Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

Company payrolls surged by 195,000 in August, well above Wall Street estimates and at a time when fears have been growing about a looming recession, according to a report Thursday from ADP and Moody’s Analytics.

In all, services accounted for 184,000 of the total, with goods-producing industries adding 11,000. Manufacturing grew by 8,000 and construction contributed 6,000, though natural resources and mining saw a reduction of 2,000. Information services saw a loss of 6,000 jobs.
    Companies with 50 to 499 employees were the largest growth sector at 77,000, though small businesses grew by 66,000. Firms with more than 1,000 employees saw growth of 47,000.
    The ADP/Moody’s count comes a day ahead of the more closely watched Labor Department nonfarm payrolls report. Dow Jones estimates that the report will show payroll growth of 150,000 after July’s 164,000 with the unemployment rate staying at 3.7%.

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/05/payr...adpmoodys.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ADP is always higher than the BLS figures and even then BLS always revises their past figures downward after no one is paying attention.

BLS figure released today was 130,000. The real figure is probably closer to 90,000, based on average later downward revisions. The August 2018 birth/death adjustment alone was over +100,000.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ADP is always higher than the BLS figures and even then BLS always revises their past figures downward after no one is paying attention.

BLS figure released today was 130,000. The real figure is probably closer to 90,000, based on average later downward revisions. The August 2018 birth/death adjustment alone was over +100,000.
    I'm glad to see that you have such faith in deepstate statistics.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Anti-Trumpers agree: The president’s trade battle with China is hurting our economy and, in particular, America’s farmers. We are told that the tariff tiffs have caused a collapse in U.S. agricultural exports to China, and consequent heartbreak in our heartland.
    It isn’t true.
    As with most criticisms lodged against the Trump White House, this oft-repeated narrative is way overblown. Turns out, far from suffering what CNBC recently described as “a devastating year for farmers” the farmers of America overall are doing quite well.

The Department of Agriculture recently forecast that net farm income will rise nearly 5 percent this year, to $88 billion. That growth comes on top of increases in both 2017 and 2018 and is, just for the record, faster than the overall growth of the economy.
    For sure, times could be better. The forecast for this year means that real net farm income would come in 36 percent below its peak of $136.5 billion in 2013 and slightly below its 2000-18 average ($90.1 billion). Farmers suffered a severe drop in total revenues during the Obama years, collapsing from $484 billion in 2013 to $412 billion in 2016. Weirdly, I don’t remember the media paying much attention.

Perhaps most startling, the DOA forecasts that the average farm will see net cash income increase more than 11 percent this year, “the first annual increase after 4 consecutive years of declines.” Moreover, the median income of farm households will be up almost 4 percent this year.
    At the same time, farmers are getting richer; the net worth of the farm sector is likely to rise slightly this year, to $2.7 trillion, mostly because of higher real estate values.

In short, it turns out that as a whole our farmers are doing ok, or maybe even better than ok.
    None of this prevents the liberal media from hyperventilating about farm-belt misery. A recent headline from an industry journal blares: “USDA Slashes U.S. Corn, Soybean Export Estimates To China.” Indeed, the USDA predicted that, thanks largely to a drop in corn and soybean shipments, total agricultural exports will decline 6 percent this year, to “the lowest level recorded since 2016.”
    That sounds ominous, and seems to bolster the notion that Brazil is swooping in to supply Chinese soybean demand, thanks to the trade spat. But the story is not quite so simple. Brazil’s soybean exports to China, as it happens, are also falling, down 40 percent in August and off 14 percent through the first eight months of the year.
    The reason? The dreaded swine fever, which through June had killed some 22 percent of China’s pig herds, the major consumers of soybeans. Some analysts are projecting that as much as half of China’s pig population could die. Fewer pigs, less soybean demand.
    The real story is that even as soybean exports to China have dropped, pork exports have increased, due to the swine flu. Overall, the USDA projects that U.S. agricultural exports will be up slightly in the current fiscal year.
    So how are America’s farmers responding to these fluctuations in markets and tariffs? The media would have us believe that the trade battle is sabotaging support for President Trump in farm country, throwing his reelection in jeopardy.
    The Hill recently ran a story pumping that notion and quoting John Hansen, president of the Nebraska Farmers Union, who, the article states, “ripped President Trump" over his escalating trade war with China, calling it a “huge unforced error.”
    The piece failed to mention that the Nebraska Farmers Union is a chapter of the National Farmers Union, a left-wing organization that donates money exclusively to farm-state Democrats and is committed to green energy and federal price supports for farm products. It opposes large-scale corporate farms and President Trump.

More at: https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...tle-with-china

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The two latest jobs reports confirm that the U.S. economy remains on solid footing, growing across every sector (including manufacturing) and putting additional pressure on China to come to terms in the tariff war with President Trump.
    Wednesday’s jobs report from ADP, one of the country’s largest payroll processors, showed that the U.S. economy added 195,000 jobs in August, with gains across every sector and every company size. And that didn’t include the 17,200 jobs that were added in the franchise sector in August.
    Friday’s jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) showed that the economy added 130,000 jobs in August. The BLS report added that the unemployment rate remained close to 50-year lows at 3.7 percent, while seasonally-adjusted earnings climbed by 3.2 percent compared to a year ago. It also noted that the “labor participation rate” — the share of Americans either working or seeking employment — increased in August, indicating that the robust and growing economy is drawing in people from the sidelines. Employers asked their workers to stay on the job a little longer as well in August, another indication of a healthy and active economy.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...ng-u-s-economy

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The two latest jobs reports confirm that the U.S. economy remains on solid footing, growing across every sector (including manufacturing) and putting additional pressure on China to come to terms in the tariff war with President Trump.
    Wednesday’s jobs report from ADP, one of the country’s largest payroll processors, showed that the U.S. economy added 195,000 jobs in August, with gains across every sector and every company size. And that didn’t include the 17,200 jobs that were added in the franchise sector in August.
    Friday’s jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) showed that the economy added 130,000 jobs in August. The BLS report added that the unemployment rate remained close to 50-year lows at 3.7 percent, while seasonally-adjusted earnings climbed by 3.2 percent compared to a year ago. It also noted that the “labor participation rate” — the share of Americans either working or seeking employment — increased in August, indicating that the robust and growing economy is drawing in people from the sidelines. Employers asked their workers to stay on the job a little longer as well in August, another indication of a healthy and active economy.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...ng-u-s-economy
    BLS noted that of the 130,000 jobs added (below the expected 158,000 jobs), 25,000 were government hires for the upcoming Census. They also revised down June and July numbers by 20,000 each. That follows the downward revision of half a million jobs (500,000) between the end of 2018 and March of 2019. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...how-2019-08-21

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    BLS noted that of the 130,000 jobs added (below the expected 158,000 jobs), 25,000 were government hires for the upcoming Census. They also revised down June and July numbers by 20,000 each. That follows the downward revision of half a million jobs (500,000) between the end of 2018 and March of 2019. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...how-2019-08-21

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same BLS you cite in your post.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-06-2019 at 06:33 PM.

That comes from your link.(not the 500k but the same BLS source you cited in your post)
    The deepstate doesn't like Trump, they are likely to skew things to make him look bad so if it still looks not too bad it must be really great.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Black unemployment hits a new record low. Union leaders trying to stem flow of Union workers from voting for Trump. Chooglin'.

Same BLS you cite in your post.
    SS doesn't actually read the articles he posts.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Black unemployment hits a new record low. Union leaders trying to stem flow of Union workers from voting for Trump. Chooglin'.
    Trump's approval rating from all "non- whites" is an astonishing 18%. It is 13% among black voters. Chokin'.

SS doesn't actually read the articles he posts.

I read it, I just don't have the faith in the deepstate that you do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's approval rating from all "non- whites" is an astonishing 18%. It is 13% among black voters. Chokin'.
    Ar these the same pollsters that said Hillary would win?

Ar these the same pollsters that said Hillary would win?
    She did win the popular vote.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's not what they predicted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's not what they predicted.
    They predicted she would lose the popular vote?

They predicted she would lose the popular vote?
    They predicted she would win the EC.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

By invalid voters. Almost 17 million not legal votes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    By invalid voters. Almost 17 million not legal votes.
    Surely that many would be easy to find. Trump's election fraud committee couldn't find any.

Surely that many would be easy to find. Trump's election fraud committee couldn't find any.
    That's not what happened.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol.

That's not what happened.
    How many did they find? Is there a list of the 17 million?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many did they find? Is there a list of the 17 million?
    They were stonewalled and then disbanded.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They were stonewalled and then disbanded.
    Thank you for sharing that list of all the illegal voters they found.

Bringing up 3 year old "news" is always a great way to post slide and derail a thread away from facts, eh Phill4paul? It's a little too scripted and obvious these days. Whenever someone out of left field throws out "Hillary!!111!!!1" something-something in the middle of a thread it's a good clue that previous posts are damaging to the Trumpkin narrative.

Bringing up 3 year old "news" is always a great way to post slide and derail a thread away from facts, eh Phill4paul? It's a little too scripted and obvious these days. Whenever someone out of left field throws out "Hillary!!111!!!1" something-something in the middle of a thread it's a good clue that previous posts are damaging to the Trumpkin narrative.
    So you're saying Zippy's poll is a "fact?" Lol.

Can you show that it is wrong? Or just make noise?

I don't know if it's a fact or not, seeing how I don't particularly trust either of your opinions these days, but yelling out something about Hillary (or Obama, even that still happens) in the middle of a thread is a good clue that the topic isn't going the direction that Trumpkins desire. Just a learned observation...

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast