower rates than Democrats and independents.

Republican support increased by 10 points, to 24 percent, in the new poll.

Support from independents stands at 58 percent, up 6 points.

Eighty five percent of Democrats now support taking in Central Americans refugees, compared to 82 percent last December.

Support for taking in the refugees is now higher than it's been historically for refugees across the world, including Syrian refugees in 2015 and Holocaust refugees in the 1930s and 40s, Gallup noted.
    https://thehill.com/latino/457192-su...since-december

Boobus wants to be flooded with immigrants. Who would have thought it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From The Hill...seems legit.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    From The Hill...seems legit.
    The poll is from Gallup:

Gallup surveyed 3,038 adults between July 15 and 31. Its results have a margin of error of 2 percentage points.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The poll is from Gallup:

[/FONT]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Seems legit.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Good.
    I take it you want to bring on the collapse?

No. I want to do what's right.

Muh collapse
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. I want to do what's right.
    There's no way to cope with this many immigrants. It's a disaster

You can not stop human beings from wanting a better life anymore than you can stop people from wanting sex with Sex Workers.

Rather than tighten the noose around our own necks with more laws, statutes and ordinances, perhaps appreciate those who do want to work and continue planting the seeds of liberty, like Gloria Álvarez is doing:

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Immigration needs to be controlled.. there is no way the public purse can sustain these levels.

There's no way to cope with this many immigrants. It's a disaster
    I disagree. The proven best way to deal with the problem of scarcity everywhere it exists is through the free market, and never central planning. Let the free market work.

I disagree. The proven best way to deal with the problem of scarcity everywhere it exists is through the free market, and never central planning. Let the free market work.
    In an ideal world but a lot of these immigrants are expecting to be taken care of by the welfare state. You cant have welfare and open borders as Friedman once said.

Immigration needs to be controlled.. there is no way the public purse can sustain these levels.
    You do not have much of a choice. There are too many white American politicians and corporate lobbyists who are profiting immensely by this. The only solution to maintain liberty is what Ron Paul has learned and continues to preach - we must reach the hearts and minds of the people. And by that he does NOT mean restrictionism, laws, statutes and ordinances.

Related:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-Shill…
    Last edited by PAF; 08-13-2019 at 07:16 AM.

You cant have welfare and open borders
    If this is true, then it's an additional reason to support having open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    You do not have much of a choice. There are too many white American politicians and corporate lobbyists who are profiting immensely by this. The only solution to maintain liberty is what Ron Paul has learned and continues to preach - we must reach the hearts and minds of the people. And by that he 8does NOT mean restrictionism, laws, statutes and ordinances.

Related:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-Shill…
    There is a choice... seal the f***king border.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this is true, then it's an additional reason to support having open borders.
    Exactly. But most seem to think continuing welfare will eventually solve the problem. Thus they repeat “seal the border”. Which is exactly what the lobbyists/contractors want.
    Last edited by PAF; 08-13-2019 at 07:28 AM.

What were their polls on the 2016 presidential election?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    What were their polls on the 2016 presidential election?
    Most polls on that election were accurate to within the margin of error.

I will go as far as say this gallup poll is meaningless . 3K people polled by phone in different states , 30 percent land line and 70 percent cell selected randomly . My guess is all of these are from areas of large populations or major cities and I could flip the results by doing the same with rural areas .
    Do something Danke

Most polls on that election were accurate to within the margin of error.
    Ah, with the margin of error being quite substantial.

Gulag Chief:

Ah, with the margin of error being quite substantial.
    Sometimes. I guess whether any given number is considered substantial is subjective. But I more often see the problem of people misunderstanding polls and what conclusions to draw from them than the polls themselves being bad.

Sometimes. I guess whether any given number is considered substantial is subjective. But I more often see the problem of people misunderstanding polls and what conclusions to draw from them than the polls themselves being bad.
    From my perspective, polls are typically used to influence perspective rather than garner perspective. I think that's why the missed the mark so bad with Trump.

They would omit Ron Paul altogether btw - he'd be in the top few candidates, sometimes 2nd, and they would just omit his results.

After witnessing that, I've always been leery of polls that are supposed to gauge public opinion - cause more often than not they are used to manipulate the masses. in other words, I dont think more Americans are supporting the wave of refugees passing through Mexico - I think most Americans are wondering why these refugees dont settle in Mexico. Maybe America really is racist against Mexico?

Gulag Chief:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From my perspective, polls are typically used to influence perspective rather than garner perspective. I think that's why the missed the mark so bad with Trump.

They would omit Ron Paul altogether btw - he'd be in the top few candidates, sometimes 2nd, and they would just omit his results.

After witnessing that, I've always been leery of polls that are supposed to gauge public opinion - cause more often than not they are used to manipulate the masses. in other words, I dont think more Americans are supporting the wave of refugees passing through Mexico - I think most Americans are wondering why these refugees dont settle in Mexico. Maybe America really is racist against Mexico?

They need somebody to "blame".

It is a diversionary tactic to grow the state (FED). All eyes are OFF of Welfare, certainly those in Section 8.

Instead, the push is for more draconian anti-liberty measures where corporatists/lobbyists profit immensely by building Walls, surveillance apparatus, biometric databases.

Follow The Money.

Exactly. I well remember the He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named days.

The funny thing is that if Zippy posts a poll, he's a paid troll- anyone else is fine.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    They need somebody to "blame".

It is a diversionary tactic to grow the state (FED). All eyes are OFF of Welfare, certainly those in Section 8.

Instead, the push is for more draconian anti-liberty measures where corporatists/lobbyists profit immensely by building Walls, surveillance apparatus, biometric databases.

Follow The Money.

Agreed, and it seems to be very effective. Everyone here should know it when they see it... both parties will find every justification they can to acquire a length of rope, and then use it to hang the very people that provided said rope.

Gulag Chief:

Agreed, and it seems to be very effective. Everyone here should know it when they see it... both parties will find every justification they can to acquire a length of rope, and then use it to hang the very people that provided said rope.
    ^^^THIS!^^^
    There is no spoon.

Boobus wants to be flooded with immigrants. Who would have thought it.
    Oh, I don't doubt it at all.

There are so many factors here: self loathing whites so poisoned against themselves and their history they are literally willing to kill themselves before being even hinted at being "racist", short sighted cheap labor advocates, of course the "No Borders No Walls No USA At All" mob of loudmouthed Bolsheviks and Jacobins, and then a tiny contingent of various open border libertarians and the collapasatarians of all stripes.

That's most of AmeriKa: so world weary, cosmopolitan and filled with self hate that they will cheerfully welcome their own destruction.

Thus all empires end.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast