Thread: The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

Post The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

A sends:

The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies (spooks, feds, etc.)

http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
    2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
    3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
    4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
    5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..

There are several techniques for the control and manipulation of a internet forum no matter what, or who is on it. We will go over each technique and demonstrate that only a minimal number of operatives can be used to eventually and effectively gain a control of a 'uncontrolled forum.'

Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING'

If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Technique #2 - 'CONSENSUS CRACKING'

A second highly effective technique (which you can see in operation all the time at www.abovetopsecret.com) is 'consensus cracking.' To develop a consensus crack, the following technique is used. Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting. It is IMPERATIVE that both sides are initially presented, so the uninformed reader cannot determine which side is the truth. As postings and replies are made the stronger 'evidence' or disinformation in your favour is slowly 'seeded in.' Thus the uninformed reader will most like develop the same position as you, and if their position is against you their opposition to your posting will be most likely dropped. However in some cases where the forum members are highly educated and can counter your disinformation with real facts and linked postings, you can then 'abort' the consensus cracking by initiating a 'forum slide.'

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

Technique #4 - 'INFORMATION COLLECTION'

Information collection is also a very effective method to determine the psychological level of the forum members, and to gather intelligence that can be used against them. In this technique in a light and positive environment a 'show you mine so me yours' posting is initiated. From the number of replies and the answers that are provided much statistical information can be gathered. An example is to post your 'favourite weapon' and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have. In this matter it can be determined by reverse proration what percentage of the forum community owns a firearm, and or a illegal weapon. This same method can be used by posing as one of the form members and posting your favourite 'technique of operation.' From the replies various methods that the group utilizes can be studied and effective methods developed to stop them from their activities.

Technique #5 - 'ANGER TROLLING'

Statistically, there is always a percentage of the forum posters who are more inclined to violence. In order to determine who these individuals are, it is a requirement to present a image to the forum to deliberately incite a strong psychological reaction. From this the most violent in the group can be effectively singled out for reverse IP location and possibly local enforcement tracking. To accomplish this only requires posting a link to a video depicting a local police officer massively abusing his power against a very innocent individual. Statistically of the million or so police officers in America there is always one or two being caught abusing there powers and the taping of the activity can be then used for intelligence gathering purposes - without the requirement to 'stage' a fake abuse video. This method is extremely effective, and the more so the more abusive the video can be made to look. Sometimes it is useful to 'lead' the forum by replying to your own posting with your own statement of violent intent, and that you 'do not care what the authorities think!!' inflammation. By doing this and showing no fear it may be more effective in getting the more silent and self-disciplined violent intent members of the forum to slip and post their real intentions. This can be used later in a court of law during prosecution.

Technique #6 - 'GAINING FULL CONTROL'

It is important to also be harvesting and continually maneuvering for a forum moderator position. Once this position is obtained, the forum can then be effectively and quietly controlled by deleting unfavourable postings - and one can eventually steer the forum into complete failure and lack of interest by the general public. This is the 'ultimate victory' as the forum is no longer participated with by the general public and no longer useful in maintaining their freedoms. Depending on the level of control you can obtain, you can deliberately steer a forum into defeat by censoring postings, deleting memberships, flooding, and or accidentally taking the forum offline. By this method the forum can be quickly killed. However it is not always in the interest to kill a forum as it can be converted into a 'honey pot' gathering center to collect and misdirect newcomers and from this point be completely used for your control for your agenda purposes.

CONCLUSION

Remember these techniques are only effective if the forum participants DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM. Once they are aware of these techniques the operation can completely fail, and the forum can become uncontrolled. At this point other avenues must be considered such as initiating a false legal precidence to simply have the forum shut down and taken offline. This is not desirable as it then leaves the enforcement agencies unable to track the percentage of those in the population who always resist attempts for control against them. Many other techniques can be utilized and developed by the individual and as you develop further techniques of infiltration and control it is imperative to share then with HQ.
    https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.
    these bastards are the bane of my existence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    these bastards are the bane of my existence
    Indeed I have been complaining about just this practice as well. I can also name your culprits: phil4paul and CPUd.

http://youtu.be/HNx9KE-1RDk?t=36m18s

As we know, those of us in support of Liberty are in the minority.
    Those in support of tyranny, even if for the greater good, are in the majority.
    Last edited by afwjam; 03-21-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Indeed I have been complaining about just this practice as well. I can also name your culprits: phil4paul and CPUd.
    Nope. Not me. Couldn't be. Then who.....^^^

Ya see, the whole point of getting this Trump $#@! worked out was to stop the very thing you accuse me of. I was a part of that. Thank you very much. Now plus rep me and STFU.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-21-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Ya see, the whole point of getting this Trump $#@! worked out was to stop the very thing you accuse me of. I was a part of that. Thank you very much. Now plus rep me and STFU.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

This site is unfortunately full of people who don't do anything, haven't done anything, have no idea how to even begin how to do something, but oh, they got an opinion on everything and woe be ye who disagree.

