Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank of America CEO: 'We Want a Cashless Society'

Bank of America CEO: 'We Want a Cashless Society'

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/0...shless-society

Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan embraced the digital money movement on Wednesday, saying his firm has "more to gain than anybody" from the booming trend of non-cash transactions. "We want a cashless society," Moynihan, who heads up the second largest U.S. bank, told attendees at Fortune's Brainstorm Finance conference. He pointed out that more than half of all money transactions are already processed electronically, with the rise of cryptocurrencies, and payment systems like PayPal, Zelle, and digital wallets. The banking sector has "already digitized," Moynihan said on Wednesday. "The business has moved digitally and it will continue to move that way. It's just figuring out how to add the value."
    No dip$#@!, no we do NOT want a $#@!ing cashless society.

What I found to be somewhat interesting was the COMMENTS. Same as this place, changing constantly. What I did like was it seems most people are against it.

For those of you that are all for it, let me ask you this. Seriously. What do you do when the power goes out? Hurricane? Typhoon? Earthquake? Solar flare? Hell even a medium size tornado can knock out power to areas for long periods of time. So what do you do in a cashless society when the power is out for extended periods of time?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he wants a fiat society they manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    It already is fiat, that's not the point though.

+Any Digital Currency/crypto currency as in Bitcoin, leads us directly to
    a cloaked roll out of a CASHLESS SOCIETY.
    If you are not already familiar with the features of a
    cashless society, explanation follows below*:

* Digital Currency (D.C.)and Bitcoin are becoming
    very popular and trendy, however I agree with Catherine
    Fitts, Bitcoin is very possibly already a govt op, and is
    horrifically dangerous to freedom, if it is not govt controlled
    yet , it will be, and much sooner than later, I have attempted
    to cover some of the issues (here) associated with D.C.,
    one glaring example is that during a disaster that includes
    interruptions with communications, without cash,
    you will not be buying anything, you will also eventually
    be chipped, all this will be unwittingly accepted
    (unless we just SAY NO!), as it will be cloaked in ribbons
    and bows, in the guise of the usual: "Save the Children" meme,

Cashless Society:
    The Government can put a hold at anytime on your D.C.
    card or digital currency/crypto app/acct and freeze your account/s
    without you being convicted of any crime, at anytime, at their whim.
    They can stop you from paying your bills.
    They can choose the things they allow you buy,
    and stop you from buying or accessing anything that their (Un-
    Constitutional) spying algorithms tell them are risk items,
    things you may not be able to live without, Food in general,
    herbs , organic produce , any produce, Coffee, medications,
    medical services.
    They can Stop you from buying Firearms, Ammo, Books, a
    Baseball Bat , Tennis Racket, any sporting goods, literature, gas,
    food, lodging.
    Stop you from travel . Stop you from communicating.
    Banks can and will charge you any fees they choose for handling
    your electronic activities (buying or selling, consumer or vendor) ,
    as well as charge negative interest rates or exorbitant fees on
    your acct/s.
    Essentially , a cashless system can literally kill you, without
    you having done anything illegal ever, all that is required is that
    someone decides, or A.I. determines that you need to be put
    on a list.
    Cashless Control (D.C./CHIPS) can transform us all
    into thieves, thugs, robbers, and murderers , in order for us to just
    try to survive, they can and will control every aspect of our lives.
    The current push to eliminate the 100 dollar bill has nothing to do
    with curbing or stopping any crime, it is part of the roll out of the
    cashless scheme, to demonize cash, to force us into electronic
    transfers instead of cash.
    We all have credit/debit cards, and we pay many of our bills on line
    the convenience is there, however in a disaster of any magnitude,
    no Super Market or Hardware Store is going to give you food
    and survival equipment on your 'Cards' and your good word when the
    internet connection/satellite/power is down.
    I try to buy everything I possibly can with cash, I only use cards
    when absolutely necessary.
    We need to return to a value based currency.
    Bitcoin is still a Fiat Currency and the govt will be in control of it,
    many of us believe it is a Judas Goat , it is a cloaked introduction
    to complete control over every aspect of your lives.
    The worst nightmare for me is not that I will live long enough
    to be destroyed by a chipped and cashless society ,
    my problem is that if we don't stand together
    (every race, color, and creed) and fight the NWO rollout,
    history will be re-written, our descendants will be under complete
    govt control, and will not even understand that humans
    once had inalienable rights, as spelled out in our great and inspired
    US Constitution.

He'd love to be able to charge "negative" interest rates to store your money and to tell you who you could do business with or even freeze all your money so you starve.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He'd love to be able to charge "negative" interest rates to store your money and to tell you who you could do business with or even freeze all your money so you starve.
    "He" (I assume you mean the Bank of America CEO) can only get away with negative interest rates if everybody else goes with them too. Otherwise customers will move to another bank.

"He" (I assume you mean the Bank of America CEO) can only get away with negative interest rates if everybody else goes with them too. Otherwise customers will move to another bank.
    He has his friends in government to take care of that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I support a society without bank of america . You should to .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fiat ,defined as mandated by a government.

working themselves out of a job...
    btc
    11,000frn
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Imagine having power to manipulate reality.

I don't give a flying $#@! at a rolling donut what piece of $#@! want's. Bank of Amigo is a criminal enterprise anyway, I don't know why anyone would bank there.
    "The Patriarch"

Fiat ,defined as mandated by a government.
    Gold money was also a fiat mandated by government.

I currently pay 187.03 to 233.00 for circulated 2 1/2 dollar Gold Indians .
    Do something Danke

No, it wasn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, it wasn't.
    Fiat means government decides what must be used for money and what value it has. That is true for paper and electronic money as it is for metalic money.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fiat means government decides what must be used for money and what value it has. That is true for paper and electronic money as it is for metalic money.
    No, gold and silver were used long before government ever told people what to use.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, gold and silver were used long before government ever told people what to use.
    One dollar was defined as a certain amount of gold or silver. That is by government fiat.

One dollar was defined as a certain amount of gold or silver. That is by government fiat.
    Definition is not fiat.

If I tell you that 2.3 grams of gold is one glurk that doesn't force you to use glurks.

Governments recognized and dealt with gold and silver as money after it was already being used for money.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This article suggests that now that the dollar is free to float (and its value be determined by markets instead of the government saying it is worth a certain amount of gold) that money today is NOT fiat while money in the past was. And the authors would love to sell you more gold and silver.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/g...acked-by-gold/

Even Bretton Woods fixed the price of gold at $35 per ounce in 1944. They failed to raise that value in proportion to the creations of dollars and it eventually caused the monetary system to collapse in 1971. That was the very same result we see in the penny as well as the debasement in the Roman Empire of the silver coinage.

Therefore, anyone who tells you that ONLY paper money is fiat, they have absolutely no idea of the monetary system and how it has evolved with time. ALL money, when fixed in value by the government, is FIAT. Even the infamous Soros attack on the British pound was based upon Britain trying to “fix” the pound at a high rate within the European Rate Mechanism at a high rate for pride.

Only a floating exchange rate system ends the fiat. So yes – that means as long as the “paper” dollar floats in value on world markets, it is not actually fiat any more than Bitcoin trading. The term “fiat money” means an arbitrary order or decree declaring the value to be fixed. The dollar was “fiat” when it was arbitrarily established by Roosevelt at $35 to the ounce of gold. Since 1971, the dollar floats and it is no longer fiat because that is the definition of a fixed arbitrary value.

Today. as long as a currency floats, it is not an arbitrary declaration of its value by the government and is therefore not “fiat” as popularly stated by the hard money crew. This mythical idea that a currency should be a store of wealth has NEVER existed even once in history from one decade to the next. Those who argue for such a system are incapable of comprehending the business cycle and like Karl Marx want to freeze the system because they cannot cope with it.

Unfortunately, people call paper money fiat because they do not understand the meaning of the term. What they are doing is complaining money does not remain a constant value as Marx tried to create.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.

This article suggests that now that the dollar is free to float (and its value be determined by markets instead of the government saying it is worth a certain amount of gold) that money today is NOT fiat while money in the past was. And the authors would love to sell you more gold and silver.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/g...acked-by-gold/
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Definition is not fiat.

If I tell you that 2.3 grams of gold is one glurk that doesn't force you to use glurks.

Governments recognized and dealt with gold and silver as money after it was already being used for money.
    Actually, it was the bankers that disrupted the use of gold and silver as money by introducing their paper certificates of deposit back in ancient times and urging people to use those as money instead of the metals themselves. Naturally, that quickly was corrupted and governments responded by stepping in to regulate. Now, it's standard procedure for the banking crew to introduce their new method of fleecing the public (blockchain/crypto today) while government is closely in the loop and waiting to make that next fleecing all nice and "legal" for them by fiat declaration.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-24-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Nobody here wants a cashless society, even those who advocate for crypto. Crypto and bitcoin will take over eventually, but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to use cash, private electronic payments, gold, silver or anything of value that you want (just because majority of transactions may be in crypto).

The best way to fight against the banks' plans to initiate a cashless society is with bitcoin. If the banks make a cashless society, it will only work if there is no competition. With bitcoin, they will have a very difficult time creating a monopoly with their electronic currency.. because not only do they have do deal with everything else, they now have to deal with a crypto that is better than what they have.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Nobody here wants a cashless society, even those who advocate for crypto. Crypto and bitcoin will take over eventually, but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to use cash, private electronic payments, gold, silver or anything of value that you want (just because majority of transactions may be in crypto).

The best way to fight against the banks' plans to initiate a cashless society is with bitcoin. If the banks make a cashless society, it will only work if there is no competition. With bitcoin, they will have a very difficult time creating a monopoly with their electronic currency.. because not only do they have do deal with everything else, they now have to deal with a crypto that is better than what they have.
    What's not being discussed and should be is that it is technically unconstitutional. They are digitally "coining their own forms of currency".
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    What's not being discussed and should be is that it is technically unconstitutional. They are digitally "coining their own forms of currency".
    Wow, that is totally wrong. The federal government is required to coin currency for the payment of taxes. There is nothing in the Constitution that limits other people from using their own currency.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wow, that is totally wrong. The federal government is required to coin currency for the payment of taxes. There is nothing in the Constitution that limits other people from using their own currency.

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
    Section 8 - Powers of Congress

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;"

By proxy they are representing the dollar with digital counterfeit currency not coined by the powers of congress...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

We must fight cashless society by embracing cashless society!

Come on, you still buy the load of $#@! that some rando named Satoshi developed bitcoin? Even when it's plainly visible on the front of the 1988 Economist cover?

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    We must fight cashless society by embracing cashless society!
    Slow down your mind and focus a little, because your are thinking too simplistically.

A cashless society is a society where people are not allowed to exchange physical currency or metals and are required to use digital payments. Bitcoin is not going to be what people are required to use. It is going to be a centralized digital currency. The best way to fight the centralized digital currency is with decentralized digital currencies.

Bitcoin and decentralized crypto is the opposite of a cashless society. It is freedom. It gives people the ability to transfer wealth undetected by the digital payment system to be imposed by our rulers.

Think about it. If you had crypto and you crossed a border with it, you could do so undetected. What if you wanted to bring it gold and silver across the border? You couldn't. But if you had gold and silver on one side of the border, you could exchange it for crypto.. now that you have your crypto, you can cross the border, then sell your crypto on the other side of the border for gold and silver and transact however you want.

Do you see how decentralized crypto is going to make a cashless society THAT much more difficult to enforce? It may make it 100x more difficult to enforce..

There is nothing about decentralized bitcoin or crypto that is leading us toward a cashless society.. it is the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
    Section 8 - Powers of Congress

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;"

By proxy they are representing the dollar with digital counterfeit currency not coined by the powers of congress...

Bitcoin is not counterfeiting dollars, it is its own thing. There is nothing unconstitutional about competing currencies.

Slow down your mind and focus a little, because your are thinking too simplistically.

A cashless society is a society where people are not allowed to exchange physical currency or metals and are required to use digital payments. Bitcoin is not going to be what people are required to use. It is going to be a centralized digital currency. The best way to fight the centralized digital currency is with decentralized digital currencies.

Bitcoin and decentralized crypto is the opposite of a cashless society. It is freedom. It gives people the ability to transfer wealth undetected by the digital payment system to be imposed by our rulers.

Think about it. If you had crypto and you crossed a border with it, you could do so undetected. What if you wanted to bring it gold and silver across the border? You couldn't. But if you had gold and silver on one side of the border, you could exchange it for crypto.. now that you have your crypto, you can cross the border, then sell your crypto on the other side of the border for gold and silver and transact however you want.

Do you see how decentralized crypto is going to make a cashless society THAT much more difficult to enforce? It may make it 100x more difficult to enforce..

There is nothing about decentralized bitcoin or crypto that is leading us toward a cashless society.. it is the opposite.
    It's conditioning for cashless. Bitcoin was the introduction to the masses for the regulated, centralized version you mentioned. You don't counter one imaginary payment system with another imaginary payment system. You counter one imaginary payment system with a non-imaginary payment system. Otherwise, the switch from one cashless system to the other cashless system becomes quite easy. Has history not already shown this to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast