Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is this picture possible if the sun is 93 million miles from earth?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    If you take a really bright flashlight, bright enough to hurt your eyes to look at, hold it an arm away and look right at it, the light will grow a corona. This is a lensing effect caused by more photons hitting a photosensitive surface than that surface can process. Anybody who has worked with a lot of images knows this. Shine a bright light directly at the camera and it looks bigger. Shine it right at your eyes and it gets a corona on your retina.
    Okay, that's sounds reasonable but how does that explain clouds behind the sun? That's the part that I can't seem to explain in the pic using any common sense or science.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because they aren't. You don't get to just ignore everything I say and make me keep answering the exact same question over and over and over again. That is not the signature of a seeker of wisdom, but that of a self appointed evangelist.

I will not waste my new year on attempting to enlighten the dead.

Thank you kind ladies and gentlemen!
    Nothing you have said explains those clouds behind the sun Gunny. Never mind though. Didn't mean to upset anyone on New Years Eve.. I really find it curious. Have a great 2017!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Nothing you have said explains those clouds behind the sun Gunny. Never mind though. Didn't mean to upset anyone on New Years Eve.. I really find it curious. Have a great 2017!
    Because they are not behind the Sun. Period. How many times do I have to repeat the exact same words? That is how I know you are not sincere, but a peddler of quack nostrum. Go ruin someone else's new year. I'm off this crazy train.

I've seen that many times at sea and from aircraft.

Aliens.

Because they are not behind the Sun. Period. How many times do I have to repeat the exact same words? That is how I know you are not sincere, but a peddler of quack nostrum. Go ruin someone else's new year. I'm off this crazy train.
    Good grief. I'm ruining your new years? Stop being a drama queen....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Aliens.
    I was thinking Russians, but it might be Iranians...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Okay, that's sounds reasonable but how does that explain clouds behind the sun? That's the part that I can't seem to explain in the pic using any common sense or science.
    Well, you need to do an experiment to prove your hypothesis that the clouds are behind the sun.

Might be hard to do. If you could stand on the sun, and see the Earth in one direction, and the clouds in the opposite direction, you will have proved that the clouds are behind the sun (relative to the earth).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, you need to do an experiment to prove your hypothesis that the clouds are behind the sun.

Might be hard to do. If you could stand on the sun, and see the Earth in one direction, and the clouds in the opposite direction, you will have proved that the clouds are behind the sun (relative to the earth).
    Okay...I'll try to find a picture and see if I can see the sun block out the clouds to prove it's in front of them. Oh wait..here's one.

Seriously...now apparently I have entered flat earth territory and looking at some interesting stuff. Didn't mean to go there but becoming fascinated already.

Watch the moon go in front of and behind clouds at same time. Freaky! I've probably seen this happen in person gazing at the moon before but didn't even think about how this would be impossible if the moon was that far away (240k miles).

Last edited by PatriotOne; 01-01-2017 at 12:28 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Bill Engval would remark that if you were wearing your sign then he'd have known to explain it to you. This one may be a bit startling to you also

No...that one I understand perfectly. Now toss in some clouds behind that moon that's 240k miles away if ya want to blow my mind.

it has been explained more than sufficiently for you to understand. For some reason you seem to prefer to believe that the sun is only a few dozen miles away, as if somehow that explanation is more rational than the one given

So I was going through Mike Pence's twitter feed and ran across this picture he took and posted while flying to Orlando.
    https://twitter.com/mike_pence/statu...237376?lang=en

How is this possible if the sun is 93 million miles from earth? Does not make any sense to me. Anyone got an explanation before my brain short circuits?

"How is this picture possible if the sun is 93 million miles from earth?"

Physics.
    "I am a bird"

Dont worry, Trump is going to MAGA. That's all that matters.
    "The Patriarch"

Those aren't clouds. They're chem trails.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

You are making a false assumption that it is impossible to take a picture where objects which actually pass in front of a bright light appear to go behind the light. It has already been shown to you that this assumption is false, and even how you can perform your own experiment to prove that it is false. But you won't listen.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Aliens.
    That’s no sun…it’s a space station.