As the only person on this forum who actually did strike an historic blow for liberty, if you find yourself on my bad side, you're on the wrong side.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anybody does this they really have no life.

In case anyone didn't get it, this post is directed at those promoting Trump.

I've seen this list posted before, so since that is the group that is currently infiltrating and disrupting, that is what it would be applying to at this time.

Considering that both of them have been fighting the Trump promoters that this article is describing, I would not consider that an accurate assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Considering that both of them have been fighting the Trump promoters that this article is describing, I would not consider that an accurate assessment.
    What the two of them and their co-conspirators did was destroy the reputation of this site and establish that there are now two classes of posters here: those that can brazenly defy the site guidelines, and everyone else.

Reputation for fairness and evenhandedness: destroyed

Reputation for open and honest discussions: destroyed

Bryan still has a chance to demonstrate that that is not the case, but as of right this moment it's not looking good.

Cliques destroy forums and we have seen one form over the past few weeks. This site's been all but worthless since Rand pulled out, and allowing a clique to run the place will cement that status as permanent.

What the two of them and their co-conspirators did was destroy the reputation of this site and establish that there are now two classes of posters here: those that can brazenly defy the site guidelines, and everyone else.

Reputation for fairness and evenhandedness: destroyed

Reputation for open and honest discussions: destroyed

Bryan still has a chance to demonstrate that that is not the case, but as of right this moment it's not looking good.

Cliques destroy forums and we have seen one form over the past few weeks. This site's been all but worthless since Rand pulled out, and allowing a clique to run the place will cement that status as permanent.
    I haven't been paying much attention. Have they or have they not been promoting Trump? That would be the determining factor on whether they are dividing and conquering, or are fighting the dividers and conquerors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention. Have they or have they not been promoting Trump? That would be the determining factor on whether they are dividing and conquering, or are fighting the dividers and conquerors.
    Nobody at all has been "promoting" Trump. However, this clique has construed every opinion about Trump but their own to constitute "support" and "promotion" and even got Bryan to author a policy which further confused the issue.

There's a fair discussion to be had as to whether liberty efforts would do better under Trump than under HRC/Cruz/CFR-puppet-of-the-day, and this clique is doing their damned best to make sure it can't occur here.

It's going to occur somewhere, and censoring that discussion here simply means this isn't the place where that discussion will be had.

It's actually quite a vital discussion for the liberty movement, and if it can't be had here, that will be the nail in the coffin for RPF's relevance.

Nobody at all has been "promoting" Trump.
    lol

That's all I have to say about that.

Welcome back thoughtomator, I see you just returned to posting on RPF three weeks ago after having been absent nearly a year! I guess you did not feel like posting before or around he time "Rand pulled out". I'm glad after your long absence you have returned to help us promote Liberty at Ron Paul Forums!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Welcome back thoughtomator, I see you just returned to posting on RPF three weeks ago after having been absent nearly a year! I guess you did not feel like posting before or around he time "Rand pulled out". I'm glad after your long absence you have returned to help us promote Liberty at Ron Paul Forums!
    That would surprise pretty much everybody here, including myself.

Remember guys this does not just describe the tactics of government agents, it could be any small minority group wishing to disrupt a majority. That could be a small group trying to disrupt the Liberty majority here on Ron Paul Forums, or even a small group of Liberty supporters trying to disrupt the tyranny majority outside of Ron Paul forums. It works either way and is helpful for both groups to learn and understand these tactics.

That would surprise pretty much everybody here, including myself.
    Look for your self:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=18052367

"No matches. Try some different terms."

Anyway, can you do me a favor and dig as deep as you can into this one for a while before I demonstrate how ridiculous an assertion that is? I don't get the same joy in blowing someone's erroneous assumptions to little bits when the other person isn't wholly and fiercely committed. The LOL factor when someone goes down with the ship is the best part.

Click on your username, then Click on latest threads started and see.

Click on your username, then Click on latest threads started and see.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how committed exactly are you to this position?

Hey where'd you go, buddy? Someone clue you in privately? Learn how to use Google Search properly in the past 5 minutes?

Don't leave me hanging that's so rude!