Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog dies after United flight attendant forces it into overhead bin

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Have you been stuffed in overhead baggage?
    No, of course not...

What the $#@! does that have to do with anything we're discussing here?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Could have been shock.

I've flown a million miles in my lifetime, on all manner of different aircraft and cabin configurations and am having a hard time envisioning a scenario where suffocation could have happened, unless maybe there were other bags tightly sealing the dog crate packed in around it.

Dunno what happened here, other than to say another miserable flight experience for another family after being bossed around and barked at by the flying fascists.
    Also, it was a French Bulldog. They have respiratory issues by nature of being bred to have smashed in faces.

The NYPost reported that United's pet death rate is already more then twice than the industry average. You'd think that would have entailed some aggressive training by now, but I guess not.

One thing my husband pointed out? That United has always been a horrible airline, but before the internet they could just deny these stories.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I don't know these things. But if the bin was full, is it possible that there just wasn't enough air? I understand the doors aren't hermetically sealed, but maybe they seal well enough to keep most of the air from circulating?
    That would be my guess. Those bags are a pretty tight fit for most pets, the "venting" is barely adequate as is. Other bags and the sides of the compartment would block those vents pretty well. Plus the bag could be compressed by other heavy luggage, especially if there was shifting due to turbulence.

At least the FA didn't tell her to flush the dog down the toilet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Just how much turbulence was there?
    apparently enough to beat a small dog to death in a box.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Also, it was a French Bulldog. They have respiratory issues by nature of being bred to have smashed in faces.

The NYPost reported that United's pet death rate is already more then twice than the industry average. You'd think that would have entailed some aggressive training by now, but I guess not.

One thing my husband pointed out? That United has always been a horrible airline, but before the internet they could just deny these stories.
    I am still fuming and in high state of piss off that they merged with my airline, Continental.

Was talking with a Southwest FA the other day, not the f ag who was giving me a hard time, who was a Continental employee for years, and they employees hated it just as much as us customers did.

That said, yeah, you may be right about that, a dog inclined to having breathing problems to start with, combined with what Pete mentioned, turbulence beating the dog up, and then just a high level of stress being closed up in the dark...all combined together to kill the dog.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-14-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    People never seem to learn the lesson of the Milgram experiment:
    Add to that the power of petty tyrants who have the full, violent force of the government behind them. This manifests itself most often with regard to flying and hospitals.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

United employees must have all been in the illegal bushmeat trade for a long time . Does not surprise me .

Expect more dead french bulldogs at the hands of these vile peoples . Airline employees are probably all people of low moral character that just could not pass the test to be cops .

Interesting twist. The woman (owner) doesn't speak English. This left it up to a little girl to stand up against and debate the adult flight attendant.

Experts agree that likely the dog suffocated.

The reason United leads in pet deaths is because it carries the most animals. It is the preferred airline of those that transport animals regularly as they know United's program is the most accommodating.

"According to a review of data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, 66 pets died in transport aboard flights of eight national and regional carriers over a more than two-year span, from January 2014 to August 2016. While that number is a tiny fraction of the more than two million live animals transported by air every year, it does spotlight the risk for animals traveling in the baggage compartment of planes.

Southwest Airlines is the only major U.S. air carrier that doesn’t permit customers to check their pets. The airline didn’t introduce a pet fare until 2009 and has never transported warm-blooded animals in the baggage compartment of its passenger planes, said spokeswoman Michelle Agnew.
    Because it doesn’t check pets, Southwest avoids the potential dangers that come with placing animals in the cargo hold, such as extreme temperatures or poor ventilation. According to the DOT data, Southwest (NYSE: LUV) reported no pet deaths, injuries or losses between January 2014 and August 2016.
    By comparison, United Airlines does transport pets as cargo and reported 22 in-flight pet deaths in the measured span. That was the highest number of pet fatalities reported by any of the airlines over the time period.
    Chicago-based United (NYSE: UAL) flies more pets than its competitors — about 200,000 in 2015 alone, according to airline spokesman Charlie Hobart. The company’s PetSafe program includes several safeguards intended to mitigate the risks inherent in air travel for animals, Hobart said, adding that customers can play a critical role by acclimating their pets to shipping kennels, as well.
    “It’s in our interest that we educate the consumer to ensure they know what they can do to prepare for the trip,” Hobart said, referring to tips listed on United’s PetSafe website.

“As with any life event of your pet, you should discuss flying with a vet,” Fricke said. “There are other [medical] conditions that might be complicated by air travel.”
    United has the most permissive pet policy of the major U.S. carriers and checks not only dogs and cats but also rabbits and household birds. It also will transport brachycephalic, or snub-nosed, dog breeds that other airlines, including Delta Air Lines(NYSE: DAL) and American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL), won’t accept.
    Many of those kinds of dogs — think pugs, bulldogs and Boston terriers — have hereditary respiratory problems, according to the Humane Society, and are susceptible to heat stroke and breathing difficulties when placed in a cargo hold. Of the 22 pet deaths reported by United in the more than two-year period through last August, at least seven were snub-nosed dog breeds.

Other airlines allow checked pets but place more restrictions on animal type and how they are transported.

“No matter how hard airlines try, there are going to be circumstances beyond their control,” Fricke said.

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...board-u-s.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Coquito Bill. (name of the dog)

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The reason United leads in pet deaths is because it carries the most animals. It is the preferred airline of those that transport animals regularly as they know United's program is the most accommodating.
    Good info, it sounds to me like they are doing a good job and the dog breed probably had much to do with the dog dying.

I recall when we immigrated our dogs up from the Caribbean, it was a major pain to coordinate as the planes had strict limits on when they could fly based on the max expected temperature of the day.

am having a hard time envisioning a scenario where suffocation could have happened, unless maybe there were other bags tightly sealing the dog crate packed in around it.
    Maybe you should test the theory and fly in baggage next time. If you stop breathing we can settle the mystery.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One of these days there is going to be an altercation between AF and a flight attendant, and he will ask to get the pilot involved.

Danke will come walking out, and AF will try to explain why he shouldn't have to turn off the people of walmart screensaver on his iPad.
    in that case I will back the Flight Attendant.
    Pilot in charge, so when someone turns up dead on the flight . . .

https://vimeo.com/225638010

"It's just a dog . . ." (video at 08:30 - 10:10) The Hunt, Twilight Zone
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-18-2018 at 09:48 AM.

The French bulldog who was stored in an overhead locker on a United Airlines plane died of suffocation, an autopsy has revealed.

More at: https://au.news.yahoo.com/revealed-k...230851870.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

funny, but unlike marriage, there are laws backing up the governance wrt the chain of command. Flight Attendants always lose trying to challenge that.
    You're assuming that the flight attendant isn't performing marriage duties for the pilot.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Danke the french bulldog killer . Has a nice ring to it . Should keep the juveniles on his street out of his yard .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12