Thread: Does anyone here ever go gold panning, mining, dredging (gold scuba diving)?

Does anyone here ever go gold panning, mining, dredging (gold scuba diving)?

The reason I'm asking is because alot of us talk about gold on these forums. I just started doing in California. Most of the gold is still underground and in every State.

I could just go buy gold but where is the adventure in that?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I've never been gold panning but I have been on silver expeditions. The area I live in is full of silver mines, and it is still possible to find some low-grade ore. Some of the mines here go on for miles and miles.

Yup it's a blast. All summer long. Good this spring also due to heavy storms
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

A good gold mine produces one ounce of gold from two tons of rocks. Have fun but don't expect to get rich.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tons-...of-gold-2013-4

In its earnings announcement this morning, Barrick Gold published some mining statistics for its first quarter.

As you can see from the numbers below, some sites are more rich with gold than others. But the bottom line is that it takes tremendous amount of rock to yield just specks of gold. In Q1, it took Barrick anywhere from 2 tons to 91 tons of rock to produce just 1 ounce of gold.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-25-2016 at 01:47 PM.

There is lots of gold. The only reason people think there isn't gold is because FDR banned gold in 1933. Richard Nixon took us off the gold standard. So generations of people didn't pan for gold so people think there isn't any. I found gold and I'm just a beginner.
    Last edited by dude58677; 03-25-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Yup it's a blast. All summer long. Good this spring also due to heavy storms
    What kind of equipment do you use? Do you go into mines or do you do panning? Do you use a sleuth box?

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    What kind of equipment do you use? Do you go into mines or do you do panning? Do you use a sleuth box?
    have a 4" dredge and I also snipe, no mines yet. I want to buy the 10K minelab but still to much money. Sluice box.....never use my pans much except to search my Sluice
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ive not tried it yet but i want to so bad. just dot have the free time yet. used to be a show called "gold fever" on some sports channel about 20yrs ago. i loved it!!

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    ive not tried it yet but i want to so bad. just dot have the free time yet. used to be a show called "gold fever" on some sports channel about 20yrs ago. i loved it!!
    Where are you located?

I have gold in my collection that I have collected from various states and countries.