This flat earth stuff is so ridiculous I can't even...some of my friends even believe this and we say someone put dumb in their weed.

The clouds are not "behind the sun". As someone who has worked with photography all my life, a camera - or our eyes for that matter - do not have the latitude (dynamic range) to expose all levels of brightness when taking in an image, specifically something as massively bright as the sun. Combine that with the fact clouds are of varying densities explains this. The clouds that appear to be "behind the sun" are getting blown out (over-exposed) and they appear to disappear as they move in front of it. The clouds that do not get blown out as much are of thicker density and remain within the dynamic range of the camera, and thus can be seen passing in front of the sun.

You can easily replicate this by aiming a camera at a bright object and opening up the f-stop all the way. Anything somewhat transparent (like clouds) may be blown out and disappear while something darker may not. There is your answer.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    This flat earth stuff is so ridiculous I can't even...some of my friends even believe this and we say someone put dumb in their weed.

The clouds are not "behind the sun". As someone who has worked with photography all my life, a camera - or our eyes for that matter - do not have the latitude (dynamic range) to expose all levels of brightness when taking in an image, specifically something as massively bright as the sun. Combine that with the fact clouds are of varying densities explains this. The clouds that appear to be "behind the sun" are getting blown out (over-exposed) and they appear to disappear as they move in front of it. The clouds that do not get blown out as much are of thicker density and remain within the dynamic range of the camera, and thus can be seen passing in front of the sun.

You can easily replicate this by aiming a camera at a bright object and opening up the f-stop all the way. Anything somewhat transparent (like clouds) may be blown out and disappear while something darker may not. There is your answer.
    Problem...those clouds behind the sun are not even close to being semi-transparent. They are quite thick/dense. They are lighter because they are being lit up by the sun but the density of them appears to be the same. You can see that as you follow them to the right and the sunlight loses strength because of the distance.

So how is what appears to be the same density of clouds block out the sun on the bottom half but not even a little block out the top half? Makes no sense what so ever.
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 01-01-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I was thinking Russians, but it might be Iranians...

i'm thinkin' tequila.

Not to mention placing a very thin transparency (obviously quite transparent..hence the name) directly on a light source doesn't even begin to explain a thick cloud 93 MILLION miles away from the light source prove anything? The so called test doesn't even come close to replicating the scenario. I'm talking about this ridiculous explanation:

https://www.metabunk.org/explained-w...nd-moon.t7084/
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 01-01-2017 at 11:46 AM.

The earth is flat. Proof...

"The Patriarch"

Problem...those clouds behind the sun are not even close to being semi-transparent. They are quite thick/dense. They are lighter because they are being lit up by the sun but the density of them appears to be the same. You can see that as you follow them to the right and the sunlight loses strength because of the distance.

So how is what appears to be the same density of clouds block out the sun on the bottom half but not even a little block out the top half? Makes no sense what so ever.
    There seems to be more light when you look right at the sun, but it diffuses more if you look away?
    It appears that the lower, darker line is the horizon, and the cloud cover is relatively thin. Since the plane is so high up, an oblique view through the atmosphere is not impossible, nor is seeing the sun through that gap. The clouds are above the line of sight to the sun, not behind it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the fact that VP-elect Pence posted this pic proves that he is a double-reverse black psyop flat-earther.

and that my friends, is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The earth is flat. Proof...

THE SUN IS IN FRONT OF THE OCEAN!!!!!!

THE SUN IS IN FRONT OF THE OCEAN!!!!!!
    That would be explained by reflection.....not the sun washing out thick ass clouds from 93M miles away...lol. Those are not wispy, transparent clouds behind the Pence pics. And if you say they are your just lying to yourself to explain your problem with your explanation of why the bottom half of the same clouds that look the same in density don't block out the top half of the sun. Your explanation in no way explains that. In fact it debunks it all together.

God is so good to us, the tide is gonna bring in enough boiled fish to carry us through the winter tonight!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast